Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

SB! So happy to hear your ultrasound went well! I hope you enjoy your vacation!

The farthest south I've ever been was on a cruise to the Caribbean. We went to Antigua, Barbados, St. Thomas, and a couple of other islands I don't remember the names of (I was 10 years old). It was really interesting!

I like the collecting countries thing too. I just got a new passport and was sad to see all my old stamps go away. My dh isn't really a beach person either, but there's a lot to do where we are in Ecuador. We are into kite skiing and kite boarding so we're bringing the kites this year. The beach where we are is perfect for it. So much fun. We also did zip-lining last time. It was amazing and only $15 dollars. Everything is so cheap there and they use US currency. We did 6 ziplines in lush green hills overlooking the ocean. So amazing. My DH is afraid of heights though so he just took pictures and watched us.

I work for a distributor that represents wines from all over the world. We probably represent around 500 wines. We are small compared to the big guys. I cover the Seacoast of NH and sell to restaurants, liquor stores, grocery stores and independent wine shops. I am also sales manager for a German Import company for Mass and Rhode Island where I deal with the distributors. It's fun. I have gotten to go on many great trips because of it. Still haven't been out to California though.

I would LOVE to travel the world. My top three places I would like to visit are Ireland, Japan, and England.

Ireland and England to visit places my ancestors lived. There is actually a castle that belonged to my dad's mom's family waaay back in England. Back then they were called Redmayne. Now they're Allred. My red hair has apparently been a defining feature for generations. :rofl:

But the Redmayne castle still stands, even though it's dilapidated. I think an English historical society owns it now, and is renovating it.

I have no Japanese ancestry, I just think their language and culture are awesome. Japanese was my minor in college, and I still practice, even though I dropped out.

28 counties ha, I've never been out of Canada. The furthest I've been is Saskatchewan, ( I live in BC) when I was 7. I haven't even really travelled in my own province. My top 3 places would probably be Ireland (I'm Irish too, the Finnegan's), New York City (Big city girl) and Orlando (Harry Potter theme park, hell yes, oh and Disneyland lol)
Would also love to see Egypt, Australia, France, most of Europe actually and the one Asian country I've always wanted to visit.... Thailand

SB: great news! Keep us updated!

I travel quite a bit as well. I've lived abroad for the last 5 years, so we've managed to get a lot of trips in! I've pretty much covered Europe and Eastern Europe, and done a few amazing trips through South East Asia. I'm hoping to get to Japan, Burma, India and Nepal in the next two years. Hoping our idea of doing 4 months through Northern India and Nepal this fall works out! FX!

Also, got my test results back... EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL. They can't pin point my problem and I've had every test in the book. So we try again. I was offered early scans when I find out I'm pg next so we can see whats going on.

I should mention that I live in south east asia.... I have a blog! I'll give you the address, but no bnb or TTC related comments please!

Head (south) East

I travel quite a bit as well. I've lived abroad for the last 5 years, so we've managed to get a lot of trips in! I've pretty much covered Europe and Eastern Europe, and done a few amazing trips through South East Asia. I'm hoping to get to Japan, Burma, India and Nepal in the next two years. Hoping our idea of doing 4 months through Northern India and Nepal this fall works out! FX!

Also, got my test results back... EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL. They can't pin point my problem and I've had every test in the book. So we try again. I was offered early scans when I find out I'm pg next so we can see whats going on.

Ugh, that's not helpful. :nope: I guess the good news is nothing is wrong, so you've just been really, really unlucky. Seems like you get pregnant easily, and perhaps there's no reason the next one shouldn't stick!

:hugs:

And, travel, sigh. I started off my adulthood doing well with travel--Japan, Germany, Italy, the Czech Republic, lots of the Caribbean, Mexico, etc. Then I went to graduate school, and I've pretty much stayed put since. I've done a lot of backpacking in some amazing places--including Hawaii and "The Canadia"--but I haven't been off this continent in almost a decade. I did do this road trip:
https://goo.gl/maps/pXY7f
It was SO. COOL.

Ugh, that's not helpful. :nope: I guess the good news is nothing is wrong, so you've just been really, really unlucky. Seems like you get pregnant easily, and perhaps there's no reason the next one shouldn't stick!

:hugs:

Pbl, is right. The next one will stick!!! It has to. :hugs:

Good luck with the bd'ing Twiggers! Also, you're brave taking high schoolers through Amsterdam and Paris. I had a friend that led walking tours through Europe for high school kids. She is most excellent to travel with.

I would also love to visit Asia. I've only been to Europe (France, Spain, Germany and Austria) and a couple Carribean islands. I lived in Jamaica for a few months my senior year of college and we went on a vacation to Barbados a while back. I hope that I can convince my dh to travel with kids.

Sorry you didn't get any conclusive results on your tests, Viet. Hopefully your next bean is super sticky, and all the early monitoring helps! :hugs:

Twiggers, yay for smiley face! Get that BD on!

Barbados was beautiful when we went (in 1999). The ocean was crystal clear. We swam with sharks over the reef and had the BEST BBQ ribs I've ever had in my life. I still have some coins (Colones?).

I got a new passport in 2010. Just hoping I can use it! DH is doing work for a super large company (that you would all know, but I can't say), and they have offices in Europe, India, Brazil, and are based in Japan. It's not likely, but it is a possibility that we could get to visit some of these places. Except Brazil.

Being interested in the paranormal and places that have immensely powerful histories, I've always kinda wanted to do an investigation at night of Auschwitz or some of the other Holocaust concentration camps. If any place is going to have activity, I would think it would be those. But knowing what happened there, I would probably start crying. That happened to me on some Civil War battlefields in TN. :shrug:

Unrelated: Today is my birthday! I'm 24 now.

I know you are a professor. Just thought I read the trip was for high school students. That wouldn't really make sense though.

Happy Birthday, Ginger!! I hope you get to visit Brazil. My grandparents have taken my father there a few times way back when. He says its a great country.

Happy birthday, Ginger! Hope you get a special kind of gift soon! :dust:

Btw, Viet, did they do immunological tests, too? That's something that comes up a lot of the RMC folks. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->