Swelling

qmama

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I have swelling in my hands and feet. Is it normal at this stage of pregnancy? I have taken my blood pressure and it is normal. It is quite hot here so that may have something to do with it.
Anyone else experience this?

perfectly normal I'm sure hun. i've had swollen hands since quite early on about 25 weeks and MW wasn't worried as BP has always been fine. try and take it easy though, rest whenever pos even for short spells. xxx

i swell up when i'm hot so its probably just that. Its horrible when i see sock marks round my ankles!
Keep an eye on it to make it goes down though xx

my midwife told me to contact her if i were to get any swelling, it could be a number of things, though its quite common later on in pregnancy x

pretty common, especially when it's hot out (so thankful for a winter pregnancy! my friend was so swollen this past summer) - make sure you're drinking lots and lots of water!

I have had this for a few weeks. Got checked to make sure bp was ok and since it is I have tried drinking more water, sleep wiht my feet slightly raised and I watch not to have too much salt (not really reducing because salt it important in pg but being careful no to over salt) and it seems to be helping. Increasing the water buy a few glasses a day helped the most.

Just keep your eye on it but the dr says its normal anytime after 20wks and dosen't nessessarily mean trouble.

my midwife told me to contact her immediately if i get any swelling at all (im not hi risk or anything like that) so it can't hurt to give her a call just in case? x

I have swelling in my hands and feet but my blood pressure is very low (80/40) so it's definitely normal for me and not related to pre-eclampsia or anything.

i think its pretty common, ive permanantly had swollen feet and hands since 21 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->