Supporting each other until we all have our babies :) 2 wonderful babies born! !

As for AI, It's basically the same as ttc the 'natural' way - except with a syringe and a pot. Would hubby be okay with the donor route? It'd be a shame if you had to split up just for one reason if there are many other reasons to stay together. The stress of this is definitely going to have a negative impact on ttc as it is hun. See how the consultation goes....

The ai method for me: donor produces sample in a pot and leaves. Darla sucks spermies up with a 5 or 10ml syringe while I *cough cough* 'get ready' tmi alert but I orgasm then she inserts syringe and slowly pushes out the contents. I lay with syringe in and bum raised. Remove syringe after 10-15 mins and stay with bum raised for another 15-20 mins. Have a pee (to minimise chances of urine infection) and then carry on as normal.

There are different methods, we use conceive plus (I put 2mls in just before donor goes to do his thing). Some women use soft/moon cups to keep spermies in. Some don't orgasm and some don't lie with number raised.

Sorry if I've grossed anyone out!!! lol. I will also add that this method worked second time with isaac but still ttc and just finishing the 7th cycle. It can take a lot longer than that and it can work first time x

Interesting read! Can I ask why you orgasm before you get the sperm rather than after its put in? Just being curious as I thought the orgasm theory was that it sucked the spermies up?!

Shazney- your going through such a hard time and I'm sorry. I hope consultation gives you hope though - at least you know there are other options and your Doing the right thing getting clued up on it all!

I tried soft cups for about 6 months and they never helped us but others swear by them!

I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish hun. This whole thing sucks.
In this situation you need to worry about only yourself and DH. What do you guys want?
I know I would go down the dinor route, but maybe my feelings are different in that as Amy and I have to use a donor anyway. As Carly said above, AI is very simple and effective. I know tonnes of (mostly lesbian) families who have been created through AI.
We do much the same as Carly but mostly don't bother with an orgasm and don't use concieve plus. Although this cycle we tried balance Activ fertility gel... Which is COLD if nothing else! I also use a softcup, but that's not for fertility reasons. That's just because semen is gross!

I hope you get it figured out hun. I hope the consultation gives some answers.

As an asides there are plenty of facebook groups dedicated to finding a sperm donor in your area. A donor should only be charging travel expenses (charging for sperm outside of a clinic is illegal) and mostly don't want contact with the child after success. There's a lot of helpful, lovely guys out there, but also a lot of weirdos too, so if you do choose to go down an informal donor route be sure to follow your gut.

Carly- Thanks for sharing so openly. And I'm not sure much can gross us out!

Shazney - I hope the consultation yields some answers for you guys. I would definately get DH to produce another sample to be analyzed. If there are even a few swimmers in there then maybe IVF could be in your future. I know it can be pricey, but all it takes is one sperm! Donation would probably be the cheapest route (not sure exactly how it works though). If you go this route you need to be sure you OH is 100% on board. Also, hate to say this but you two need to be sure you are meant for eachother. Is it just the TTC issues you are dealing with right now or are you guys having other issues? I only ask because my 2nd child was a "maybe a baby will fix our marriage" baby and I ended up as a single parent when she was 5 months old. Feel free to put me in my place....I have no idea how things are with your relationship...just something that came to myind when I read your post.

You are more then welcome to message me if you would like.... [email protected] or look me up on Facebook Tasha Mae Lappage.

Thinking of you :hugs:

Interesting read! Can I ask why you orgasm before you get the sperm rather than after its put in? Just being curious as I thought the orgasm theory was that it sucked the spermies

Sorry hun I just have clarified....I'd still be orgasming while she inserts syringe....guess we just like the syringe to push past any other fluids than cm lol....:blush: It's not a proven theory or anything but still use the sucking motions if you know what I mean?! Haha

So wonderful to see ladies pulling together to support each other :)

Shazney no matter how your feeling or what your thinking of we are all here for you to vent or ask questions as you Obv have a wealth of knowledge here !

Great stuff ladies - glad I decided to start this thread all those months ago !

I can't find my ttc account url :/ But I'm sure I'll be the only 'carly readyfor ababy' :D Add me at will xx

Hi ladies thanks for the support it means a lot. Tmb the only other issue I would say we have is the financial strain and none of us working. My OH has always worked and has been out of work for a while now so Im hoping something comes up, but mainly the ttc issue as this has put a big strain on our relationship, of course we love one another but this decision I am choosing to make is feeling like the biggest decision I will ever make in my life and obviously there are a lot of options. xx

Aw, Shaz :hugs: I am sorry youre going through so much. As Emma said, we are all here for you. You are rightfully taking your time to weigh all the options.

Laura I was gutted to hear of Gizmo. Hugs and love to you and Amy :hugs:

I hope everyone else is doing fine. I am already FB friends with Laura. I am on facebook as Aditi Rajput (facebook.com/aditi1804).

I had a scan today and my bleed is absorbed and all is well with the baby. I am glad I could take 2 weeks off work to rest. I am sorry Ive been away as a result but you ladies are always in my thoughts :)

Hi,

How is everyone? What has everyone been doing? Anything different in their cycles? How are the pregnancies going?

