Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

That's fantastic, bubbles! Hope the bding was worth the wait! :winkwink:

I'm trying not to get too optimistic about my triphasic-seeming chart right now. We're headed into the mountains for three nights, and I'm totally on tenterhooks to see if AF shows up. I brought whiskey just in case I need the consolation.

Feels like I should be praying to something or someone. Ha!!!! :haha:

wow pbl - that is a beaut of a chart! and longer/healthier LP than your last cycle, eh!

Well, the chart that shows up below this month's is wrong-that's when I thought spotting = first day of AF. I do still spot, so I am worried about an LPD. :( we'll see.

LOL, I feel the same way this cycle! I am like programmed in my subconscious to think "Please God, let this cycle be the one... er, I mean, To Whom It May Concern... er, Indifferent, Cold, Heartless World, let this be the one!"

LOL, I feel the same way this cycle! I am like programmed in my subconscious to think "Please God, let this cycle be the one... er, I mean, To Whom It May Concern... er, Indifferent, Cold, Heartless World, let this be the one!"

To whom it may concern, ha ha I love it :haha:

Hi

How about Happy Humanists?

I like to be positive about the human experience of life, and ceremonies, it isn't just about not having any god worries. :)

I love Bubbles82's line - yes it is you who makes the baby, not any invented gods!

PS Sorry I think I was replying to the first posts, just seen that this thread has become more complex.

Please have fun together, I am sure that the baby will come after that.

It's hard to break old habits! I occasionally find myself saying "Thank God" when I hear good news and "God bless you" when someone sneezes. I think they were always empty sayings (for me), but I feel a little silly now when I say it.

I say omg all the time and bless you, but it's just habit like you say and you pick it up from tv. I am from the uk, but say all the phrases from US sitcoms like Friends, Big Bang Theory etc... most recent is "holy crap on a cracker" Penny from Big Bang. ha ha. xxx

AF arrived today too, but had already tested so wasn't a shock. The words; "God damn it", were used ;-)

Hi all! Just found this thread today. Hubby and I have been TTC for 2 years.
My current dilemma: This cycle is currently 13 days late, but I'm still getting a BFN. Pretty sure AF will be here any minute, but I can't help being a little excited about AF being late.

Lynton81, I'm a fellow POAS addict. I'd love to be able to monitor all applicable hormones, but HCG and LH are all I can get at home. Oh well.

I live in a part of the US often called the "Bible Belt" so it's very refreshing to find you ladies!:hi:

I was 11 days late when I got my first faint BFP, I hope for you that you get your BFP soon. Fingers crossed :dust:

It's hard to break old habits! I occasionally find myself saying "Thank God" when I hear good news and "God bless you" when someone sneezes. I think they were always empty sayings (for me), but I feel a little silly now when I say it.

Yea. I can barely say "god bless you" when someone sneezes today... Kind of awkward, as people expect a blessing or something, and I don´t know what to day anymore.

I just say bless you rather than god bless you...which I still don't like but as you say it's expected! I still say OMG but try to say Oh My Goodness rather than Oh My God. Sounds better in my head :p

I just say bless you rather than god bless you...which I still don't like but as you say it's expected! I still say OMG but try to say Oh My Goodness rather than Oh My God. Sounds better in my head :p

Hehe. Yea.
Someone once told me "May Stalin Give you Strength" when I sneezed, but I really don´t think that a lot of people would consider that appropriate ;)

Yea. I can barely say "god bless you" when someone sneezes today... Kind of awkward, as people expect a blessing or something, and I don´t know what to day anymore.

My old boss used to say, "congratulations"...:haha:

Hehe. Yea.
Someone once told me "May Stalin Give you Strength" when I sneezed, but I really don´t think that a lot of people would consider that appropriate ;)

Um, wow. That's hilarious, but probably not okay in most circles. My hubby wants to say, "May Allah bless you" to obvious Christians, but I don't think he's worked up the nerve yet.

In other news, the non-gods did not smile upon my uterus this month. Not unexpected, but still a bummer.

On to the next round!

Hahaha, thank you...you all just put a smile on my face with those comments!

Sorry your onto the next cycle pbl_ge :(

haha, Lynton! Thanks to Sheldon we also have Bazinga! I think your response to AF was appropriate.

preg_pilot, even though this month isn't the one, it's good to know that I may not get a BFP right away. I got a call today and it was negative. Blah!

My doc started to prescribe me thyroid medicine yesterday but I told him I wanted to think about it for a while. Everything I read says I need to go ahead and take it. This is a real bummer because I do not like to take medicine. Now it looks like I may be dependent on a synthetic hormone for the rest of my life. EEK! On the bright side, he said it may help me conceive. Anyone else have experience with hypothyroidism?

haha, Lynton! Thanks to Sheldon we also have Bazinga! I think your response to AF was appropriate.

preg_pilot, even though this month isn't the one, it's good to know that I may not get a BFP right away. I got a call today and it was negative. Blah!

My doc started to prescribe me thyroid medicine yesterday but I told him I wanted to think about it for a while. Everything I read says I need to go ahead and take it. This is a real bummer because I do not like to take medicine. Now it looks like I may be dependent on a synthetic hormone for the rest of my life. EEK! On the bright side, he said it may help me conceive. Anyone else have experience with hypothyroidism?

I don´t have any experience with it myself, but I´ve heard from ladies on here, that as soon as they got their thyroid under control, they got preggers pretty quick.

Hehe. Yea.

Um, wow. That's hilarious, but probably not okay in most circles. My hubby wants to say, "May Allah bless you" to obvious Christians, but I don't think he's worked up the nerve yet.

In other news, the non-gods did not smile upon my uterus this month. Not unexpected, but still a bummer.

On to the next round!

Sorry to hear the witch got you, fingers crossed for this time round!

I'm 5DPO now, with various most likely imagined symptoms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->