Swaddling advice Please ???????

So this swaddling,
is it only for when they are about to go to sleep?!

Actually you raise a good point. I am not sure. I think it is just for sleeping. I would like to know this myself. I'm sure others will know.

i was the 1st thing i was taught at the hospital, and worked wonders, after my section i couldn't really lift her properly, but when she was swaddled (by the nurses) i could just grab the front of the blanket and lift her on to my tummy.

it also helped me with dream feeding, as they were so secure, she didn't take on as much air and burbing could be done without waking, she slept through the night at 5 weeks.

they say it is the action of forcing them to drop their shoulders that relaxes them, and
with my 3 year old, i would still rub her shoulders downward when she is kicking off and it helps stop a tantrum forming and she is starting to calm down.

only advice would be to lay of hats, i see so many people especially on the us birthing programmes who swaddle a baby and then put a hat on it too.

I swaddled when ever I was laying my son in his Moses basket to be fair all they do for the first few weeks is sleep eat and poop so I'd feed and change then swaddle him bk up and lay him back down x

i swaddled both my sons and will this baby too my kids are quite active in their sleep and do wake themselves up when not swaddled i even swaddled them through the summer DH kept our room at 18c so they needed vest, sleepsuit, swaddle and at least one blanket on anyway

i swaddled them in the pram if we were going out for a walk or at naptime/bedtime

i swaddled them in the pram if we were going out for a walk or at naptime/bedtime

Did you still use a blanket when going out if they were swaddled ??? I know it sounds a stupid question lol

Yea it just depends how cold it is Hun, when ur baby gets here u will no what's for the best xx

Yea it just depends how cold it is Hun, when ur baby gets here u will no what's for the best xx

Quoting for truth - trust your instincts and common sense! You'll be able to tell if baby is too cold or too hot. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->