Surge or not? Thoughts?

Scorpio3c

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first post in here. I have a 16 month old son and my husband and I are trying to conceive a little brother or sister for him :)

We had a miscarriage in January, at our 12 week ultrasound we discovered that there was no baby, it was a blighted ovum. We were devastated.

I've been using ovulation test strips for the past couple of cycles since the m/c and this is the first time I've seen what looks to me like a surge but the test line never got quite as dark/darker than the control line.

I'm wondering if I just have a quick surge and it may have happened the night of April 11th after I tested but before I tested again the morning of the 12th?
It remained darker than every other test strip for a a full day before it lightened up to practically nothing again and I had egg white cm the following day on the 14th (yesterday).

Does it look like I ovulated? We BD'd (is that the term? haha) in the morning and evening of the 12th and then again in the morning of the 14th but my husband is feeling the pressure of this now and he's too exhausted to want to "BD" anymore...

I'm really hoping that by finally talking about this, even if it is in an online forum, that we have some positive baby energy headed our way and this time we'll have another one on the way!

Attachments

• CAM01917.jpg
    CAM01917.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 10
  • CAM01919.jpg
    CAM01919.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 10
I'd say so, do you temp? That's the sure fire way to know. I'm in the same situation, opk earlier today was def beg, but did one hf an hour ago and it's almost as dark as the control line but not quite. I'm thinking I will test again in the morning to see if it's darker or not, the. Decide whether to count tonight as positive or not. Good luck xx

I was temping! This was just my first time seeing a surge on these opks My temp stayed raised and guess what?! Ta-da! HCG test 12 days post ovulation (predicted ovulation anyway) :) Going to hold off on getting too excited until maybe a week from now, I still don't want to get my hopes up...

Attachments

• CAM01953.jpg
    CAM01953.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh