Swing vs Bouncer

mommy2be412

Reaction score
This is my first baby, do you think baby's need both a swing and a bouncer? I thought a swing would be for trying to put baby to sleep and a bouncer would be more for when baby is awake. What do you guys think?

Yeah I like having both for that exact reason. The bouncer is nice for letting them lay around while you are getting things done. The swing is great for nap time. :)

i like having both. some babies prefer one to another, I've heard of a few babies not liking the swings. DD would just get bored so i liked alternating with her. x

It's my first as well, and I have both because you never know. In my opinion, it's better to have both and be prepared rather than not have something that would have been useful.

A friend of mine's baby had a phase where he would not nap unless in the swing. My mom says my brother hated them as a baby. It really just depends on the baby.

I am considering the Graco bounce n swing for this very reason, best of both worlds, you just don't know when your baby will prefer until they are here

I'm getting both. My mom said I LOVED sleeping in my swing when I was a baby so I'm hoping my baby does too. The bouncer seems like a lot more fun so I'll use that when she's awake.

Well my first hated the swing, but loved the bouncer. Se would take her cat naps in the bouncer. She liked the vibration. Each baby has diff preferences, so get both and maybe keep the boxes and receipts!

I am considering the Graco bounce n swing for this very reason, best of both worlds, you just don't know when your baby will prefer until they are here

This is what i got ! Figured whatevrr he prefers we have them both and it saves a bit of room.

I would recommend getting a swing and bouncer that will hold a lot of weight like 20-25 pounds. I had a big baby so it was nice to have baby items that would last a long time.

Well my first hated the swing, but loved the bouncer. Se would take her cat naps in the bouncer. She liked the vibration. Each baby has diff preferences, so get both and maybe keep the boxes and receipts!

That's what we did, keep those receipts for all big purchases in case you don't end up using the item.

I got a bouncer for free with a coupon at Babies R Us. I don't have a swing. I plan on baby carrying for the most part, so the back and forth movements with my body should be enough to sooth a kiddo. Swings seem so bulky and huge and I just don't have the space, nor do I want to spend the money.

I am pretty big on baby wearing and holding baby, but still a HUGE fan of a swing and bouncer. The bouncer always allowed me to shower, and the swing gives me time to focus on my other kids/cook. I have never been comfortable wearing baby while at the stove!

I have both. Bouncer is nice and easy to take upstairs, kitchen etc. swing was great to give me some peace. I got the fisher price 3 in 1 which was great. A swing, a rocker and then a toddlar chair. Plus it holds up to 9kg. Wich I think is around the 20lb mark so dd2 used it for a good 7 months. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->