Thanks for the support ladies.

I do need to be more positive thats clear just need to try and practice. I am current in panic mode with christmas coming up and have so much stuff to do/buy etc and thats not even christmas presents. I am looking forward to january sales though :).

I am on day 28 of my cycle, no sign of AF but my longest cycle last month was 29 and was 30 in January so maybe I am going to have a 29/30 cycle hopefully my body decides to stick to a consistent cycle. Does anyone have a consistent cycle?

I have also been meditating and cutting stresses away that I can and trying to watch what I eat, but I feel I need to slow down and get some rest etc, I feel its just I need to get a balance with me. Is anyone else busy with christmas coming up?

Hi ladies- Shazney you are an intelligent lady and you are right - you need to put yourself first and get yourself balanced - best place to start.

Is your appointment for dp coming up soon?

I am well thanks - just taking each day as it comes! Xx

Hi ladies- Shazney you are an intelligent lady and you are right - you need to put yourself first and get yourself balanced - best place to start.

Is your appointment for dp coming up soon?

I am well thanks - just taking each day as it comes! Xx

Yeah his appt is on 4th of dec, to be honest we are both worrying about it and at one another's throats cause of the worry. I'm feeling rotten cause AF has came on and I'm in that much of an upset and stress I'm rarely enjoying anything just feel like I'm in a bad place in my life. Just so much to think about.

I'm glad your well. Xx

Sorry Shazney xxx
Hope the appt goes ok.

Not a good few days for me. We had to have my lovely Gizmo dog put down. The vet thinks he had some kind of brain tumour or epilepsy as he was having fits of sever aggression. He's at peace now. I miss him terribly and so does my other dog, but we're going to look at a puppy tomorrow night so maybe that will help fill the gap a little. Won't replace him, but misty is so lonely on her own

Sorry Shazney xxx
Hope the appt goes ok.

Not a good few days for me. We had to have my lovely Gizmo dog put down. The vet thinks he had some kind of brain tumour or epilepsy as he was having fits of sever aggression. He's at peace now. I miss him terribly and so does my other dog, but we're going to look at a puppy tomorrow night so maybe that will help fill the gap a little. Won't replace him, but misty is so lonely on her own

Thanks mrs. Will let u know what happens.
That's a shame about ur dog. Hope you feel better soon.
That's true at least he is at peace now. Xx

My hubby took wellman vitamins with the others too :thumbup: I personally think they are the best I got them in boots for 10.99 but know you can get them on eBay for 8 quid.

I got 9highs so far on my monitor with no peak first month using it but my temps confirmed ovulation with pains and opk did too :shrug: I'm 6dpo.

Shaz I'm so sorry can i ask why you both feel like you want to split up? Don't give up Hun I would get tests but carry on with maybe no pressure as hard as it is. My son took me 16 months my daughter took 17 months and a loss and then an additional 8 months after my miscarriage. Erin was first month ntnp. With my son we had all tests done and then were told,cow my hubby's son lives with us that we couldn't have ivf paid for we would have to save for it ourselves. Went home no protection carried on having sex but ntnp and was pregnant 2 weeks after the appointment xxx

My hubby took wellman vitamins with the others too :thumbup: I personally think they are the best I got them in boots for 10.99 but know you can get them on eBay for 8 quid.

I got 9highs so far on my monitor with no peak first month using it but my temps confirmed ovulation with pains and opk did too :shrug: I'm 6dpo.

Shaz I'm so sorry can i ask why you both feel like you want to split up? Don't give up Hun I would get tests but carry on with maybe no pressure as hard as it is. My son took me 16 months my daughter took 17 months and a loss and then an additional 8 months after my miscarriage. Erin was first month ntnp. With my son we had all tests done and then were told,cow my hubby's son lives with us that we couldn't have ivf paid for we would have to save for it ourselves. Went home no protection carried on having sex but ntnp and was pregnant 2 weeks after the appointment xxx

Just the whole pressure of this its not great for us we are either arguing or crying we havent got the energy anymore, we both rather be in a happier place and this clearly isnt it. what did your tests say? obviously with OH's condition its a bit hard to get pregnant naturally unless a miracle happens as his test showed no sperm at all. I think will get him to try them vitamins see what doctor says first, if they are of any benefit. think we are more now leaning to donor sperm anyways as its gonna become costly

u better get BDing lol lucky u am on AF how fun xx

Wanting - Glad you confirmed O :) How was the BD schedule? Get a few good chances in there?

Shazney - Hoping the doctor can give some advice. Glad to hear that donation appears to be an option :)

Laura - Sorry to about Gizmo...He is in a peaceful place now. Hope a new puppy helps Misty with the loss, and you and Amy as well. How are you feeling this cycle? Have you tested or are you just riding it out?

Carly - Where are you at cycle wise? I'll have to look at your chart. Hope you are well :)

Glad to read our prego's are doing well!

I'm doing good....just busy prepping for the holidays and my sons hockey. I've been reading along though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->