Swine Flu Jab

i didnt have it last year when i was pregnant with my son. and when/if im pregnant again then i will choose not to have it again.
as far as im concerned the swine flu jab hasnt been around long enough to have been properly tested for what happens to babies during pregnancy. theres no sure guarantee that there wont be problems later in childhood. it hasnt been around long enough to have been fully checked and obviously you wont know if it has caused a problem to the child until they are at least 5 yrs old.

in my opinion, i dont think its something i'd have. i know swine flu is a bad thing but i wouldnt want to have that risk factor of my child having a problem later in life either.

the only thing that worries me is that they dont know what it can do to the baby...there have neen no babies born yet whos mothers have had the vaccine so how can they say its safe??

I feel like you tashalina. My sister-in-law is due anytime now and her midwife said exactly that & that she wouldn't recommend it because no babies had been born yet after their mothers had the jab.

Also, the midwife's husband was, at the time, in bed with swine flu, whilst she was looking after pg women and SHE hasn't even had the jab!

God knows what I'm going to decide!

I think its shocking that a mid-wife said they wouldn't recommend it .. I think it's very unprofessional that a person in this position would say that and almost certainly convince someone not to have the vaccine, potentially contributing to the number of serious infections and deaths from swine flu. I'm hope she's not my mid-wife :wacko:

the only thing that worries me is that they dont know what it can do to the baby...there have neen no babies born yet whos mothers have had the vaccine so how can they say its safe??

I feel like you tashalina. My sister-in-law is due anytime now and her midwife said exactly that & that she wouldn't recommend it because no babies had been born yet after their mothers had the jab.

Also, the midwife's husband was, at the time, in bed with swine flu, whilst she was looking after pg women and SHE hasn't even had the jab!

God knows what I'm going to decide!

I think its shocking that a mid-wife said they wouldn't recommend it .. I think it's very unprofessional that a person in this position would say that and almost certainly convince someone not to have the vaccine, potentially contributing to the number of serious infections and deaths from swine flu. I'm hope she's not my mid-wife :wacko:

People started being Vaccinated in Summer 2009 - Surely plenty of babies have been born since then?! Im having it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->