Symptoms from stopping the pill!!

God yeah, it's frustrating not knowing, and that sinking feeling when you realise it's begun. Funny thing is, while I was on the pill my period always started during the day, but if I remember back, non-pill periods were all night-time starters (and that was the case this time too) :wacko:

I'd forgotten what an actual period was like too. I feel really, really bad - crampy, achey, tired and extremely weepy/irritable.

So, Fuzzyduck, how comes you've come off BC then, if you don't mind me asking? What's your 'story'? :winkwink:

xxx

Hello everyone. I just got off of BCP in Feb. This whole month I had been having pregnancy like symptoms (even took a few tests b/c my cycle was lasting for longer than normal) and... I got my first "real" period of the pill this evening. My symptoms included nausea and frequent urination. Oh and my sex drive has increased dramatically which has yielded no complaint from DH.

Hiya, I came off Yasmin just after Christmas and have had fairly regular periods since. For the first few months though I had 4/5 days of "pregnancy like" symptoms but these have dies off now and Im fairly normal again.

We havent fell yet, but to be honest were trying to hold it off so that we have a summer 2012 baby - my daughter was born on 21st december and I dont think I could handle anymore excitement around the festive season again!

hi you seem like youve had a pretty easy time since coming off yasmin with your periods being regular near enough straight away, that must be brilliant. I have no idea what my bodies gonna do next lol

God yeah, it's frustrating not knowing, and that sinking feeling when you realise it's begun. Funny thing is, while I was on the pill my period always started during the day, but if I remember back, non-pill periods were all night-time starters (and that was the case this time too) :wacko:

I'd forgotten what an actual period was like too. I feel really, really bad - crampy, achey, tired and extremely weepy/irritable.

So, Fuzzyduck, how comes you've come off BC then, if you don't mind me asking? What's your 'story'? :winkwink:

xxx

Well me and my husband got married in june and weve been talking about having children for a while now, and then in the middle of feb we decided to try so i finished my packet of pills which was about 2 thank god because i dont think i would have lasted any more than that we were so excited about finally trying :happydance:
and thats about it, abit boring really lol

How did you come to be of BC?

xxx

I came off BCP (Ovranette) in february and had withdrawal bleed 21st Feb. Was hoping that my cycles would return to 28 days straight away - they did last time I came off a different BCP. But should have started AF yesterday and still no sign whatsoever and no BFP. So just waiting for my first real AF so that we can try again. Booooooo.

I came off BCP (Ovranette) in february and had withdrawal bleed 21st Feb. Was hoping that my cycles would return to 28 days straight away - they did last time I came off a different BCP. But should have started AF yesterday and still no sign whatsoever and no BFP. So just waiting for my first real AF so that we can try again. Booooooo.

Its horrible waiting for AF, i had my withdrawl bleed 1st march and have been experiencing brown discharge for 4 days and small amounts of bleeding that lasted not even a day yesterday and ima confused to whether i count that as my period or just breakthrough bleeding. :shrug:

xxx

Well me and my husband got married in june and weve been talking about having children for a while now, and then in the middle of feb we decided to try so i finished my packet of pills which was about 2 thank god because i dont think i would have lasted any more than that we were so excited about finally trying :happydance:

xxx

Well, myself and my partner have always said we wanted kids together, and a while ago I thought I was pregnant as I skipped a period while on BC, and when it was a BFN, he was actually quite disappointed. We don't want to actively 'try' and deal with all the pressures that come with it, but have now decided to 'leave it to fate'.

I have been incredibly broody practically since I was 16 or so, and fell pregnant when I was 21 with a different bf but had a MC - obviously wasn't meant to be. I turned 30 last yr, (he's 31) and I'm with the right person, been together for 4yrs now, living together for 2. This is our commitment to each other....... we may get married at some point but we're also happy as we are.

I'm NTNP because we don't want to put stress on it - I want it to be relaxed, not just having :sex: because we want to make a baby...... :winkwink: I finished my pill free week, started taking it again, and a week into my pack we decided to stop!! Hence the double/triple period!

xxx

xxx

xxx

Well, myself and my partner have always said we wanted kids together, and a while ago I thought I was pregnant as I skipped a period while on BC, and when it was a BFN, he was actually quite disappointed. We don't want to actively 'try' and deal with all the pressures that come with it, but have now decided to 'leave it to fate'.

I have been incredibly broody practically since I was 16 or so, and fell pregnant when I was 21 with a different bf but had a MC - obviously wasn't meant to be. I turned 30 last yr, (he's 31) and I'm with the right person, been together for 4yrs now, living together for 2. This is our commitment to each other....... we may get married at some point but we're also happy as we are.

I'm NTNP because we don't want to put stress on it - I want it to be relaxed, not just having :sex: because we want to make a baby...... :winkwink: I finished my pill free week, started taking it again, and a week into my pack we decided to stop!! Hence the double/triple period!

xxx

Yeah i know what you mean, were not really trying apart from :sex: more. I think if we were tracking everything it would rule our lifes, were just seeing how everything goes.

Maybe my coming off the pill isnt going as easy, today felt really sick after everything i ate :(

AF still not reared her ugly head and no BFP. Just want it to come so that we can try again- hope it's not going to take months to settle down!
Booo to having symptoms coming off the pill. I feel fine- just waiting for cycle to regulate.
x

Hello Fuzzyduck when I came off the pill I didn't get my AF for a couple of months which was apparently normal. I went to see my gp and tested just in case. Three years later I am still having irregular periods. But this may be due to a lot of factors like stress for me and having to deal with Earthquake in NZ etc.. Anyway. I think it depends on the pill you were on and everyone is different...

