Swine Flu Vaccine - Pandemrix or Celvapan Jab - yes or no?

im still undecided, im in 2nd tri now and thinking if i do get the jab to get it in the nxt couple of weeks...but sooo undecided!!!

I've forgotton all about it for the time being. I have my fingers crossed it'll be OK. All of my friends who are having babies are still not going to have it and I am almost 27 weeks and in my last tri so hoping I can hang on!
x

i had my jab in November the Pandemrix one and my pregnancy has continued fine, im happy i did caus since then DH has had suspected swine flu as have several people im in regular contact with and i would hate for something to have happend if i had caught swine flu.

In the third tri now and haven't had it done. Don't regret it for a moment.
Swine flu is soooooo 2009 darling!

In the news today...............

https://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news...scare-swine-flu-claims-Euro-health-chief.html

In the news today...............

https://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news...scare-swine-flu-claims-Euro-health-chief.html

A pandemic is in simple terms a global epidemic... which swine flu was.

I do agree that the number of cases does appear to be tailing off which is good news but dont think the threat was exaggerated deliberately in order to make money. This is just the press trying to make money from something that as JessiHD put it is so 2009!

Glad it seems to be coming to an end! I also think that better hygiene has played a major part in reducing the number of new cases, probably more so than the vaccine (which i myself had at 28 weeks). Although I do still think getting vaccinated is the way to go for those who are vulnerable.

I received a letter about 6 wks ago asking to go for the jab at my doctors. After reading up on it and weighing the pros and cons I decided NOT to have it. I know its everyones personal choice and myself and my baby may be fine from having it but I didn't want to take the chance that it does affect my baby in some way and find out 5 years down the line like other things over the years that they said was safe then said wasn't.

I know pregnant women have died from swine flu but you can die from normal flu. There are not any guarantees.

I am just careful if I go out somewhere that there are lots of people. Looking at the news now I don't think swine flu has turned into the major epidemic they predicted it would and I don't regret not having it for a second.

The media and drugs company were equally responsible for the scare, in my opinion. I just hope that the European governments manage to get out some of the contracts as I think it's unfair that the taxpayers will have to bear the brunt of the pharma companies profiteering, especially in the current economic climate. The money could have been spent far more usefully if the Government hadn't lost its head and panic bought stockpiles of useless vaccines!

The vaccines aren't useless... thats a bit harsh. They could have potentially saved lives. With the winter being as harsh as it has been it wouldnt have been a good time to contract normal flu let alone a new strain.

I think vaccinating children was a good idea also as they are not as aware about hygiene and things like this will spread like wild fire among classrooms.

My neice is due hers next week... poor wee soul will have a heck of a sore arm though!

Flu vaccines are generally pretty inaffective compared to other vaccinations, seasonal flu vaccines work only about 2/3 of the time. The seasonal flu vaccine is pretty hotly debated in the medical communiity as many it is a waste of money due to the lack of effectiveness. No-one even knows if either of the vaccines prevented anyone getting swine flu yet as it is believed that the reason that less people were infected than expected because people have immunity from a previous strain and many people who were infected were asymptomatic, including children.

Littleleo - yes they are vaccinating infants from 6months -5 years of age. I was contacted by my local GP surgery for appointments for my two children.

Having heard NOTHING ever from the docs about the jab, I am now 30 weeks and they left me a message on my mobile late yesterday offering me the jab today from 3pm!! I didn't get back to them in time and have heard from word-of-mouth that the government ordered too much so they're just trying to get rid of it now??....
I am so nearly at the end of my pregnancy, don't really see the point now...

I don't entirely trust it because of the short time line in which it was put together and tested, I worry about the consequences of what it might potentially do. I'd rather take my risks with treating it with Tamiflu if it does happen (which I'm hoping it doesn't). I have to admit I run the other way in supermarkets if children start coughing without covering their mouths as I know I can't even take decongestants right now and that my immune system is lowered because of pregnancy. That means that even a common cold would be twice as miserable as usual.

Hello Everyone

I had the first shot of the Celvapan vaccine three weeks ago. It has now turned my life upside down. I am often dizzy, with a weak right arm and right leg. I have had tingling and twitching in my legs and face and I am now constantly tired. I am due to visit a neurologist soon and will be investigated for peripheral neuropathy and MS. Every doctor I have seen over the past three weeks has told me that they have not had any swine flu vaccine and would not recommend it to any family members. I understand that pregnant ladies have concerns about weaker immune systems but I think you must make your decision with the knowledge of what has happened to me.

I wont be having a swine flu jab - I havent heard of any more cases of swine flu going round and would rather not risk it!

Hello Everyone

I had the first shot of the Celvapan vaccine three weeks ago. It has now turned my life upside down. I am often dizzy, with a weak right arm and right leg. I have had tingling and twitching in my legs and face and I am now constantly tired. I am due to visit a neurologist soon and will be investigated for peripheral neuropathy and MS. Every doctor I have seen over the past three weeks has told me that they have not had any swine flu vaccine and would not recommend it to any family members. I understand that pregnant ladies have concerns about weaker immune systems but I think you must make your decision with the knowledge of what has happened to me.

Oh no hun, you poor poor thing :-( this is terrible. Thank you for posting your experience on here. I hope you're OK and that you make a speedy recovery. Good luck xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->