Syria

lau86

Reaction score
I'm sure most people have seen the photo going round on Facebook. I feel quite heartbroken that we're not stepping in. I don't know much about the situation but it's hard not to feel bad when We're so fortunate in this country. I've signed a petition but I don't really know what else can be done? He looks just like my ds1 and it's upsetting

That image of the lil boy is heartbreaking :(

Just keeping thinking how scared him and his brother must have been! That poor man has lost his whole family :cry:

Where is the petition?

The whole thing upsets me. I hope we can take proper action here soon :( we NEED to help.

I think it's called no more drownings, it's on change.org

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q564/catherinerobertson89/Mobile%20Uploads/PhotoGrid_1441311125263_zpsz7y7pgy7.png

this had me close to tears!

It's heartbreaking, I really hope our country steps up and helps.

It's so heartbreaking. I'm ashamed to be British right now, all the daily Mail idiots are treating them like vermin. We need to help them. You know full well that if the tables were turned we'd be begging them to help us.

I agree Rhio! Some of the comments are disgusting.

The pictures will haunt me and the sad thing is it's not just him and his brother, there many more children who have drowned along with their families :(

I've done nothing but cry the past few days, I can't look at the photos, it's so heartbreaking.
Thoroughly ashamed of the culture we've created when I see the vile comments about the situation online. I don't understand how people can be that far removed from reality.

Agree, these people have no choice. They are not risking their lives and their children's lives for the bloody dole. I am thoroughly ashamed of some of the inhabitants of this country at the moment.
And people who are kicking off being they don't want to see images like that.. Of course it's a sensitive photo, but it is the reality for thousands of people at the moment, and if it makes people realise that these are just human beings who are desperately trying to flee awful circumstances, then I think it should be shown.

This is an Amazon wishlist for the refugees:https://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/w...sw_r_tw_ws_HdU5vb917CQ5B?tag=independen058-21

One way to help for those saying they wished they could! :flower:

hm, i wont say too much as to upset people but my views are a bit different in all honesty, yes my heart does break for them, the reason they are having to flee, the people who are loosing their lives, but why should we welcome them in with open arms? our country is screwed up enough with finances, jobs, homes, we dont have enough of any of it to go around, let alone to more foreign people coming over!
what will we do give them all houses, benefits or jobs and leave us without?
someone said 'if the tables were turned we would be begging for help' but we do have people that suffer, we have childrne going without food, but where are OUR charities? do people in other countries give money to help feed our starving children?
if im missing a point here please do drop me down a peg or 2 but i just think we need to think of our self, the people already living here, the mess we as a country are already in..

hm, i wont say too much as to upset people but my views are a bit different in all honesty, yes my heart does break for them, the reason they are having to flee, the people who are loosing their lives, but why should we welcome them in with open arms? our country is screwed up enough with finances, jobs, homes, we dont have enough of any of it to go around, let alone to more foreign people coming over!
what will we do give them all houses, benefits or jobs and leave us without?
someone said 'if the tables were turned we would be begging for help' but we do have people that suffer, we have childrne going without food, but where are OUR charities? do people in other countries give money to help feed our starving children?
if im missing a point here please do drop me down a peg or 2 but i just think we need to think of our self, the people already living here, the mess we as a country are already in..

They dont want houses or benefits,they just want to be safe. Maybe even work. Why does everyone think they are here to scrounge? They wanted to get away from death and torture and life in peace. A right they should have. I totally disagree about looking after UK only. We should look after all human kind. Spread some compassion. Make a change.

Our "problems", as a country, are literally not a patch on theirs.
We should welcome them because we're human. Would it be so horrendous that our lives should be inconvenienced somewhat for a while, in order to save people who're literally dying everyday just to try and escape their desperate situations? Is it worth seeing little ones washed up on beaches?
We see what ISIS are doing, we comment on how horrific it must be to live in fear of them, but we watch families - actual real families who had homes and jobs and social lives, just like us, human beings - trying to escape and still we can say "sorry, we have enough problems here". I don't understand it.

I get that there are areas that are full and could not take refugees without being badly affected, but there are areas that easily could. The town I live in is becoming a ghost town, houses are empty and for some unknown reason they're building more. People are acting like the British Isles will sink if we take in more people!

I doubt there doing this for benefits or a house there doing it to keep there children alive!

i never said they are doing it for benefits but there isnt enough jobs for them all and if they do come here they will get our benefits, period. we are all too busy slagging each other off for been on benefits as it is, calling each other scroungers yet people want to let other people come receive them, like i said i wont say much bcos my views are different, i just think we should clean up our own messes before focusing on other peoples.

another thing.. say we do 'let them in' how do we know they are all innocent escapee's? we start letting them in and next thing we are all being forced to the way of life they were living bcos oops, we let the bad guys in too...

alot of the bad guys already live here. you see on the news all the time them finding someone whos made bombs etc and some people are leaving here to join ISIS. im not sure they would have to endure the pretty horrific journey to get there.
im sure a refugee camp and a bit of food is all they are needing until long term plans can be put in place

This EVERYONES mess. We can not turn our back on other innocent humans in need. It doesn't make sense? I just can't understand suggestions to leave them. Maybe a change in society. Lets welcome a number, be part of a change? Unfortunately unless its in our face society likes to ignore it. This could be any one of us. It really could. We can not turn our backs, that would mean no way back for humanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->