Swimming

sproutly2003

Reaction score
When can I take my baby swimming? One health visitor said whenever I want, another said after 12 week immunisations and another said after 16 week immunisations. Left me with no faith in them!

The NHS website says you can take them at any time
https://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1035.aspx?CategoryID=62&SubCategoryID=63

I think its anytime but ive left it after 16 weeks to take them with both ds and dd xx

Anytime is fine, my dad took me when I was a week old and every week for years and no problems here, that was 30 years ago and I figure chlorine checks and H&S are probably better now.

My LO started swimming lessons when she was 4 weeks old and has been every week since. Years ago, 'they' used to say wait until they have had their injections but it no longer applies.

I know they can start Waterbabies classes almost immediately so don't think there is a min time anymore.

My LO started lessons at 6 weeks. As others have said there's no time constraint

Anytime :) I took DS at 10 weeks but actually haven't taken DD yet :blush:

Some people don't even get the injections and they can still swim xx

I believe it's whenever but I personally wanted to wait until he got his first round of shots and when he can regulate his temperature more as it can take a few months.

I think the more important factor is whether or not your child's poop is still liquid. If your kid poops in the pool, you want the swim "diaper" to be able to catch it. That's all a swim diaper is - a poop-catcher. If the poop is still liquid, it will just leak into the pool water...

Sorry to be gross, but it's true!

I think the more important factor is whether or not your child's poop is still liquid. If your kid poops in the pool, you want the swim "diaper" to be able to catch it. That's all a swim diaper is - a poop-catcher. If the poop is still liquid, it will just leak into the pool water...

Sorry to be gross, but it's true!

My daughters poop is still very watery at 11 weeks, I took her last week and didn't actually think of an explosion. What an embarrassment if it had happened!!!

A lot of swim schools will only let you swim if you're wearing a 'happy nappy' by Splash About. LO did a poop while we were swimming last week but it was all very well contained in the nappy liners :)

Took my LO swimming at 5 weeks :) was abit overwhelming for him after 15 minutes but was nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->