Switching from breast to formula from bottle?

shelx

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Ok i know this isnt going to be easy. I would switch from breast to bottle and express but i just cant seem to pump enough milk :shrug: i get 6oz at most in the morning and thats when my breast is the fullest. An electronic pump is not an option as i cant afford to buy one (my current one is tommee tippee manual).

I was giving him a bottle a day for a few weeks (5-6oz and he would only take about 3oz) but stopped as he was ill over xmas and wouldnt entertain the bottle at all.

Which time of the day would be best to introduce a bottle?
How much should i give him to start and how often?
And which formula should i buy?
Is it possible to formula feed during the day and breast evening morning and during the night? Or would that confuse him?

Also any tips would also be really helpful.

The reason im switching is im starting back to work in a few months and want to be prepared. I have tommee tippee bottles.

Sorry for all the questions, any replies will be greatly appreciated.

:flower: xxxx

Have you asked your health visitor if you can hire an electric pump for free from them?
I have never formula and breast fed so I can't advise on anything else really but I hope you get sorted x

Hi hun I'm sure someone might have advice here but you may get more responses on the formula feeding forum! :)

you can mix and match i did for many reasons

started with one bottle a day and then went to 2 say after a week so that body and supply can alter and then i got to 3 and just fed baby morning and night which i loved and fed for longer as a result

my baby did not get confused as it was the same everyday

just choose a day feed to swap and start from there at 5 months try 7 ozs - or whatever it says on formula box for that age

wait til baby is established with a bottle a day before changing to 2 i guess as you have time

if baby does not want bottle from you keep trying and get others to help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->