Swaddling..

Ha ha, yes, that video explains it much better than I did... that's how I used to wrap her, forgot to say about the middle bit and the arm bit, sorry.

Ha ha, yes, that video explains it much better than I did... that's how I used to wrap her, forgot to say about the middle bit and the arm bit, sorry.
Thats alright.. i forgive you!!

lol, planning to swaddle their baby...sounds bloody awful!!!

Nicola xx

my son is 2 weeks tomorrow and i have been swaddling him since birth, leaving is head free. i have swaddling blankets and just normal blankets and honestly they both work the same to me. aidan loves being swaddled but since he was about 5 days hes able to free himself from it and has also started pulling the blankets above his head which is a worry xx

I only ever swaddled my youngest, the older 2 didnt like it, but my youngest didnt like going to sleep unless he was swaddled.....

Babies love to be swaddled. The hospital automatically swaddles them after birth. I always swadle my babies with regular blankets, works just fine. And once they are big enough they can move around enough to unswaddle themselves.

with my last baby i had a grobag swaddling (check out bumpto3.com) and then used a baby sleeping bag after a couple of months.

Thanks maybebaby, I LOVE bump to 3, could spend far too much money there. Was curious about the swaddling as want to have little one in a moses basket and wasn't sure if a grobag was right straight away.:hugs:

I thought swaddling was a risk factor for cot death and not recommended?

https://nejm.highwire.org/cgi/content/abstract/329/6/377

I think it's actually recommended to prevent sids and help colic etc, can't remember wher I read that sorry, but I think there was info on a few websites that sell swaddles. Basically bubs won't over heat as they're generally thin cotton or muslin.

I think the SIDS link pertains to unsafe swaddling, as I do believe I've heard about that now that I think of it, in terms of bundling too tightly and overheating. But safe swaddling is recommended (for the babies that like it). I think it's just important not to go overboard on wrapping them up, particularly in a warm room and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->