Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Jesus. Doctors can be terrible.

See, we don't need "god" because we have SCIENCE! And doctors sort of know about it. But not always. Don't get me started.

Anyway, Ginger, sorry you're dealing with this. You're not skipping your LP bc that's not possible. You could well be not ovulating, which would make all this TTC stuff pointless. I know I probably sound like the worst broken record in the world, but since you have to wait several weeks before you go to the docs', you should really temp!!! That way you'll know if you're simply never o'ing, or if you are but are having midcycle bleeding, or what. It will also make your FS appt 10X more useful, because you'll be able to walk in with a good history and solid information about whether you are or are not ovulating.

Have you gotten this book?
https://www.tcoyf.com/content/BookOverview.aspx
It's really helpful. It may not be necessary these days, because the free tutorials at places like fertility friend are so good, but it can be nice to have the hard copies of things.

You claim to be a nerd, so back it up!! This is what the REAL nerds do: RESEARCH and DATA!!!

Yes, I'm definitely going to start temping now, no matter what DH says. I got positive OPKs, and felt in my ovaries what I thought was ovulation. Still, I can't prove I actually O'd, so... Temping! Any recommendations on specific thermometers? I've heard the Walgreens one is awful.

Hi all! Saw this thread and it's right up my alley! Sometimes I do wish I had the "God" piece to fall onto for support...but I can't do it. Glad to see there are others!

Welcome!

Jesus. Doctors can be terrible.

See, we don't need "god" because we have SCIENCE! And doctors sort of know about it. But not always. Don't get me started.

Anyway, Ginger, sorry you're dealing with this. You're not skipping your LP bc that's not possible. You could well be not ovulating, which would make all this TTC stuff pointless. I know I probably sound like the worst broken record in the world, but since you have to wait several weeks before you go to the docs', you should really temp!!! That way you'll know if you're simply never o'ing, or if you are but are having midcycle bleeding, or what. It will also make your FS appt 10X more useful, because you'll be able to walk in with a good history and solid information about whether you are or are not ovulating.

Have you gotten this book?
https://www.tcoyf.com/content/BookOverview.aspx
It's really helpful. It may not be necessary these days, because the free tutorials at places like fertility friend are so good, but it can be nice to have the hard copies of things.

You claim to be a nerd, so back it up!! This is what the REAL nerds do: RESEARCH and DATA!!!

Yes, I'm definitely going to start temping now, no matter what DH says. I got positive OPKs, and felt in my ovaries what I thought was ovulation. Still, I can't prove I actually O'd, so... Temping! Any recommendations on specific thermometers? I've heard the Walgreens one is awful.

Excellent! :thumbup: I haven't heard anything about specific brands, so I would imagine anything digital is fine. My first was a spongebob squarepants from the local pharmacy. :haha: The thing to watch for is the battery. Once it starts to fade you can get erratic results.

Oh, fuck.

???

Ginger, so sorry about af. Glad you decided to start temping. I just got the life brand one from shoppers drug mart but its also the only place to buy it in town. I'm sure you have more selection.
Welcome Twiggers!
I had a horrible sleep last night so I'm not sure whether to trust my temp or not but either way its far over the cover line

Bad sleep messes up temping? LOL I can *never ever ever* temp in that case. Sorry you didn't sleep well.

Bad sleep messes up temping? LOL I can *never ever ever* temp in that case. Sorry you didn't sleep well.

It can if you don't get more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep especially if you're tossing and turning which I was doing a lot last night. Thanks.

Yeah, I'd be screwed. Lol. The nights I sleep well are the exception.
Tests arrived today. :) Got a faint line on the OPK. So that would mean I'm at least back on a cycle, right? Or would I get that even if there was no cycle going on?

Yeah, I'd be screwed. Lol. The nights I sleep well are the exception.
Tests arrived today. :) Got a faint line on the OPK. So that would mean I'm at least back on a cycle, right? Or would I get that even if there was no cycle going on?

I've never NOT gotten two lines on an OPK. Some women can get one line, but as far as I can tell, most women have two lines all cycle long.

Except that I haven't been having cycles, which is kinda why I was wondering. I've had cramping as well, so I'll wait and see what happens. Have a busy few weeks to keep me distracted (somewhat. Lol).

There are always low levels of Lutenizing Hormone (LH; what the OPKs are testing for) in your system. They only surge to high levels right before you O. Most women will eventually see the line get darker than the control, although you might have to test 2-3x/day to see that. For some it will just get darker than the baseline.

Of course, seeing the lines get darker doesn't guarantee that you will O. Sometime your body tries, but then it doesn't happen. Blood tests or sustained high body temps (cough) are the only ways to tell that.

How long you have not been having cycles?

Here's a pretty picture. The blue line is the LH, and you can see that it's there during the whole cycle, which is why most women get faint lines.

https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/files/cycle.gif

There are always low levels of Lutenizing Hormone (LH; what the OPKs are testing for) in your system. They only surge to high levels right before you O. Most women will eventually see the line get darker than the control, although you might have to test 2-3x/day to see that. It will just get darker than the baseline.

Of course, seeing the lines get darker doesn't guarantee that you will O. Sometime your body tries, but then it doesn't happen. Blood tests or sustained high body temps (cough) are the only ways to tell that.

How long you have not been having cycles?

Um... I've been on b/c of some type from about September of 2008 until September of 2012. Depo was about the last year of that. And I haven't had one since going off. :)

Interesting pic pbl. So you could technically pick up a few +OPKs after the egg pops.

Um... I've been on b/c of some type from about September of 2008 until September of 2012. Depo was about the last year of that. And I haven't had one since going off. :)

Ah. I forgot about that, sorry. :dohh: When was your last depo shot? Docs can potentially induce AF if it takes too long. I know women here who have waited up to a year for AF after depo!! :nope: You might try getting your doctor to give you a time line for how long to wait before he/she will help by inducing it.

Or did you do that already? Sorry, I have a hard time keeping up sometimes.:blush:

There is also a couple vitamins hyping can try if you're like me an don't want to play around with anymore hormones. Vitex is supposed to be good to balance your hormones. There's also something called Fem rebalance which is the same thing but probably better but more expensive. I'm thinking about starting one if I didn't catch the egg this cycle

Hi there...sorry to butt in but I saw DEPO...then I cringed about when I got off of it...I was on it for about 8 years and when I got off in summer of 2009 I had nothing until November and then I had my "period" basically everyday for 5-6 months...somedays it would just be for like 3 hours and then I'd get a day off...but it was like this for AWHILE...anywho...over 3 years later and I'm still not regular, not even close...so maybe it's just me and my funky body

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->