Syria

Everything you write is such a contradiction, even that post! "I never said we shouldn't let people in.....I just don't think we should let in hundreds of refugees" Saying we shouldn't let in hundreds of refugees IS making something black and white. I really don't think you're in a position to say what we should or shouldn't do with the refugees until you know about it better, that's what I'm doing, I don't know enough, so I'm just having empathy for the situation not saying X, Y and Z should happen. Istead of saying "I feel sorry for them BUT" like you did in an earlier post just stop at but, there's no reason to go further than that. How can you formulate opinions without facts???

so you say they will support them selves by getting jobs, but someone has already said they cant get a job while they are refugees, so really they have all intention of just living here and the other countries forever? i just dont see why we cant help them fight for their country instead of taking them in here when we can hardly afford the amount of people already living here.
what about in 10 years time when there is no NHS left, and you, your family or god forbid one of YOUR children need it, what then? well its tough we will have to pay for the health care with very little money as people in this country dont want to give people a job from this country because people from other countries are happy to work for alot les which of corse, every employer is happy with!! my opinion has still not changed, i never said i hate anyone, i just think we all need to be a little bit more selfish and think of what it could possibly do to our country!

im also out nothing more i can really say without people hating me for it so..
I'm not sure that it actually is true that they can't work as a refugee. Perhaps they can't work as an asylum seeker, which is their status before refugee status is approved. Refugee status lasts five years, and after that they can apply for leave to settle permanently in the country if they want to stay.

It seems like you're very concerned that refugees just want to "come and leech off us forever" or "steal jobs". It doesn't seem like you're really considering that what they want right now above anything else is to find a safe place to stay alive. They're in a crisis situation. Their country is basically being destroyed, it would take a monstrous amount of military effort to fight the multiple violent factions there and it will take a huge amount of time and money to repair. Which I'm sure is actually what the refugees would love to see happen in the long run, but it's not really an option right now.

Imagine if violent fighting broke out in Britain and the government started randomly bombing your neighbourhood, terrorist organizations moved in as it became evident that the government wasn't bothered about enforcing law and order, so you were in daily fear for your own life and your son's life. You just want to get out and be safe until you can figure out how the hell you are going to survive long term. Your best option is a country you've never been to, you don't speak the language, don't know anyone and have little more than a bag of clothes and a phone. Yet the people in that country are looking at you with narrowed eyes, accusing you of being a terrorist, of just wanting to "steal their jobs" and saying, "We really don't have room for you, we need to be a bit more selfish because people like you will ruin our country". How would you feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->