Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Yikes, 68 days....I would be going nuts. I really hope you get back to a regular cycle. You're getting in your BDing, so that's a good thing!

Hoping all is well with Ginger. Haven't seen her in a few days.

I was working on an art piece that I sketched out on Friday. It pretty much took up the entire weekend, but now it's done so I have my life back. I never want to see Photoshop again. Just wanted to get it done quick while the video game was still in its newly-released stage. :wacko:

Sbmack, I'm glad your doctor was a little more positive. I hope your tests all come back normal, and that the bleeding was just an early pregnancy thing.

I know what you all mean about the women who announce it to the world as soon as they get that second line. My cousin's best friend on Facebook posted a pic of her FRER that baaaarely had a second line. Her boyfriend hadn't even been told yet, so he found out on Facebook. TRASHY. :dohh: Another cousin also announced as soon as she found out, and then had to explain to 300+ people (she goes to a large church) that she'd had a m/c at 9 wks. She has a 2yo little boy now.

I just think I'll keep it to myself and DH until I get my 10-12 wk ultrasounds.

Yikes, 68 days....I would be going nuts. I really hope you get back to a regular cycle. You're getting in your BDing, so that's a good thing!

Haha yeah. I learned my lesson with my last cycle. I never go more than two days without BDing anyway but last cycle with my multiple fake-o's I got nervous because I only bd'd twice on my fertile days and not on my "O day." So now it's every other day or more which trust me, DF does not mind lol.

The dr. called. My levels are up! I'm not in the clear, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Yay!!! So glad for you!

I think maybe I imagined the ovulation 2 weeks ago.... :( Definitely something going on, but I got a negative this morning, so I'm hoping AF shows up PDQ. Still having lots of hormonal moodiness. Meeting a new doc in the morning to see if we like him or if we need to keep looking. But this office has midwives & I'd really love to go that route if I can. In the meantime, going to try and just stay busy and not worry about it. Ha!

Off topic, but we were playing with a "morph your pictures together to see what your baby would look like" thing on another thread, and I thought it was pretty funny. It's MorphThing.com.

So here are my and DH's babies:
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/107a4bf217dcf6e5a4f2cc10f488f3e7/0/17496064/Baby-of-IMG-0853-jpg-and-b2-jpg.jpeg
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/ee92def56114ef70b4f042afe15e091c/0/17496097/Baby-of-b2-jpg-and-IMG-0853-jpg.jpeg
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/46c6b5d7aec7d30e0afe71786b237b1a/0/17495947/Baby-of-WP-000001-jpg-and-IMG-0853-jpg.jpeg
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/eada8bbcbd55fea6fc9eb15c8d90f989/0/17496030/Baby-of-IMG-0853-jpg-and-WP-000001-jpg.jpeg

Dying laughing at the second one. :rofl: None of them have black hair, though, which is probably what mine will have. I thought it was just because DH shaves his head, so it couldn't see his hair color, but I went on his FB and got a pic of him with his hair all braided funny and in his face (it was the only one that was big enough lol), but they still turned out with light hair.

Then for comedy purposes:

Seth Rogan and I have a Seth Rogan Jr:
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/fa47ce55f95f11b9f96ef6baef287b56/0/17496138/Baby-of-Seth-Rogen-and-IMG-0853-jpg.jpeg

Adam Levine and I have a little girl with a beard:
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/aced34e22fb054bb35d325bede344797/0/17496162/Baby-of-Adam-Levine-and-IMG-0853-jpg.jpeg

Hugh Laurie and I have an angry little boy:
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/978b390530122ec170b7b15ae4ae845f/0/17496173/Baby-of-Hugh-Laurie-and-IMG-0853-jpg.jpeg

Jesse Spencer and I make a beautiful boy:
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/5/01011c600c092af46606a24604249914/0/17496178/Baby-of-Jesse-Spencer-and-IMG-0853-jpg.jpeg
That grows into a very attractive man:
https://www.morphthing.com/showimage/2/d0b1291e756b6c8f8f825c0307f25596/0/65441509/Jesse-Spencer--IMG-0853-jpg.jpeg

:rofl:

Lol Ginger!

Picked an ob today. :)

Yay! Is it the one with the office that has midwives, like you wanted?

Ugh, another pregnancy announcement on Facebook this morning. This will be #4 for her (she has 3 boys, one set of twins), and all she keeps doing is complaining. Oh, she's so sick. Oh, this baby wasn't planned. Oh, she forgot to take her BC. Oh, it better not be twins again. Oh, her tummy feels so big, please don't be twins! (Seriously? You're like 5wks?) Oh, she's decided it's a girl. Oh, what do you think of this girly name [TAG ENTIRE FRIENDS LIST]? Oh, thank you Jesus for this miracle.

GRRRRR!!! No one knows I'm TTC, or I would post something nasty. :dohh:

Ginger, those pics are funny. I like the first one with you and Seth Rogan. So cute haha.

