sweeps

my midwife will give me one wednesday when im a week over she said they dont do them before a week over with second baby.
with ds i got one at 39+6 one at 40+3 and one at 40+8

Having mine a week Monday, so I think that works out at 39+4. I'm having a session of reflexology next Friday and trying everything else in between! Are you booked in for yours yet? Xx

Having mine a week Monday, so I think that works out at 39+4. I'm having a session of reflexology next Friday and trying everything else in between! Are you booked in for yours yet? Xx

Well this is my second but I was induced at 40 last time for medical reasons. I am seeing mw at 40+2 and she is doing a sweep and will ref me to consultant as I'm vbac so being induced/repeat section discussion required. I'm just wondering whether to ask for an earlier one end of next week so I get two before I see consultant. I'm 39 weekday tomorrow.

had one at 39+1 and 40+1.. still waiting on baby at 40+2... Im trying everything!!!! spicy food, bouncing on my ball, sex, walking, pineapple.. my doctor told me a sweep won't actually put you into labor just encourages to not have to be induced

39weeks due to hubbys job being a pain about it paternity.

I have mine scheduled on Tuesday at 38w6d (my original due date!) :)

Mine is next friday when i will be 39+4, this is my 4th baby and ive never had one done before

This is my 2nd baby. I'm hoping for a VBAC. I'm having one at 39 weeks, 40 weeks and 41 weeks.
I'm allowed to have one a week early as they don't really want me going past my due date due to previous csection

This is my 2nd baby. I'm hoping for a VBAC. I'm having one at 39 weeks, 40 weeks and 41 weeks.
I'm allowed to have one a week early as they don't really want me going past my due date due to previous csection

I wonder if thats why ive been offered one when i see the consultant next week, i origionally was booked in for the sweep at 40+4 but the registrar told me to bring it forward a week for when im 39+4, im a vbac too as i had an emergency c-section with my 3rd

Dumb question: Can someone tell me what a sweep is? ?

The Dr or midwife puts their finger in your cervix and separates the membranes (water sack) from the wall of your uterus.

My ob offered one at 38+6 but I was only a fingertip, not even a centimeter dilated so she couldn't get in there to do it.

I wonder if thats why ive been offered one when i see the consultant next week, i origionally was booked in for the sweep at 40+4 but the registrar told me to bring it forward a week for when im 39+4, im a vbac too as i had an emergency c-section with my 3rd

Yeah probably!
I just saw the consultant on Thursday and she said if I go into labour before or on my due date then the chances of a successful VBAC are higher than somebody who is overdue.
How long has it been since your csection? X

Yeah probably!
I just saw the consultant on Thursday and she said if I go into labour before or on my due date then the chances of a successful VBAC are higher than somebody who is overdue.
How long has it been since your csection? X

Oh really, i havent been told that, my youngest that my section was with is now 4 yrs 3 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->