Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

I know what you mean Twiggers, they kept doing that at my fiancé's grandpas funeral too. Oh he's in heaven now. Me, no, he's ashes now...

Welcome, Stucki! I've seen some other threads you're on, so I know a little bit of your story. You're welcome here. Can't speak for anyone else, but I think there is a fair number of atheists/agnostics who are a little jealous they can't get behind blind faith. I want to say "It's like finding bliss in ignorance," but that's not a very nice thing for me to say...

I can't believe someone said that to you! "Divinely sterilized"? I would have divinely karate chopped them in the neck. That's such a horrible thing to say, especially for someone whose religious motto is supposed to be "Do unto others as you would have done unto you."

Luckily, that's my irreligious motto too, except mine has something extra on the end like, "And remember: Turning the other cheek is for pusses who don't know how to karate chop necks. Let them throw the first stone, then make them eat it."

... Welcome! :angelnot:

I'm pretty sure we're all going to get along just fine. Thanks Gingerpanda.

Hi, and welcome Stuck! :hi: I'm grew up in TN, so I've some really appalling things, but that's a doozie! I hope you laughed in their face. That would have been my approach. Or maybe say, "I'm sorry your imaginary sky friend, Jesus, is such an asshole. Perhaps next time you could worship a god that isn't such a prick."

But that's just me.

Ginger, hope the witch shows up!!!! Or not. :winkwink:

Hi, and welcome Stuck! :hi: I'm grew up in TN, so I've some really appalling things, but that's a doozie! I hope you laughed in their face. That would have been my approach. Or maybe say, "I'm sorry your imaginary sky friend, Jesus, is suck an asshole. Perhaps next time you could worship a god that isn't such a prick."

But that's just me.

Ginger, hope the witch shows up!!!! Or not. :winkwink:

:rofl:

Maybe I can just be really stealthy, and she won't find me. Also, apparently I'm a stupid stupid-head who can't count. Either that, or I was counting from the wrong day. Today is actually CD30, not CD32. I'll still test if she doesn't get here by Saturday. The good news is that normally she's here when I wake up in the morning because she hates sheets, and she isn't here yet.

Hi, Stuck. Also can't believe someone said that. Oh, actually. Yes, I can. The things people say.... Sorry you had to deal with that, though.

Hugs, Viet. Sorry it's getting to you.

Lol Ginger... Mine hates sheets, too. I've even got really light sheets on to provoke her right now. It's not working!!!

Continuing no news here. Except that the withdrawal symptoms have died back down, so I can actually finish a beer again. Yay! For a few weeks, I couldn't finish a drink. They were making me nauseous. Trying to focus on other things while we wait.

Lol Pbl and ginger. You guys are hilarious. The only time I'm jealous of religious people is when it comes to someone dying. When my mil's father died they all started talking about heaven and how he's watching from above. When my dad dies, hopefully a very long time from now, he will just be gone.
Got crosshairs today! Hooray for a much shorter cycle! If I get the same lp it should be a 33
Day cycle. Or better yet, I won't have af and get a BFP instead.

You know what really makes me want to believe in Christian tenets? Antonin Scalia. Because I want DESPERATELY to believe that fucker will rot in hell for all eternity.

But alas.

There are other names, too, but he's the one with lifelong tenure. I've often thought that if I were diagnosed with a terminal illness I'd take him out. I would consider it a life well lived.

Welcome Stuck! Oh my god (we can use the Lord's name in vain since we don't believe right!) what an awful thing for someone to say!

Everyone is cracking me up! It would be great if I knew Scalia is going to hell.

Viet, glad you got your period and you can start trying again. I like your approach moving forward. Feeling at ease with the situation probably reduces stress and makes it easier to conceive.

Yay for crosshairs and shorter cycles, Baby!

Triggers, I've been meaning to read the bible for some years now. It is an interesting book with a lot of philosophical meaning if you look past some of its obvious shortcomings.

Ginger, I hope the witch stays away!

Pbl, love the line about the imaginary sky friend and Jesus being an asshole. Haha

I say "Oh my god" a lot... And then wonder why I'm using something I don't believe in to swear. I mean, what would people think if I started putting "Zeus" or something like that in there instead? Lol.

Lol. I sometimes say oh your god lol. He is def not my god

I say "oh my god" and "ermagerd" quite a bit. But I've been trying to phase into "oh my goodness" because I too have realized it's kinda... weird. Haha.

Just finished watching all of Pramface that's on Hulu. Gotta say, it was pretty hilarious and made me kinda broody. :haha:

I like to use the Vietnamese version of "oh my God" because it isn't religious and rolls of the tongue so well! Can't remember how to spell it in Vietnamese, but it it sounds like "Choy Oi!"

Also, the Turks have a pretty awesome one for exhaustion or surprise... "Uuph Ya!" I try to mix it up!

I am on CD33... My cycles are normally 30 days. Tested yesterday and got a BFN

I'm CD42 and no ovulation in sight. Thanks PCOS....It's finally starting to mess up my cycles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->