Syria

i just dont believe that all the refugees are innocent thats all, i think we could be opening our gates for a whole lot of sh*t.. then what? when we are all foreigners in our own country? when our elderly cant be homes because there is no houses left, yet people who come from a different country can be homed in weeks, and yes, i do know this for sure, i do know that people can come from Pakistan and get as council house almost instantly, yet i know people who are living in damp infested homes with kids and they have been waiting for a council house for years.
i know you cant portray a whole lot of people by hearing just 2 peoples story, i dont look at a persons race and judge them because of what someone of the same race did but im pretty sure we have more problems involving foreign people than our own, on a crime site, if you scroll down the page, most if not all are of a different race, that have come from a different country, they are raping, abusing, beating and killing people of a different race to them, but thats okay, put them in our prisons costing US money and let more in, why not??

what i say isnt going to change anything, we will all soon see when our country goes to pot because well, it wont be our country for much longer

Please please please don't believe the proper-gander, the media does very well at brainwashing us to believe all the things you have written above, but the reality is so far from that.
We are all people, nothing but water separates us and the mere fact that we are born somewhere should not mean that we deserve to live in luxury whilst others die. The reality is we can all afford our TV, phone and internet subscriptions, we all have luxury's that we just see as the norm now yet we are led to believe by the media that people living in council houses, on benefits etc are taking something from us.
Even those you mention above as 'living in damp infested homes' is way more than the refugees have or are even expecting, they simply want to live.
When we have so much ourselves how can we begrudge others such basic necessities?
Please, next time you open a paper or read a blog just take an open mind and really think about what you are taking in, we are all just people in the end no matter where we were born.

im not saying anyone is more deserving of anything, but in all honesty, and ill probably get it in the neck for this. i do think we are more deserving of the newly built houses or the empty houses, they werent built so that people from other countries could come and take them all up. im not saying we are worse off than them in our damp houses, im just saying we are housing people who have done nothing for our country before the people who have, or have atleast lived here for longer than a day.
what about the pictures of all the men stood with their smart phones in hand? or is that another media brain wash?
i really do have all the sympathy for these people, i honestly do. but im just not convinced we will be better off for taking them in, who knows 20 years down the line when they have had a nice home, stable job, money etc, they may just go back to where they came from now its safe and we will all live happily ever after. or 10 years down the line we could end up with a whole country piled in rubble because there is nothing left!! only time will tell i guess, and i know me voicing my opinion like i am doesnt change what will happen, nor will anyone elses, im not saying this because im a heartless b*tch, just that i care alot about my family and the country we live in.

I've not seen the smart phone picture but we aren't claiming that they live poor lives in Syria, after all they're often doctors, nurses, business men, so they had houses and things but war means they've lost it or they're scared they're about to. Besides many of them are leaving their families behind so how else do they make sure they can get in contact with them once they're settled?

I don't understand why it would be a pile of rubble? Can I ask why being born in a country makes you more deserving? I see it that it could be argued that since our government are in part to blame for what's going on there, that they're the ones who deserve it more.

The two issues are just not related. I have no problem in helping the homeless at all, I give to homeless charities when I can, I've taken part in the rucksack project, and I'm not above giving money to those on the street (not my business what they spend it on). But people keep talking about homeless ex-servicemen like it's something they've heard about and suddenly decided it's a major wide scale issue caused by immigration.

There are many worthwhile causes to support and there are many charities to help. The plight of the refugees is immediate and has been brought to the world's attention so people are understandably jumping over themselves to help. People are able to (and do) support more than one cause, and it's not up to anyone else to say who a person SHOULD help.

Where I live a concert is being organised to raise funds for refugees. I don't know about other cities but in Liverpool there seems to be a fundraising concert/event every week for something or other. But a few select people are going mad about this one, saying there are much more worthy causes closer to home (such as homelessness). It's not like we don't have homeless charities here, we do, and there are a group who take it upon themselves to hand food, hot drinks and socks/hats out to people on the streets of the city centre every single night. If the those ranting that "charity starts at home" paid more attention the rest of the time, they'd know about it.

Children haven't done anything for this country, they are born into it not paying taxes, leaching off the NHS, needing education- why should we prioritise them when they do nothing for us right now? These arguments are woolly.

