Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

I might be crazy.
I think I'm going to stop the Dong Quai. Yes, I've been taking it for.... like a week. LOL. But had some lovely EWCM over the past day and a half, so I'm hoping that means an egg's wandering around. :) (Jumped BF tonight just in case since he's gone this week & this was my last chance before Thursday...) And you're not supposed to take the Dong Quai after you O. Really hoping I'm not reading into things! But this week's had the first CM since.... Um. Well, I haven't been off b/c in about 5 years. Am I jumping the gun?

Are you using OPK's? You can buy them in bulk online for little money.

Sbmack That is sooooooooooooo positive. There's no doubt there. w00t! w00t!

Viet, so sorry you've lost your bean. Maybe now they'll find out what's really going on. My sister had 2 blighted ovums and then a low progesterone loss in a row. Hope they find answers for you soon and a sticky rainbow bean comes your way. :hugs:

Hey ladies :hi:,
I've been off for a little bit. Busy at work and tired when I get home. Also, my appetite is back so I've been able to go out and eat with some friends which has been nice.

I'll catch up with you lot again soon. Take care and good luck ladies!

Hi Tsy!! Glad to here you're doing well.

I might be crazy.
I think I'm going to stop the Dong Quai. Yes, I've been taking it for.... like a week. LOL. But had some lovely EWCM over the past day and a half, so I'm hoping that means an egg's wandering around. :) (Jumped BF tonight just in case since he's gone this week & this was my last chance before Thursday...) And you're not supposed to take the Dong Quai after you O. Really hoping I'm not reading into things! But this week's had the first CM since.... Um. Well, I haven't been off b/c in about 5 years. Am I jumping the gun?

Are you using OPK's? You can buy them in bulk online for little money.

Nope, because I haven't had an AF post depo yet. I was planning to get just 1 month's worth after I get an AF so that I can make sure everything's working properly and then not doing them again. My worry about getting a sticky one > than getting a BFP. Unless it starts to take a while, I'm not going to do OPKs or chart or anything. :) Just personal preference for a few reasons.

Jeeze, I am just exhausted today. And starving. I just had a bowl of white rice (with butter, milk, and sugar of course), so I shouldn't be hungry.

Also craving coffee, but we're almost out of creamer. :coffee:

You put milk in your rice? The sugar and butter I've done. We called it dessert rice growing up. We'd usually have normal rice with dinner and then have a bowl of dessert rice.
I made it to 6dpo! Temps haven't dropped, other than a .03 degree drop today but that's nothing. I am testing the day afs due, assuming she doesn't show in the morning. I will be 15dpo and its the day before Valentines day and while I know it's a commercial holiday and don't usually celebrate it, it would still be sweet to be able to give him a very special Valentine present this year.

You put milk in your rice? The sugar and butter I've done. We called it dessert rice growing up. We'd usually have normal rice with dinner and then have a bowl of dessert rice.
I made it to 6dpo! Temps haven't dropped, other than a .03 degree drop today but that's nothing. I am testing the day afs due, assuming she doesn't show in the morning. I will be 15dpo and its the day before Valentines day and while I know it's a commercial holiday and don't usually celebrate it, it would still be sweet to be able to give him a very special Valentine present this year.

We called it dessert rice, too! And I still do. But I call it breakfast rice when I'm having it for breakfast. :haha: Not a lot of milk, and not all the time. If it's kinda dry, I'll put a little bit of milk in to give it some moisture and cool it down a tad so I don't burn myself. It's something my grandfather used to do, and so it reminds me of him.

Woo, 6dpo! Fingers crossed for a Valentine's BFP! We don't celebrate it either, but I will be testing a few days early on the 14th just in case. Maybe we'll both get our BFPs!

Yay fx we both get valentine BFPs. I'm with you on the whole exhausted thing. I tried to wake up at 10. I put my glasses on and went in to the forums. Fell asleep holding my iPhone with my finger still on the screen! Gahh, feel weird about sleeping late at the in-laws though, like I'm being lazy but I'm not really. I work until 11:30 or 12:30 5 nights a week and go to bed around 3 so it's not exactly unreasonable to sleep until noon. I have a day off today though so yay for that.

