Sure start maternity grant?

Unless you are claiming benefits pre birth I think the best thing to do would be claim after. As my partner and I will have low income I think we get higher rate of working tax credits. You can claim this after the baby is born and then the maternity grant after. I don't mean to sound like a scrounger but I pay my taxes and I for one cannot live off of SMP alone. That £500 would go a long way!

Oh well if she can get the extra for 3 babies then that is good. I thought though that the rules had changed recently to only pay for the eldest child though. It doesn't change things for someone who has a singleton baby and then their second pregnancy is twins/triplets as they won't have enough stuff in the house and will still have to fork out for the triple buggy and extra cots and car seats.

i wasnt aware it was per baby !! I thought it was just for the first child that you had - didnt think it would have changed anything being triplets!although yes it will help.

Im in receipt of Income related Employment support allowance because im unable to work. I have ME but its a long story lol.

its great though that those that can get the help go ahead and get it !! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->