Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Makes sense. The people we've told so far are the ones that we know will keep their opinions to themselves. Lol. How long until you move?

I'm not sure... He's got the walls framed and started insulating the floors but he still needs to insulate and put the walls up and floors down, take all the crap from the roof and insulate it and then plumbing, electricity and appliances.... But we will probably move in at least our bed and animals once its insulated with walls and floors (and preferably a working bathroom lol)

A bible-thumping 13-year old girl with Aspergers? Holy headache, Batman! I'm really not sure I would be able to handle that one!

My extended family is super religious (here's a link to a funny story about them). It was pretty obvious that I was having pre-marital sex as a teen (especially when my mom snuck into my room to "clean"/snoop and found a vibrator :shy:), but... my whole family just went :ignore:

DH was a virgin when we started dating, as he wanted to save himself for marriage. That... did not last through the first night after I moved in with him. :blush: My mom kept saying "You don't know who he's been with! What if you catch something from him?!" And I said "Mama, if either of us is going to catch something, it's going to be him catching it from me!" and she just went right back to helping me pack and started another conversation as if I hadn't said it at all. :winkwink:

My mom never liked DH very much, but letting it slip to her that we might be TTC has actually made her much nicer to him. I guess because it means he's no longer "the guy her baby met on Facebook and moved two states away for and now she never comes home on Christmas" and is now "the future father of more grandbabies". :haha:

I guess, in the end, what I'm trying to say is that... Yes. Your family might deeply disapprove of you having kids before you get married. But it's your choice, and it's your life. They might not like it at first, but they are gonna love your LOs. :hugs:

Haha yes she really is a headache lol. Luckily she loves with her Grandma during the school week because her parents work in the mornings and can't drive her most of the time. I know my family is going to be on with it, especially my step mom but his family is a pain. Right now the only people who know are our four best friends (2 couples) and one of his friends who just had a baby. My 2 girlfriend's are the only ones who talk about it. My one friend asks whenever the 3 of us are alone "So how's it going with the baby making" lol. It's nice to have that rl support system. My other friend has 2 kids who are so sweet. She cloth diapers so I have someone to ask all the questions to. I put on one of the cloth diapers on her son yesterday. It was a 2peice so fairly simple. Fold the towel inside. Put the cover around and snap into place. Once I'm a little closer to having my baby I will get her to walk me through her diaper laundry routine.

Lol Ginger! Go families... My brother's not an Aspie but has a lot of that rigidity regarding rules (except when HE's the one breaking them...). It can be fun. The first thing out of my mom's mouth is going to be "Is this on purpose?"
Cannot ever ever tell her that I'm talking to my stepmom today about how crappy I'm feeling and how everything's going. Lol.

Just had BF get an extra box of samoas.... Still really weepy and cookies will totally fix it. ;)

Will stop flooding the thread now.
But my foggy brain forgot:
Ginger's advice is right on.
And it sounds like you guys are in a good place other than the house and that's temporary. So give everyone a little duct tape. :p

Viet, have the doctors given you any answers as to why this keeps happening? I've been stalking the accu thread since I started getting it a month ago. You mentioned something about a yoga retreat. Have you done that yet? That would be great.

I just left the dr.'s office. I woke up in the middle of the night with some heavier red bleeding and cramping on my right side. They did an ultrasound and saw a sac in the uterus which ruled out a tubal pregnancy. I got blood drawn and will go back Monday to get more bloodwork. I've heard about a type of hematoma that could cause this. I'm hoping this is the case and I'm not miscarrying. I should know more on Monday. It's going to be a worrisome weekend.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Oh my goodness, Sbmack! Thinking about you and hoping everything is all right. I'm glad a tubal was ruled out. Hopefully bloods and tests all come back on the awesome side of normal. :hugs:

:hugs: Sb. I hope everything turns out okay! Only half of women who have bleeding during pregnancy end up m/cing, so there's a good chance things will be fine!!

Keep us posted, and do whatever it takes to keep yourself sane. Agree that it will be a long, long weekend. :hugs:

Thanks, Ladies. It's not looking good. The midwife called with my bloodwork results Yesterday (16,000) and said that the levels combined with the US was cause for concern. They couldn't see a yolk sac in the US. She was talking about monitoring me to see if the MC Passes naturally. I've been reassured on another thread that those numbers aren't bad though. I will know more on Monday when they test my levels again. The bleeding wasn't too bad yesterday and is only spotting today so I'm holding out a little hope.

FX, Sb. There have been many stories about misinterpreted U/S. :hugs::hugs:

Hugs! Hope all is well after all. Keep us updated!

Strings of negative tests this week but ridiculous amounts of nausea, exhaustion and a few other things. Gaaaah!

SB: :hugs: I hope everything is ok... thinking about you and sending lots of positive energy.

AFM, just got home from a holiday, think I already need another one! I'm hoping to do the yoga thing in India in the fall, providing I'm not pg then. Something to look forward to!

SB: :hugs: I hope everything is ok... thinking about you and sending lots of positive energy.

AFM, just got home from a holiday, think I already need another one! I'm hoping to do the yoga thing in India in the fall, providing I'm not pg then. Something to look forward to!

Thanks, Viet! A yoga retreat in India sounds amazing. My friend is there doing that now. The pictures I've seen have been incredible.

I'm feeling more optimistic today. I haven't bled all weekend. Just some brown spotting. I'll know more tomorrow when they test my levels again. No cramping either. I would think that if I were miscarrying I would be bleeding. Also on another thread a few girls said my levels weren't that abnormal. I really wish the midwife didn't call with such a grim outlook on Friday. It's really made for a horrible weekend. I have been feeling better though because the lack of bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->