Firstly, chill out, stop stressing. 20,000 is 0.03% of the population, British people aren't going be sleeping next to the Thames with all these refugees taking our houses they are apparently less deserving off.

Secondly, they will one day work, pay taxes and contribute to society. Immigrants (although a separate issue) pay more into the system than they take out, SHOCK HORROR memes and the Daily Fail don't tell you this, yes some take benefits, just as British people do but are paying more into the system, this I suspect will be the same with these refugees in the future.

Thirdly, their children will grow up with a British education and probably much more will power to better themselves than we ever had, they have something to fight for, just think what these children could grow up to be and how they could help our society, just look how much support we rely on immigrant workers in the NHS to keep it going, instead of believing all this doom and gloom over the top terrorism crap why not spend the time thinking of the much more likely positive outcomes, but that's not as much fun and doesnt make for as interesting memes does it? Just looks at the girl who was shot in Afghanistan and how well she is doing.

We shouldn't even be thinking how it affects us, we should be thinking of them first, but if we must be selfish I actually think there are more positives than negatives, we are privileged to be born into this country but that's just it- privileges not rights, we are human first, British second.

These refugees deserve our help. Yes they have smart phones, but take a look at photos of Syria say 8 years ago and take a look at photos of it now. Syria wasn't a third world country, refugee doesn't automatically = poor person, refugee = running for survival.

I hate the them and us mentality that seems to be going around the likes of Facebook, them? Us? We are all human beings, we all deserve a chance at life.

As for the UK issues regarding homeless etc, then people really need to look closer to home regarding those issues, the government has created these problems, not innocent refugees, so why should we turn our backs to these people just because of our governments decisions on budgets?

Reality is, our government have blood on their hands, they provided many of the weapons currently being used in Syria against the innocent people, we owe it to these refugees too help :(

I consider myself blooming lucky to have been born on British soil and not Syrian soil, otherwise those pictures of that sweet little boy could have easily have been my 3 year old :( I can't even begin to imagine contemplating making that decision just to survive :(

What is the problem with Syrians owning smartphones? Have I missed something?
These are all people who had normal lives, just like us once upon a time. If my home got bombed and I had to drag my family to safety in another country I'd still have my phone in my pocket. Infact the one thing keeping me in touch with everyone I know while I'm displaced a million miles away would probably be quite a high priority.

I wonder if all the people who are shouting about the homeless and whoever else is vulnerable and needs help in the UK (not talking about anyone in this thread, I've got a lot of friends on my Facebook suddenly furious about the amount of veterans on the streets, for some reason it's only now they are realising this?) actually go out and do things for charity or to help these people in some way? All mouth, no action.

I wonder if all the people who are shouting about the homeless and whoever else is vulnerable and needs help in the UK (not talking about anyone in this thread, I've got a lot of friends on my Facebook suddenly furious about the amount of veterans on the streets, for some reason it's only now they are realising this?) actually go out and do things for charity or to help these people in some way? All mouth, no action.

I think that is one of the main things bugging me about the whole thing right now, people who generally didn't give a damn about these issues 2 weeks ago are suddenly using them as a reason to turn our backs on these innocent people who simply want to survive :(

I think that is one of the main things bugging me about the whole thing right now, people who generally didn't give a damn about these issues 2 weeks ago are suddenly using them as a reason to turn our backs on these innocent people who simply want to survive :(

Exactly, I'm not expecting everybody to open their front doors, I understand the fear of the unknown especially with our media, but I don't understand this habit of finding every excuse possible to not show empathy to these people?? It's just bizarre, like people are being deliberately obtuse like obstinent teenagers not wanting to follow their natural instincts, wanting an "alternative" view, and always finding holes in the horrific stories shared.

Children haven't done anything for this country, they are born into it not paying taxes, leaching off the NHS, needing education- why should we prioritise them when they do nothing for us right now? These arguments are woolly.

Firstly, chill out, stop stressing. 20,000 is 0.03% of the population, British people aren't going be sleeping next to the Thames with all these refugees taking our houses they are apparently less deserving off.

Secondly, they will one day work, pay taxes and contribute to society. Immigrants (although a separate issue) pay more into the system than they take out, SHOCK HORROR memes and the Daily Fail don't tell you this, yes some take benefits, just as British people do but are paying more into the system, this I suspect will be the same with these refugees in the future.

