Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Thanks, ladies!

DH says he doesn't want to go to Brazil, because his company would make him take "what to do if you get abducted and held for ransom" training. Lol. I'm sure it would be beautiful, though. But I don't speak Portuguese, just a bit of Spanish. Pero me Español no es muy bien, porque dormi durante la clase en la escuela.

Twiggers, I'm jealous! That sounds so neat. What flavor of professor are you?

Thanks for the support ladies! Keeping positive that the next one will be it! PB- got EVERYTHING tested, immunization for like 15 things as well as some other major set of 10 tests but i can't remember what for. Along with some other random ones.

messed up the blog link... If you feel like knowing everything about me... https://gavandnell.blogspot.com/
Let me know what you think! I've been working hard on it for the last two years, but have been slacking lately! New pics of our trip to Thailand up!

Thanks for the support ladies! Keeping positive that the next one will be it! PB- got EVERYTHING tested, immunization for like 15 things as well as some other major set of 10 tests but i can't remember what for. Along with some other random ones.

messed up the blog link... If you feel like knowing everything about me... https://gavandnell.blogspot.com/
Let me know what you think! I've been working hard on it for the last two years, but have been slacking lately! New pics of our trip to Thailand up!

Just to clarify, Viet, I don't mean immunizations, I mean more autoimmune tests. I'm no expert here, but the RMC ladies talk about how this isn't something most docs test for. Some of them take supps that will have immunosuppressant qualities to prevent mcs. Does this sound familiar? You could ask on the rmc thread if not. I am not a reliable source about this.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/m...ent-miscarriage-thread-1616.html#post25653827

This is a corporate webpage, so take this with a grain of salt, but it's worth a read.
https://m.preventmiscarriage.com/Reproductive-Immunology/Causes-of-Miscarriage.aspx

Happy Belated birthday Ginger. Wasn't on yesterday other to check the March Madness Group (4BFPs in one day!). I have been helping my DF with the house we're building to move into in the mornings and working from 4 until 11:30 or 12:30 depending on the night. Wish I could say I've only been to Europe and some of the Carribians (can't spell today)

Babyrogers, you're still young aren't you? I didn't go out of the country (besides visiting family in Canada) until I was 25 and it was for work.

Yeah I'm 20. Hopefully I will get to travel with my kids and husband one day

Hey! Sorry, I'm really bad at remembering things.... one panel of tests were for autoimmunity and the other was for immunization and still another for something else. They tested for EVERYTHING. With no outpatient insurance, it sure set us back! Everything was totally normal. I Also have had many pelvic and internal exams to verify that my womb is healthy and not heart shaped. No need for that dye injecting one or husbands sperm analysis because I'm getting pg easily, that's not the problem.

They said the next step would be genetic testing for my husband and I to see if we have bad genes we are passing on. I know my husband has something that lead him to not be able to give sperm in college, but was told it wasn't a big deal and most Italians have it, but it just stays dormant. I want to look into what that could be to rule that out as a problem.

Its weird because We're making our summer plans and talking about our plans for next year, but this time not even thinking about the possibility that I'll be pregnant. Even though we both know that i will most likely get pregnant at least once in the next 6 months.... part of moving forward with ttc is to just NOT THINK ABOUT IT. I need to stop looking at the dates and planning my life around something that just might not happen. In the last year, I feel like every idea we have or discussion has ended with, "well, we might be pregnant, so that wouldn't work out." It's actually stopped us from doing things and making plans! No more of that!!!

On a side note, I've been burnt to a crisp on my back and shoulders! Was out in the sun at an art festival yesterday and am paying for it this morning! Ouch!!!

Viet, glad your docs were so thorough! Your ttc attitude sounds great. It's definitely true--lots of people postpone living while ttc, and then years go by while nothing happens. :nope:

Hope the festival was worth the burn!

:hugs:

Oooh, sunburn sucks. You have my sympathies.

The worst is when it gets so bad, you blister and your skin sloughs off. Not peels, sloughs and bleeds. The sun is evil. :nope:

Glad you've decided to party on and do things. I'm getting ready to start planning a trip to Europe because of our conversations here, and present it to DH. Traveling ladies are an inspiration! :thumbup:

Hello! It's been a while since I've posted, and we haven't been ttc for various reasons. I'm back in the game and thought I'd stop by. Hope everyone is doing well!

Vietmamsie, I'm not jealous of the sunburn, but I'd love to see some sunshine and feel the warmth! Looks like we have some sunshine later in the week, thankfully!

Don't know if I posted about this before, but my close friend and two sisters were pregnant at the same time and it was torturous! I'm really close with one of my sisters and let me just say I am in LOVE with my nephew! I'm not close with the other but I still was exposed to her pregnancy via facebook of course. I know that sounds horrible, but I didn't meet her until I was 20, and she feels more like a family friend than a sister. I think I'm cured of the bitterness I used to feel towards pregnant women and new moms!

I don't think I have ever been so happy to see my period as I was yesterday! Big smiles all around despite this one coming with a horrible back ache and lots of tears. We're officially trying again!

However, not with so much gusto as before. Miscarriages really take the wind out of your sails. At think point I'm not really sure I care either way about having a baby. It's not as life or death like it was before. Maybe I'm just mentally preparing myself for the worst...

Glad you're trying again, Viet! I hope you feel better as time goes on. :hugs:

AFM: AF is kinda missing in action. My cycles are normally 30 days, sometimes 31 or 32, and she usually shows up super early in the morning while I'm still sleeping. Today is CD31, and it's 7:50PM... No sign of her yet. I'll wait til Saturday, and test that morning if she's not here yet. We weren't really trying this cycle, but we did BD a lot.

Hey other like minded ladies! :hi:

Wondering if I can join, I'm quite fed up with the whole "it's god's will" conversation that has plagued me since my DH and I started TTC.

I don't know what I categorize myself as, I was a pretty adamant atheist for a long time, tried to bring myself back round to Jesus [because I am somewhat jealous of people that can blindly follow a religion and put all of their faith in something with no scientific grounding...they are so sure about heaven and god's will, I admit, I wanted to find that for myself] but my short foray into finding religion didn't last very long....I just can't do it.

I grew up Methodist, the whole party hard, repent at the end religion. I don't have anything against religion or people that believe, it's just not for me.

Just hoping to chat, about something other than god and how he seems to have divinely sterilized me because he knows I'll be a bad parent [Yep, someone said that to me] Classy, right?

:hi: stuckinoki. Welcome. Wow, I can't believe someone actually said that.
Viet, welcome back, I'm sorry the multiple losses are taking their toll

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->