Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

My family's the same. It makes for loads of fun at family gatherings.

I haven't been to a family reunion since I was six and my little cousin got a nosebleed, so some extended relatives stole her into the church and started flicking water from the church tap on her face and screaming out of the Bible because they thought she was possessed. I tried to get her a tissue, and the woman slapped it out of my hands and exclaimed "IT'S IN JESUS'S HANDS NOW!"

:dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Ok, my family's not THAT bad. Wow. It's more that my nephew comes home and asks my sister why they don't pray at night. Because Nana says you must, so mommy must be doing something wrong. :(

Holy cramps.

I'm from the south, y'all. You want crazies, we got 'em!

Soooooooooo, I'm from the south (FURTHER south!), too, and I encountered very few people like that. :haha: Just wanted that on the record. :flower:

Haha. You're right. Most aren't like that. And KY is "living in the North" for me. :haha:

I was just exposed to so much of it, since my family is Southern Baptist, and extended family is backwoods something or other that dances with snakes. And they start freaking out and foaming at the mouth, then pass out when the preacher starts screaming and touching them. :wacko:

When DH meets my grandmother, I have to translate. My family's dialect of country is apparently almost a separate language altogether. Maybe I can put it on my resume? :rofl:

But seriously. Home state of TN, Y U H8 GAY?

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/us/vicco-kentucky-passes-ban-on-gay-bias.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I've lived in three corners of the US, and I'm come to the conclusion that poor, rural people with little education tend to be crazy no matter the geography. In the west, it's the hardcore libertarian folks with lots of guns that scare me. In the south, it's the southern baptists. Not sure how to describe those in the northest/midwest, but they're still well-armed bigots. Same demographics, same problems.

This is why I get irked that the South is the country's punching bag. I've heard more hardcore racist things here in 1.5 years that I did in a decade in the south (maybe longer, but I don't trust my prepubescent memories).

Let's all hate on Arizona. Those f*****s deserve it after these past few years!

Oh, I am definitely down for hating on Arizona! Arizona is doing things that even the local rednecks are going "Damn, that ain't right!" about! A woman can't get an abortion to save her life? So they BOTH have to die because that seems more moral?!

AAAAAAAARRRRGH!

My hatred of Arizona is also tainted by the fact that the sun is overwhelming there. I am here to tell you, my friends, that the sun is in fact a giant flaming ball of evil. Not even SPF120 can keep me safe for more than a few hours.

Wow ginger, your family sounds horrible. None of my immediate family except for my birth mom are religious. As far as I know. I don't directly ask most people but based on my grandma's comments on some of the irreligious Facebook photos I share (not a whole lot because I hate confrontation and therefore don't like to piss people off) I'm guessing she has the same opinions as me. She's also a highly intelligent woman so I would be shocked if she did believe that we were made out of dirt and Adam's rib and have difficult childbirth because eve talked to a snake lol. Have you seen the study that showed a direct correlation between intelligence and belief in religion?

Had my ultrasound yesterday at 8 weeks 3 days, the sac was only measuring 6 weeks 5 days and there was no fetus to speak of. No heart beat, no nothing. They said the baby never grew properly.

Having everything removed on Saturday. Just trying to enjoy my birthday today and prepare for our trip to Thailand on Sunday the best I can.

this is our third loss....

Oh I am so sorry vietmamsie. :hugs: I can't even imagine what you're going through

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/us/vicco-kentucky-passes-ban-on-gay-bias.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I've lived in three corners of the US, and I'm come to the conclusion that poor, rural people with little education tend to be crazy no matter the geography. In the west, it's the hardcore libertarian folks with lots of guns that scare me. In the south, it's the southern baptists. Not sure how to describe those in the northest/midwest, but they're still well-armed bigots. Same demographics, same problems.

This is why I get irked that the South is the country's punching bag. I've heard more hardcore racist things here in 1.5 years that I did in a decade in the south (maybe longer, but I don't trust my prepubescent memories).

Let's all hate on Arizona. Those f*****s deserve it after these past few years!
Ohhh, let's add Idaho to that, please! https://www.iiicitadel.com/

Had my ultrasound yesterday at 8 weeks 3 days, the sac was only measuring 6 weeks 5 days and there was no fetus to speak of. No heart beat, no nothing. They said the baby never grew properly.

Having everything removed on Saturday. Just trying to enjoy my birthday today and prepare for our trip to Thailand on Sunday the best I can.

I am so sorry. :hugs:

Viet, I'm so sorry! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Have they done any testing or anything to figure out why you're having losses?

I had some tests done after the last one and everything looked fine. The fertility doctor said that after three losses they take it a little more seriously and we can look into more testing and what not. I will make an appointment with him after my trip to Thailand.

I'm pretty numb. This really sucks. This was the worst time too... the first time I never really knew for sure if I was pg, then last time with all the blood it was more real, and now this time it's still inside of me dead. This is awful.

Oh, Viet, I'm so sorry to hear that!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :cry: :cry: It could still be just terrible bad luck, instead of something wrong. Some of the women on the repeated m/c threads are incredibly knowledgeable. It may well be chromosomal, but there are also immunological things that can be treated, too. Doctors apparently don't always mention that possibility.

It's good that you have a trip planned to take your mind off things. I'm so sorry you're going through this. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs: Oh my goodness, Viet. I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy your trip to Thailand. I'm sure your doctors can help when you get back. I hope it's like Pbl says and just bad luck.

I hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in. I'm 22.5, DF is almost 25. 2nd cycle TTC, NTNP for 12 months before TTC. I'm agnostic, he is atheist.

Vietmamsie- I am SO sorry for your loss, and have my FX you will get your rainbow baby soon <3 <3 <3

:hi: Clynn! Of course. We love new people. I wish my DF was an atheist like me or even agnostic. How'd I fall for a catholic? Lol
Afm...I have crosshairs again. Fx they stay there this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->