swimming

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
when can you take LO's swimming?

Hi Mrs N, my little girl was born the 18th July and I took her swimming for the first time last Saturday, she was 9 weeks old. Aparently you can take them from birth but my hv advised to wait until her first set of injections at 8 weeks. She really enjoyed it but we only stayed in about 15 minutes as they get cold very quickly. I bought her a body warmer from mothercare which is like a wetsuit.

Good question, I can't wait to take my LO he LOVES the bath!!

Is this the wet suit you mean Icside?

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...f=sr_1_2/026-9087125-6958061?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

I took my LO in at 6 weeks and she loved every second of it.

Good question, I can't wait to take my LO he LOVES the bath!!

Is this the wet suit you mean Icside?

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...f=sr_1_2/026-9087125-6958061?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

Yes thats the one but I got the one in pink for my little girl. It was really good and helps them float a bit aswell. It seemed to hold her head aswell as she is still unable to do it by herself.

i always thought you couldnt take them until they have had all their injections?

i always thought you couldnt take them until they have had all their injections?

I thought that too but when i spoke to my HV a couple of weeks ago she said you can take them when you like.

A friend of mine took hers at 2weeks old!

our health visitor said you don't have to wait until they've had their injections, you're waiting a little while til your lo can regulate their body temp...have i made that up?

Here they took my LO to a baby pool at the hospital when he was just 1 day old! I first thought it was a bit weird, but he absolutely loved it. And when you think of it, no wonder, having just spent 9 months in warm liquid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->