Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

I might have to try Vitex. I feel like my hormones are out of whack right now. I'm feeling nauseous, suffering from really uncharacteristically wild emotional fluctuations, and I've been suffering from insomnia for three nights, which is pretty significant given that I suffer from mild narcolepsy. :wacko:

Um... I've been on b/c of some type from about September of 2008 until September of 2012. Depo was about the last year of that. And I haven't had one since going off. :)

Ah. I forgot about that, sorry. :dohh: When was your last depo shot? Docs can potentially induce AF if it takes too long. I know women here who have waited up to a year for AF after depo!! :nope: You might try getting your doctor to give you a time line for how long to wait before he/she will help by inducing it.

Or did you do that already? Sorry, I have a hard time keeping up sometimes.:blush:

LOL, I do too. :)

There is also a couple vitamins hyping can try if you're like me an don't want to play around with anymore hormones. Vitex is supposed to be good to balance your hormones. There's also something called Fem rebalance which is the same thing but probably better but more expensive. I'm thinking about starting one if I didn't catch the egg this cycle

To answer both- I'm on Vitex & I'm pretty convinced that it's already helping. I was taking Dong Quai, too, but stopped Sunday when I think I ovulated. (Nothing for 4 months and then less than 2 weeks after starting the Vitex is a pretty big coincidence IMO.) Sticking with Vitex as a personal choice because of the 2 m/cs.
IF I'm wrong and the supplements don't help after another 2-3 months, I'll let the docs try something. Would rather not, though.
Thanks for the input. :) We're heading out of town next week & I'll be calling a doc for a consult when we get back regardless since I'm finding a new doc for all of this.

I might have to try Vitex. I feel like my hormones are out of whack right now. I'm feeling nauseous, suffering from really uncharacteristically wild emotional fluctuations, and I've been suffering from insomnia for three nights, which is pretty significant given that I suffer from mild narcolepsy. :wacko:

It makes me a bit nauseous. :( Just a warning. Better now, but the first couple of weeks were bothersome.

Welcome Twiggers!

Sorry about the weird and lack of cycles ladies. Hope the vitamins help.

Pbl, how are you doing??

Just fine, thanks! How are you?? :flower:

Feeling good. Had my first dr. appt. since I got my positive. They just went over what to expect and took some bloodwork. I'm not really feeling any difference yet besides sore boobs and having to pee all the time.

We are in a state of emergency here in New England. NH is basically shut down. The Mass. governor banned cars from the road after 4:00. I tried to go to work but saw six cars off the road within an hour. Didn't even make it into an account. Just went home. I'm excited to be snowed in....gives me an excuse to be lazy and just cook all day. Going to roast a bird tomorrow and make some soup. I may do some cross country skiing if I feel up to it. Haven't been sleeping well lately so I might just starfish out.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Quiet this weekend. :) I've been very up & down this weekend. (Someone sent me a thank you note & I cried... It was bad.)
ETA: And groggy. Cannot wake up!
Nothing new otherwise. Anyone else?

I woke up feeling nauseous and had a big spike in temp this morning so I took a test :bfn: hoping its just too early. Otherwise I have a cold again which sucks, I feel like crap and worried that it might have messed with my temps

Sorry for BFN, Rogers. :hugs: It's still pretty early for you, though. Did you know colds can actually be symptoms? Apparently in early pregnancy your body turns down the knob on the immune system, so it's more likely that you'll get sick.

Bib, sorry you're been emotional--that's been me, too! Usually a sure sign that AF is on her way. :cry: I've taken to the preventative application of sentimental movies. It actually helps a lot! Anything new with your cycles?

What's up with everyone else? Nothin' doin' here, just waiting for AF.......

Could be AF. I usually get pissy before AF, though, not weepy. Lol. Still groggy and nauseous. Oh, and stuffy nose. Argh. So... Just waiting. If I did have an eggy drop a week ago like I thought, I should get SOMETHING a week from today. Good thing this week is so busy!

Sorry for BFN, Rogers. :hugs: It's still pretty early for you, though. Did you know colds can actually be symptoms? Apparently in early pregnancy your body turns down the knob on the immune system, so it's more likely that you'll get sick.

Bib, sorry you're been emotional--that's been me, too! Usually a sure sign that AF is on her way. :cry: I've taken to the preventative application of sentimental movies. It actually helps a lot! Anything new with your cycles?

What's up with everyone else? Nothin' doin' here, just waiting for AF.......

Yes I've heard that but not this time. Af hit hard this morning. Good luck to those still waiting to test. I hopefully will not be waiting 8 weeks to ovulate again

Awe babyrogers :hugs: sorry AF came! We'll catch those eggies this next cycle!! <3

Thanks ladies. It's ok. I wasn't expecting anything my first cycle and if I get pregnant this cycle I can hopefully announce around Mother's Day which would be awesome. And it just gives us more time to get the house ready and save money and I won't be quite as big for our wedding.

We decided that if we get a BFP next week that we'll announce early on April Fool's Day. :D Just because we're mean like that. Lol. (But even better because no one really knows we're trying, so it would be loads of fun.)

Lol that would be hilarious! Ff thinks I'm not going to ovulate until Cd57 again lol. April 8th. Hopefully this will be a lot shorter though.

I hope so! That's a long time. :( Have you tried anything to help shorten your cycles a bit?

Not yet. Once the new place is ready an we're out of mil's house I'll probably start taking vitex if it hasn't started to regulate on its own. Honestly as much as I want a Lo right now I'm nervous about people's reaction about us getting pregnant at 20 and 24 before we get married even though I will be at the most five and a half months on our wedding day. Particularly his bible thumping little sister. She's 13 but has Aspergurs so everything is very black and white to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->