Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Hope everyone is doing well!

Just went to lunch, and I suddenly got nauseous as we parked. But I felt fine after we got out of the car. Probably nothing, but being 3 days late makes me wonder.

Still waiting here too but I would much rather wait to test then wait to ovulate.
I'm sorry,
Stuckinoki, I know how much long cycles suck.
Ginger, I hope you get a BFP soon, so you know how many dpo you are?

Don't know exactly how many DPO I am. We weren't really trying this month, so I didn't use OPKs or anything.

Don't know exactly how many DPO I am. We weren't really trying this month, so I didn't use OPKs or anything.

Same here! We just had some awesome BDing last week because DH was flying nights....he's so much easier to coerce into sex when he's working at night! Hopefully I O'd then...

When are you going to test?

Same here! We just had some awesome BDing last week because DH was flying nights....he's so much easier to coerce into sex when he's working at night! Hopefully I O'd then...

When are you going to test?

The thought of having to coerce my husband into sex is alien to me. :rofl:

I hope you did O then!

I tested yesterday morning and got a BFN on a FRER. And now I'm out of tests! We went to Kroger earlier, but they keep all their tests locked in plastic alarm boxes, and he's too embarrassed to ask the cashier to unlock them, so he said I should go alone later in the week to get them. Men.

Haha ginger. My DF needs no coercing either. He would do it every night if I could handle it lol

Meh, We're on cycle 42/43 of ttc....timed sex will eventually lose it's luster for everyone I suppose. lol

We don't really time sex. The longest we've gone without sex since we got married 4.5 years ago was 3 weeks. And that was just because DH's company had to send him to Germany to work. Other than that, it's at LEAST every two nights, but usually every night. All we did when TTC was remove the condoms. :blush: Not working out for us so far.

Kinda curious what to expect at my fertility consult with my OB/GYN on the 20th. I'm not going to be able to bring DH, so no SA. He'll probably just ask me a bunch of questions.

Haha Ginger same with me, the longest we've gone was 9 days and that was when I was 17 and we were still doing it in the truck :blush: other than that he must have it every other day, except when we were dealing with my depression but even then it was still every three days lol.
He will probably just ask question but idk either. I went to a gynaecologist once to find out the source of pain during bd....it was the stupid BCPs of course :doh: but at that point I had just gone off them so he said it would get better after I had been off them a couple months and he was right. Good luck

Yuck. Feeling extremely bloated and like I'm going to puke everywhere. :sick:

stuckinoki: Sorry to hear this is taking longer than expected. I'm sending positive energy your way. Hoping this year is your year. And I know what you mean about timed sex... We were over it by Cycle 4!

GingerPanda: Are you temping yet? It would give you and your doctor a much better picture of whats going on in your body. When I had my first fertility appointment I got an ultrasound to check for a misshapen womb, a pelvic exam, a panel of bloods taken and a talk about what to do... temping and opk, eventual course of treatment like medicines we could look into and so on. Over all rather uneventful.

As for me, my period as stopped and we're on CD7. I'm going on a trip this weekend to Hanoi. I know we can try to catch this eggy when I get back but I'm sort of temped to skip this cycle. I don't know, maybe I'm just scared of getting pregnant again?

GingerPanda: Are you temping yet? It would give you and your doctor a much better picture of whats going on in your body. When I had my first fertility appointment I got an ultrasound to check for a misshapen womb, a pelvic exam, a panel of bloods taken and a talk about what to do... temping and opk, eventual course of treatment like medicines we could look into and so on. Over all rather uneventful.

Not temping yet. The only BBT thermometer I could find was the Walgreens one, which has horrible reviews. I know I need to order one, but we've been NTNP for a little while. I don't know how my doctor feels about temping. I tried to ask him about that, and about OPKs, and he said OPKs were a waste of money, and wouldn't even talk about it. :shrug:

Maybe time for a new doc? The one we found mentioned that at the "getting to know you" consult first thing.

Sounds like a new doctor might be in order for you. As I was heading in after my second MC, my doctor wanted to know what we were doing and if we were timing our BD. He was very supportive of temping , fertility charting and also of my acupuncture treatments I was doing weekly at the time. He found it curious because I have PCOS, yet seem to get pregnant easily, therefore wanted to know all the details.

I will mention that all doctors have different opinions. My Korean acupuncturist wanted us to hold off on BD until our fertile window and then have sex like crazy for three days, while my French OB wanted us to DTD every other day then everyday during our fertile window.

Maybe. The only thing is that this doctor and practice has been rated by patients as being the best in the area. All the others have terrible reviews. I'm thinking that he just didn't want me to worry with all that until I'd been trying longer.

The birthing center that I want to deliver at is not affiliated with him, though, because it's 40 minutes away. So I probably will start seeing a new doctor there after I get pregnant.

Ginger, I am going to an RE right now that is supposed to be the best in the state, and have excellent reviews, I'm not happy with him.

I don't think you should read too much into the reviews, unless they are malpractice complaints!

Very true. Recommendations can help, but it's more important that the doc works for you. And if you're switching later, why not just find one who goes to that birthing center now?

All hell has broken loose over here. We found out over the weekend that we need to move by the end of April. We were hoping to get out of this state entirely, which means BF needs to find a new job by then. If he doesn't, we're going to most likely get stuck in a lease and have to be here for another year. (Anyone ever try to find a pet friendly short term lease? HA!) And BF's dad died yesterday. He's the next of kin, so he's in charge of everything and that means at least 2 trips to Arizona in the next couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->