Thought you might all enjoy this. Came across it on one of my anti-religion groups on Facebook. You know what I love about bnb? Religious people on here don't see this group and come on here and start preaching or tell us we're going to hell, they just let us be and join a group for their religion. Facebook atheist groups are another story....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi ladies! :thumbup:

Sorry I haven't been on here much recently, I'm having a hard time with 'morning' (which is b*llox!) sickness, which is actually ALL DAY sickness.
I struggle at work all day staring at a computer so when I get home I can't bring myself to turn the computer on and come on here! I do read the forum occasionally in bed on my phone but my stupid nauseated brain now associates staring at my phone for too long with sickness. :wacko: sigh

Anyway, I'm hoping I will at some point, start feeling better and I can join in with people again.
Good luck to everyone, I really hope you get your BFP this month! :happydance: Congrats to those who have and viet - I am so sorry to hear your sad news. :hugs:

Hello :hi: sorry about the morning sickness but its supposed to be a good sign at least. Congrats on your pregnancy. Judging by your ticker only 5 more weeks and you should hopefully be feeling better.

Quiet around here today. :) I have tests arriving tomorrow so they'll be on hand. Going to give it 2 weeks and test if AF doesn't show before then since I'm about 90% sure there was an ovulation last week. Even an AF showing up would be great news, though.

I had spotting yesterday.

I'm no longer spotting. It's just full-blown AF now, which means my LP has been completely skipped twice in a row.

I'm so depressed, because I was just starting to let myself feel hope, then BAM. AF. Two weeks early again.

I tried so hard to catch this egg, and now it won't matter if I did, because it will just get washed out. It makes me feel like I've had a loss, even though I have no way of knowing whether that's true.

:cry:

It's times like these that I really envy religious folks, because they can pray and say "God has his ways" and it makes them feel better. But I just have to think "My body is biologically defective, and if I want it to do what it was supposed to naturally be meant to do, I'm going to have to get intervention from my doctor. And he doesn't have any appointments open for weeks. :nope:

Hi Hannibal, sorry about the morning sickness! Hope it goes away soon.

Ginger, so sorry about AF. Good for you for calling the doc. I'm sure they can help. I've never heard of skipping an LP. I know what you mean about feeling envious of religious people. Being able to 'put faith in God' is probably pretty comforting. On the other hand, you know God won't help you so you will seek out answers and find out what's going on with your body. Good luck. Hugs!

Thanks, Sbmack.

I'm on hold with the doctor office's on-call nurse right now.

So I just got off the phone with her, and I'm very frustrated now.

I basically told her what was going on, and she said "Oh, well... You haven't been trying for a whole year, so there's no problem. Especially at your age."

I told her how my doctor told me that because of my history with my crazy cycles, that he wanted to see me at the end of March if I hadn't gotten pregnant by then. She asked me what about my cycles was weird.

I was like "Uh.... Going three months without periods, and now I'm having them every two weeks with no LP?" She goes "Hmmmm.... Has your husband had a SA? You know, no matter what you do, if his SA isn't good, you'll never get pregnant."

Why the F@*# are you asking me about my husband and a SA like THAT'S the problem when I just told you I haven't had a LP in two cycles?! :hissy:

I'm just so upset right now. She made me an appointment for March 20th, and was all smiley, "But hopefully you won't need it! :winkwink:"

:grr: GRRRRRRR! :grr:

So sorry, Ginger. :( Can you ask to be put on a list so if someone cancels their appointment, you can get in sooner? That's a long time to have to wait. :hugs:
The nurse practitioner at the doc's office I was going to 5 years ago told me that my 2nd m/c wasn't actually an m/c and that I just read the test wrong. :dohh:

If it was a regular appointment, they would see me much sooner. But this would be a fertility appointment. The fact that they'll be seeing me before a full year of TTC is already good.

Jesus. Doctors can be terrible.

See, we don't need "god" because we have SCIENCE! And doctors sort of know about it. But not always. Don't get me started.

Anyway, Ginger, sorry you're dealing with this. You're not skipping your LP bc that's not possible. You could well be not ovulating, which would make all this TTC stuff pointless. I know I probably sound like the worst broken record in the world, but since you have to wait several weeks before you go to the docs', you should really temp!!! That way you'll know if you're simply never o'ing, or if you are but are having midcycle bleeding, or what. It will also make your FS appt 10X more useful, because you'll be able to walk in with a good history and solid information about whether you are or are not ovulating.

Have you gotten this book?
https://www.tcoyf.com/content/BookOverview.aspx
It's really helpful. It may not be necessary these days, because the free tutorials at places like fertility friend are so good, but it can be nice to have the hard copies of things.

You claim to be a nerd, so back it up!! This is what the REAL nerds do: RESEARCH and DATA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->