Thirdly, their children will grow up with a British education and probably much more will power to better themselves than we ever had, they have something to fight for, just think what these children could grow up to be and how they could help our society, just look how much support we rely on immigrant workers in the NHS to keep it going, instead of believing all this doom and gloom over the top terrorism crap why not spend the time thinking of the much more likely positive outcomes, but that's not as much fun and doesnt make for as interesting memes does it? Just looks at the girl who was shot in Afghanistan and how well she is doing.

We shouldn't even be thinking how it affects us, we should be thinking of them first, but if we must be selfish I actually think there are more positives than negatives, we are privileged to be born into this country but that's just it- privileges not rights, we are human first, British second.

That's it. Right there ^ in just a few words. It's so simple.

We are all simply PEOPLE.

im sorry but my opinion still stands as it is. im not judging the whole of a race because of a minority of people, and im not saying we shouldnt help them, i just dont think letting them into Britain will be it, as said they will come and work, jobs that the British struggle to get, i once asked my Asian boss if he would give my OH a job as a decorator, handy man etc. he said no because hes not qualified, although its proven he can do the jobs (not electrical or gas) a week later he hired a foreign guy who had just come to the country, also with no qualifications in that feild of work, he didnt pay him less, it didnt work out any better for him, infact worse because the guy cant even paint. so there (maybe a really crap example) my OH was denied a job that a foreign guy who has no residency to live here then got.
In my prev. job, one friday i was told not to bother coming into work on monday because they cant afford to pay me, i walked past the office that monday they had put 3 foreign people in the office, so i was without a job, so that they could work there.. fair? i think not
no im not saying refugees should stay where they are because of these 2 crap examples, im just saying there isnt enough jobs and homes as it is, not enough jobs or homes to house the people who live in britain, so why bring more people in?? you cant book a room in a hotel if its full can you.

yes im probably quite uneducated but that doesnt mean i cant have my opinions.
NO I AM NOT RACIST and i also dont think im the worst person in the world like you all think i am.

as for my 'country will just be rubble' comment, how do we know they arent going to destroy our country, as ive said before, how do we know what their intentions are. and yes we dont know what intentions are of babies born here, but alot (not all) intentions of foreign people are not to make our country a beautiful and multi cultural place to live, its so they have a easier life while making some of British citizens life harder!
i also dont think its fair to say 'we have tvs, laptops, phones etc they dont' thats not my fault.. the homeless guy who pees and sh*ts himself also doesnt have a toilet, sanitation, a phone, food, tv, not even a poxy jigsaw or a blanket to keep him warm, but we are too busy helping other countries we are instead turning our nose up at the guy who probably worked his arse off, paid taxes and unfortunatley now going through a bad time, im sorry but thats where my sympathy lies. and yes i do something to help if i can, i either give spare change, or last week i bought some dog food for one of them because they had a dog, i also gave him some water and a cheap sarny for himself, i refuse to give to charities in all honesty i may put change in a charity box if its there, i buy poppies, daffodils, and wrist bands and give a poor homeless guy what i can. but i will not sign up to anything no matter what its for.

These refugees aren't taking our jobs at all, In fact refugees can't work while in refugee status!

And worth remembering, where would say the NHS be without people from outside this country coming over to work? We don't have enough doctors, we don't have enough nurse, we would not have a functioning NHS without these people. Seems it's good enough for them to enter the country when the UK gets something out of it, but not the other way around

im sorry but my opinion still stands as it is. im not judging the whole of a race because of a minority of people, and im not saying we shouldnt help them, i just dont think letting them into Britain will be it, as said they will come and work, jobs that the British struggle to get, i once asked my Asian boss if he would give my OH a job as a decorator, handy man etc. he said no because hes not qualified, although its proven he can do the jobs (not electrical or gas) a week later he hired a foreign guy who had just come to the country, also with no qualifications in that feild of work, he didnt pay him less, it didnt work out any better for him, infact worse because the guy cant even paint. so there (maybe a really crap example) my OH was denied a job that a foreign guy who has no residency to live here then got.
In my prev. job, one friday i was told not to bother coming into work on monday because they cant afford to pay me, i walked past the office that monday they had put 3 foreign people in the office, so i was without a job, so that they could work there.. fair? i think not
no im not saying refugees should stay where they are because of these 2 crap examples, im just saying there isnt enough jobs and homes as it is, not enough jobs or homes to house the people who live in britain, so why bring more people in?? you cant book a room in a hotel if its full can you.