Hello,

I'm new to this site. I've stopped taking bcp Yasmin and I am now on CD36 and have lots of pregnancy symptoms. I don't even know if I ovulated since coming off the bcp and have not yet had a 'natural' af. Its obviously been delayed, but could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:
♣ Weight gain
♣ Bloated abdomen
♣ Extreme tiredness
♣ Dry scalp and extremly chapped lips
♣ Runny nose and headache
♣ Sore boobs
♣ and I just can't concentrate 'distracted' feeling

Who knows but I think I may do a test soon if I don't get my af!

Hannah X

Hello,

I'm new to this site. I've stopped taking bcp Yasmin and I am now on CD36 and have lots of pregnancy symptoms. I don't even know if I ovulated since coming off the bcp and have not yet had a 'natural' af. Its obviously been delayed, but could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:
♣ Weight gain
♣ Bloated abdomen
♣ Extreme tiredness
♣ Dry scalp and extremly chapped lips
♣ Runny nose and headache
♣ Sore boobs
♣ and I just can't concentrate 'distracted' feeling

Who knows but I think I may do a test soon if I don't get my af!

Hannah X

Hi Hannah and welcome to BnB!!! :happydance:

I am on my 2nd cycle off Yasmin, have had one natural period and pretty much all of those symptoms, especially the distracted thing - I'm normally super organised, but for the last 2 months I'd have forgotten my own head if it wasn't screwed on!!!!!

xxx

(P.S. :test: now!!!!!)

Hello again,

Thanks FairyKate - I took your advice! :baby: Maybe you should test too....

Well after coming accross this site yesterday and counting up my symptoms (I'd been doing this over the past few weeks anyway) I decided last night that I should perhaps do the test! AND I got my :bfp: I can't believe it I was in total shock and didn't realise I'd get pregnant so quickly after coming off the pill!

I bought a cheap Asda test on the way home and did it at about 7pm. I was thinking oh 'your a bit silly doing this' you won't be pregnant.....etc etc. My OH was home at 8pm and we got really excited! So he popped back to Asda and picked up two CB Digital tests, I done them both one last night and one this morning and it says I'm 3+ weeks pregnant!

So happy, but its not really sunk in yet.

:dust: to all those waiting for there :bfp:

It just goes to show that I can happen quick!

Good luck everyone else! Xxxx

Hello again,

Well after coming accross this site yesterday and counting up my symptoms (I'd been doing this over the past few weeks anyway) I decided last night that I should perhaps do the test! AND I got my :bfp: I can't believe it I was in total shock and didn't realise I'd get pregnant so quickly after coming off the pill!

I bought a cheap Asda test on the way home and did it at about 7pm. I was thinking oh 'your a bit silly doing this' you won't be pregnant.....etc etc. My OH was home at 8pm and we got really excited! So he popped back to Asda and picked up two CB Digital tests, I done them both one last night and one this morning and it says I'm 3+ weeks pregnant!

Wow! Congrats Hun! that's amazing. I came of my BCP 13/3, had my withdrawal bleed on 16/3, so it's been just over 2 weeks off my BCP a 2 weeks since my withdrawal bleed tomorrow. I woke up in the middle of the night last week sometime with really bad cramps, one's that woke me up, and then I had a real bad cramp in my leg :S Bit confused on that one lol! In the last week I have been having (TMI sorry) slippery CM and yday I had a little bit of pale yellow sticky CM and again now it's slippery again. I have no idea if I have ovulated or if I'm about too. I only have a 24 day cycle, or I did when I was on my BCP anyway.

Congrats again that's amazing news :) :dust: to you :) xxxx

Hello again,

Wow! Congrats Hun! that's amazing. I came of my BCP 13/3, had my withdrawal bleed on 16/3, so it's been just over 2 weeks off my BCP a 2 weeks since my withdrawal bleed tomorrow. I woke up in the middle of the night last week sometime with really bad cramps, one's that woke me up, and then I had a real bad cramp in my leg :S Bit confused on that one lol! In the last week I have been having (TMI sorry) slippery CM and yday I had a little bit of pale yellow sticky CM and again now it's slippery again. I have no idea if I have ovulated or if I'm about too. I only have a 24 day cycle, or I did when I was on my BCP anyway.

Congrats again that's amazing news :) :dust: to you :) xxxx

Hello again,

The CM monitoring seems is a great way to keep track of things, but I don't have much experience with it myself. I guess if you've got a 24 day cycle then you would be ovulating around CD12? So that could make sense. Once your af becomes more regular you will probably be able to narrow down your O date. Sorry I can't be more help!

Thanks so much for your kind words :hugs:

:dust:your way.....hope you get your :bfp:soon Xxxx

Hello again,

OMG!! Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you :hugs: Lucky thing - you didn't even have to do the dreaded 2WW!!!

I had my period on 21st March so I'm definately not preggers this time, but FX for next cycle!! :happydance:

xxx

I came off cilest in January, have been having 35 (well last month 34) day cycles. This month been having weird symptoms, tummy cramps.

No BFP yet, but am started to learn how my body works a bit better, so can plan ovulation and plan around that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->