Symptoms from stopping the pill!!

fuzzyduck

Reaction score
Hi
Ive just come off the pill yasmin to TTC and have read that you can have a hard time with coming off it and was just wondering if anyone has come off it and how they got on and how long it took their body to regulate or get pregnant??
Thank you

Hi fuzzyduck

In my experience I had no major symptoms or problems after coming off the pill. I was on Loestrin 30 for 7 years, I came off it in July 2009 and had my normal period, then I got my periods every 28-29 days after that. The only symptom I noticed was an increase in my sex drive, which is no bad thing when TTC :haha: I fell pregnant in January 2010 so about 5 months.

xxx

I have had quite a few symptoms coming off Microgynon 30 which are very similar to pregnancy symptoms. It's very frustrating! Everyone has their own experience of it so you might be fine but personally, I've had cramps, nausea, long cycle, increased sex drive etc.

When we were ttc Harry i came off the pill in the Januaray, the first month i was a week late, and had loads of pregnancy symptoms, i was convinced i was pregnant! It settled down after the first month and i got back to regular 28 day cycles and we conceived on month 4 xx

I've just had the implant removed about 3 weeks ago and I've been having loads of pregnancy symtoms which is really gutting as it makes me hope.
Hoping my body will sort itself out and I'll have a bfp soon :)

I came off Yasmin 1st of Jan and had EVERY pregnancy symptom under the sun, sore boobs (more than a cup size bigger) sore nipples, bloating, cramping, mood swings and nausea, got my first real bleed on day 38!! So don't worry if you start feeling like this its pretty normal. I took four pregnancy tests I was so bloody confused! x

I've just come off Yasmin as well, about 3/4 weeks ago, maybe we could compare symptoms lol?

xx

Hi there, I was on the Cilest pill for about 3 years before coming off to ttc #1, it took 10 months, I had symptoms of tender breasts and moodiness. With #2 I had been back on Cilest (generally had tried the injection during that time also) for approx 5 years and then fell pregnant after 1 month with no symptoms that I remember.
Fingers cross that you have no "off-the-pill" symptoms and enjoy ttc, hope you dont have long to wait til your BFP shows.

I'm so glad to hear that cramping can be a symptom of coming off the pill. I have been cramping nearly daily and was starting to wonder what was wrong with me! Hoping my body is starting to adjust.

I came off yasmin 6 months ago and my periods still aren't regulated....we have been TTC all this time and nothing..I had been feeling "different" and convinced myself that I was gona get my BFP everytime, don't know if that was just in my head or if it was to do with the pill or not. If I had known this time last year what I know now, I would have came off it long before we got married, I just had a 33 day cycle and the one before that was 39 days so it does seem to be getting better but were into the 7th month now and all we really wanted was a honeymoon baby!

If you are WTT then I would suggest coming off early and using condoms until you are going to TTC to give your body time to get back to "normal" - I wish we had of done that :-(

I've just come off Yasmin as well, about 3/4 weeks ago, maybe we could compare symptoms lol?

xx

Yeah that would be brilliant, it would be great to know what someone else is going through to compare cas i have no idea what to expect, ive been off the pill for 2/3 weeks and ive had abit of cramping but nothing major how about you?

So far I've had the following symptoms (had my withdrawal bleed starting on 26th feb):

*cramping (sometimes mild, sometimes stronger)
*sore boobs/nipples in the last 3/4 days
*tiredness/lethargic
*excessive weeing (twice as many times a day as before)
*mood swings etc

I am pretty sure I ovulated this first month though as had a LOT of clear, egg white like discharge on 9th march, which would have been about 3 weeks after I stopped taking Yasmin, and about 2 weeks after my withdrawal bleed. A lot of people do say that you CAN be more fertile straight after stopping the pill (including many doctors actually), but that it then gets back to normal gradually, obv at different speeds for everyone.

xxx

So far I've had the following symptoms (had my withdrawal bleed starting on 26th feb):

