Syria

I just try to live and treat people how I would want to be treated, I'm not a saint I just know if that was me I'd want some help.

This is an Amazon wishlist for the refugees:https://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/w...sw_r_tw_ws_HdU5vb917CQ5B?tag=independen058-21

One way to help for those saying they wished they could! :flower:

Just looked at that and they're saying they have enough for now which is brilliant. Someone posted about a charity so I've given money to that but it's only a small thing

This is an Amazon wishlist for the refugees:https://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/w...sw_r_tw_ws_HdU5vb917CQ5B?tag=independen058-21

One way to help for those saying they wished they could! :flower:

Just looked at that and they're saying they have enough for now which is brilliant. Someone posted about a charity so I've given money to that but it's only a small thing

Oh wow that's fantastic they've got enough. Sorry for the dud link!

Whilst o do feel sorry for tjem my main concern is the security risk.if isis hear us opening our doors how easy would it be to get in our country by claiming to be a refugee.how on earth do you vet that many people. ?!?!

I thought Isis could attack us anyway if they want to?

Yes but this would still make it easier to get terrorist in our country.There is obviouslyno guarantee they would.but unfortunately the risk is still there. It definitely increases the threat on our security.there is no ignoring that

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q564/catherinerobertson89/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20150904-WA0003_zpscqe8tiq5.jpg
This is what some of these people have came from. Im sure stealing our jobs and benefits are the least of there worries...

We have home grown terrorism!

We NEED to help.

Yes but they try to keep tabs on people they believe linked to isis and yes I know they don't get everyone but there is some safeguarding in place against homegrown terrorism.regardless this WILL still increase the risk to the security of our country as they wont have a clue who they are letting in.I'm also not discrediting they need help of course they do.but there are other ways to try to help them till perhaps a better plan is in place.there is nothing wrong with raising money and donations.

If a terrorist wants to come to the UK, they'll come regardless of who we let in. There's nothing stopping them jumping on a plane to London.

It really wont make a difference to terrorism! These people are desperate pretty sure they are running from terrorism. Not creating it.

If a terrorist wants to come to the UK, they'll come regardless of who we let in. There's nothing stopping them jumping on a plane to London.
There are still safeguards in place to reduce this though :dohh: they track groups and individuals it isn't a free for all to get in our country.like I said I agree they need help however you can't ingnore the increased risk.just my opinion. I agree with what David Cameron said originally we should be working together to solve the bigger problem ofthe war in there country

It really wont make a difference to terrorism! These people are desperate pretty sure they are running from terrorism. Not creating it.
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous can you vouch for every single refugee we take isn't a terrorist. The majority are desperate like I said I agree they need help.but to assume none of them would be terrorists is naive

Im not saying they are not but why be a fake refugee when we have home grown. I didnt say 'none are'. I just think its not a concern that should be a factor.

How many homegrowns s flee to Syria to become extremists?.this would be a perfect opportunity to get extremists back in our country.

It's absolutely heart breaking. Short of donating money what can we personally as individuals do though?

I'm also curious as to how the boys ended up in the water yet their dad survived? If that was me or my OH we'd be straight in after him and save him or die trying.
I haven't read the entire story but how did they even end this way?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...father-says-goodbye-family-couldn-t-save.html
This article explains he had originally fled Syria and was safe in a camp in turkeythey applied for residency in Canada and it was rejected so they tried to get into an EU country illegally by boat

Sorry for daily mail article I know they can write some rubbish but first to come up on google but does outline the story

The ignorance I hear pouring from the mouths of people in this country is beyond astonishing and upsetting. I remember when I returned from Cambodia at the end of 2008 when the recession was just ramping up and people were complaining of hardships and I wanted to punch every single one of them.

I appreciate everything is relative, but when you have seen small children begging you everywhere for a dollar so they can attend school for one day, or a toddler with a snake around her neck because her parents know no other way how to feed the mouths of their other children do you realise we truly dont have real problems in this country. It's like we're living in the premier league of 'poverty' and 'hard times'.

Probably a third of the planet would jump at the chance to become one of the people who count themselves below the poverty line in the UK. Because it's a hundred times better than the sh*t they got awarded through nothing other than luck. Not only were we beyond fortunate enough to be created, but we got created with the golden ticket of being born in the UK.

People need to remember we could have been born in any slum or war-torn country. We should be doing everything possible to help people whose lives are in danger. We have things so bloody amazing in this country (healthcare, education, benefits etc), if things have to be a little more stretched in the UK so I never have to see another picture of a toddler dead on a beach so be it! I'd be more than happy to have my taxes increased to help pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->