You should delete that girl. How annoying. I want to tell people, but I'm scared I'll miscarry. I had to lie to all my girlfriends at book club. I said I'm not drinking because I'm going without alcohol in Feb. because of my vacation coming up. They still thought something was fishy though and asked if I was pregnant when I left. I should've fake drank so no one would notice. I feel a little bad about what it says about me that people find it odd when I'm not drinking. I just shouldn't have told everyone we were trying.

Eh, if they already knew you were trying, you just could have said that you went ahead and gave it up so that it definitely wouldn't be in your system if you did get pregnant. Or, if they don't know you're not religious, you could have said you gave up alcohol for Lent.

I really am thinking about deleting her. She started posting all these pictures of her BFP and captioning them with "Please just be one baby!" and "I'm gonna name her blah blah blah." ... I hope it's boy triplets. :coffee:

Or, if they don't know you're not religious, you could have said you gave up alcohol for Lent.

hahahahaha they would laugh me out of the room. It's a great excuse though. With the exception of one girl in book club, I've been close friends with these girls for years and years and most of them know I'm agnostic. They at least know I am not religious in the slightest.

After my friend that does know flat out lied to everyone, another friend said how it's too early anyway and that I would keep it a secret for three months. They are probably on to me, but I think they won't keep asking anyway.

I have a wine dinner next week that I'm hosting for work and a lot of my friends are coming. I am definitely going to fake drink all night. I was going to tell some of them then, but I don't really want to yet. I'm hoping noone will notice that my husband keeps finishing all my wine.

LOL

Since I moved to Cincinnati and have been exposed to Catholicism, I find that Lent is a great excuse for anything. When I worked, we had a customer who ran a funeral home that was very creepy. He was probably in his 40's compared to our late teens/early 20's, and always would hit on us. He'd bring us food and candy (which we were afraid to eat, I mean come on, roofies), but his favorite thing to do was try to figure out what we ordered at Starbucks so he could buy us coffee. I kinda felt bad because I know he was lonely and was trying to be nice, but cheese and crackers man... He came on like a semi-truck. So finally one day I was like "Look, I can't have coffee. I gave it up for Lent. Sorry."

He stared at me for a moment... then grinned. "A Catholic girl, eh? A good little Catholic girl. Maaaaan, you are just the complete package. Catholic. Mmm." To which my response was, "Uh... Yes, sir." :angelnot:

:sick:

Lol Ginger!

Picked an ob today. :)

Yay! Is it the one with the office that has midwives, like you wanted?

Ugh, another pregnancy announcement on Facebook this morning. This will be #4 for her (she has 3 boys, one set of twins), and all she keeps doing is complaining. Oh, she's so sick. Oh, this baby wasn't planned. Oh, she forgot to take her BC. Oh, it better not be twins again. Oh, her tummy feels so big, please don't be twins! (Seriously? You're like 5wks?) Oh, she's decided it's a girl. Oh, what do you think of this girly name [TAG ENTIRE FRIENDS LIST]? Oh, thank you Jesus for this miracle.

GRRRRR!!! No one knows I'm TTC, or I would post something nasty. :dohh:

Yes, it is. I didn't meet either of them, but that's ok for now. Though.... We told him all the symptoms I've been having and that I kept getting negative tests even though it's been a week & a half since I started feeling crappy. And by yesterday morning, I had decided to believe the tests and move on (since, you know, you don't feel icky until implantation and it should only take a few days from that point to get the hormones high enough to detect).

And he said? "It took my wife a couple of weeks to get a positive even though she felt awful for that whole time." FFS.... So now, of course, we're hoping again. I kinda want to punch him for that. Lol.

How annoying! Take her off! BF's cousin was like that. Along with "My husband hates me and I just don't understand why and I'm so sad and I hate my house and blah blah blah." She's gone from mine, but we drove through Vegas to see his kids last weekend and she was whining on his page about how we never stop to see her and she's always so sad about it. :dohh:

Ewww, Ginger!

Sbmack... Talk with your doc, of course. But there are lots of studies that show a glass here and there WON'T actually cause any problems. It's the heavy binge drinking that's the issue. :) And it doesn't say anything about you! I'm still pondering what I will say when we go to my mom's. We tend to have one or two there to deal with them. Lol! I'll probably just tell them I have headaches for 3 months... My migraines get a lot worse with alcohol, so sometimes they make a great excuse.

He stared at me for a moment... then grinned. "A Catholic girl, eh? A good little Catholic girl. Maaaaan, you are just the complete package. Catholic. Mmm." To which my response was, "Uh... Yes, sir." :angelnot:

:sick:

Gross!!

Haha you girls are funny. Ginger that girl sounds horrid. One of my fb friends just had a fifth baby to stay on welfare... "God" forbid she actually work to support the ones she already had, the 3 year old having just gone into remission from cancer. My best friends know we're trying to conceive so they don't question me on the whole drinking thing and won't when I actually get pregnant although I doubt that I will hide it from them anyway. If I do miscarry then I will need their support anyway

And another girl on my FB is like 12wks pregnant (oops baby with her boyfriend of about 14wks), and has also apparently decided that she's having a girl, and keeps posting ultrasound pics and calling the baby by a girl's name.

Setting herself up for disappointment, if you ask me. But maybe I'm just bitter. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->