*tiredness/lethargic
*mood swings etc

I am pretty sure I ovulated this first month though as had a LOT of clear, egg white like discharge on 9th march, which would have been about 3 weeks after I stopped taking Yasmin, and about 2 weeks after my withdrawal bleed. A lot of people do say that you CAN be more fertile straight after stopping the pill (including many doctors actually), but that it then gets back to normal gradually, obv at different speeds for everyone.

xxx

All ive had so far is cramping, but for the last couple of days ive had dark brown discharge (like old blood) and mild cramping and its really annoying cas i thought coming off the pill made your cycles last longer not shorter not that it feels like a period though. Ive never been this confused about anything til now that ive come of the pill i hate not knowing what to expect lol
Its nice to know theres someone else out there going through the same thing

*tiredness/lethargic
*mood swings etc

xxx

All ive had so far is cramping, but for the last couple of days ive had dark brown discharge (like old blood) and mild cramping and its really annoying cas i thought coming off the pill made your cycles last longer not shorter not that it feels like a period though. Ive never been this confused about anything til now that ive come of the pill i hate not knowing what to expect lol

When did you say you came off the pill? And was it after a period/withrawal bleed on your week off?

I started taking mine after my pill-free week, and 7 days later decided to stop taking it - of course 5 days after that I had a 2nd withdrawal bleed!! 2 periods in as many weeks :brat:

xx

*tiredness/lethargic
*mood swings etc

xxx

When did you say you came off the pill? And was it after a period/withrawal bleed on your week off?

I started taking mine after my pill-free week, and 7 days later decided to stop taking it - of course 5 days after that I had a 2nd withdrawal bleed!! 2 periods in as many weeks :brat:

xx

I stopped taking my pill 25th feb and had my usual withdrawl from the 1st - 4th march. i started with the cramps 11th, then started 17th with brown discharge and on the 19th had the tinyest bit of red blood in the brown discharge once and now the brown discharge has finished.

I dont know how you did two periods in so little time, i'd of been well down i was pretty lucky that me and my husband decided just before my pill free break it was alot easier

xx

Or so I thought I'd finished lol

Xx

This morning I got my first proper natural period since coming off Yasmin. Withdrawal bleeds are like a walk in the park compared to this :growlmad:

Still, at least I can now look at my cycle properly and really see how it works, not just use the wb to guess :shrug:

And I can now have a drink on my week off this week.......... :happydance:

xxx

Hiya, I came off Yasmin just after Christmas and have had fairly regular periods since. For the first few months though I had 4/5 days of "pregnancy like" symptoms but these have dies off now and Im fairly normal again.

We havent fell yet, but to be honest were trying to hold it off so that we have a summer 2012 baby - my daughter was born on 21st december and I dont think I could handle anymore excitement around the festive season again!

Xx

This morning I got my first proper natural period since coming off Yasmin. Withdrawal bleeds are like a walk in the park compared to this :growlmad:

Still, at least I can now look at my cycle properly and really see how it works, not just use the wb to guess :shrug:

xxx

I think my bleeding has been a period because i started my dark blood this morning, not alot just need a pad, but no pain. which has werided me out abit because that means ive only had a 17 day cycle or 21 if i dont count the brown discharg. ive read on here that people have had longer cycles or none for a couple of months but no one with shorter cycles :shrug:

I dont know how you feel but the one thing i hate about being off the pill is i hate not knowing when ima gonna start :growlmad:

Oooooooo that drink sounds ace, enjoy it :wine:

Xx

xxx

I think my bleeding has been a period because i started with dark red blood this morning, not alot just need a pad and when i wipe, but no pain, but has bloody disappeared :growlmad: which has werided me out abit because that means ive only had a 17 day cycle or 21 if i dont count the brown discharg. ive read on here that people have had longer cycles or none for a couple of months but no one with shorter cycles :shrug:

I dont know how you feel but the one thing i hate about being off the pill is i hate not knowing when ima gonna start :growlmad:

Oooooooo that drink sounds ace, enjoy it :wine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->