swimming?

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Just wondering how old your baby was when you took them swimming? Daniel is now 4 months old (6 corrected) and loves his bath even started kicking and keen to take him swimming? x

I looked into waterbabies but their recommendation was the baby had to be minimum weight of 14lb for the temperature of the water. Holly didn't reach that until over 1 though so never got to take her it so just took her normal swimming when she was eventually big enough.

If weight isn't an issue I would ensure they have their first 3 sets of jabs.

Oh i glad you asked this i really keen to my take my Daniel swimming but really worried about taking him and the temp of the water and germs and stuff etc,
Daniel was 6 months old on Tuesday and 12lb now maybe i'll wait till he is 14lb and alittle warmer xx

I waited till they were 1 year and marked it as a birthday treat! It was lovely! Our consultant really wanted us to wait and to air on the side of caution with the germs, chlorine etc for lungs and skin etc. I didn't dunk them under either I just let them paddle and they loved it! I must admit it was hard waiting as I knew they would love it but I'm glad I did now as it was a lovely birthday experience :)
xxx

hmmm he is 10lb 2 and doesn't get his last jags til next week think I'll wait a while longer thanks for the info xx

I think I tok Jamie when he was really tiny probably only 10lbs as I didn't know any different, but only for 5 minutes or so as he did get cold in there! He is a real water baby whereas Jonny screams in the bath so I don't think he will be going for a while.

My son was just over 6 pounds when we first took him swimming. He was 5 months old and it was a hydrotherapy pool.

I took my baby girl swimming for the first time when she was just 5 months old, (3 months corrected - but I don't correct her age anymore as she just acts like any 5-6 month old). She weighed in at only 11lbs but it doesn't matter. We bought that seat from Mothercare, but she was only in it for about 5 mins then wanted to be out in the water with us. She quite enjoyed herself. Just take your baby whenever you feel they're up for it x

We did Waterbabies, Ethan was 2months old (1 month corrected). Because he was under 14lb he had to go to classes that were in hydrotherapy pools as the water is a bit warmer. They say if baby is under 14lb or 14wks they need a pool with a warmer temp. No need to wait for jabs. There is nothing that you can catch from the water that those jabs will protect from.
Go for it. It's baby's natural environment and the sooner they're back in it the better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->