NO I AM NOT RACIST and i also dont think im the worst person in the world like you all think i am.

as for my 'country will just be rubble' comment, how do we know they arent going to destroy our country, as ive said before, how do we know what their intentions are. and yes we dont know what intentions are of babies born here, but alot (not all) intentions of foreign people are not to make our country a beautiful and multi cultural place to live, its so they have a easier life while making some of British citizens life harder!
i also dont think its fair to say 'we have tvs, laptops, phones etc they dont' thats not my fault.. the homeless guy who pees and sh*ts himself also doesnt have a toilet, sanitation, a phone, food, tv, not even a poxy jigsaw or a blanket to keep him warm, but we are too busy helping other countries we are instead turning our nose up at the guy who probably worked his arse off, paid taxes and unfortunatley now going through a bad time, im sorry but thats where my sympathy lies. and yes i do something to help if i can, i either give spare change, or last week i bought some dog food for one of them because they had a dog, i also gave him some water and a cheap sarny for himself, i refuse to give to charities in all honesty i may put change in a charity box if its there, i buy poppies, daffodils, and wrist bands and give a poor homeless guy what i can. but i will not sign up to anything no matter what its for.

You say you walked past the office and foreign people were working there instead, out of curiosity, how did you know they were foreign just by walking past and seeing them?

Ok, I have a few questions:

1. First bit in bold - how do you know this? You say it with so much certainty, what makes you sure of their intentions?

2. I find it interesting that you are prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to the homeless man as to how he found himself in that situation "probably worked his arse off, paid taxes and unfortunatley now going through a bad time", but you question the intentions (not even the actions) of people fleeing for their lives. Arguably, he has not contributed to society, is certainly not doing so now, and is probably a drain on the system too (these are not my views on the homeless, BTW). You don't know how he got there, but we should help him, but not, say, vulnerable children, because, what - he's British? He was here first? He's white? Why does human empathy have to stop at the borders? At this risk of being accused of living in "rainbow and unicorn" land again, why can't we strive to help all those in need?

I've just seen our county (cumbria) has offered to take 100 refugees. Does anyone know how to go about offering help?
I remember years ago one of the parents took in a child from kosavo. I'd be more than happy to convert the playroom into a bedroom but I can't see how to offer help.

Ignore, managed to find where to register.

If anyone else wanted to open their homes, you can post a listing on
https://www.homesforsyrians.uk :)

I'm actually disgusted and ashamed to be reading the comments from the local newspaper article. 😐

lets just ignore the worlds worst spelling. Does this picture not make you think about how the people who were born and did something for this country are treat?

i know it was created by someone sat at their computer, but more and more am i hearing that people who were in the army etc. are struggling to find homes because they are all taken, and not all of them are taken by British people!

This picture makes me wonder why there would be an ex soldier out of a home when some MP's are being paid to live in 2.

This picture shows people running for their lives, including many children. One of my friends posted this picture on facebook and my heart sank. This is exactly what the media wants us to believe.

Somebody wrote this and posted it on the main facebook page of my hometown. Seems to have caused quite a stir, so I thought I'd share.

You’re 29 years old with a wife, two children and a job. You have enough money, and can afford a few nice things, and you live in a small house in the city.
Suddenly the political situation in your country changes and a few months later soldiers are gathered in front of your house. And in front of your neighbours’ houses.
They say that if you don’t fight for them, they will shoot you.
Your neighbour refuses.
One shot. That’s it.

You overhear one of the soldiers telling your wife to spread her legs.
Somehow you get rid of the soldiers and spend the night deep in thought.
Suddenly you hear an explosion. Your house no longer has a living room.
You run outside and see that the whole street is destroyed.
Nothing is left standing.

You take your family back into the house, and then you run to your parents' house.
It is no longer there. Nor are your parents.
You look around and find an arm with your Mother’s ring on its finger. You can’t find any other sign of your parents.

~~~~~

"But asylum seekers have so many luxury goods! Smartphones, and designer clothes!"

~~~~~

You immediately forget it. You rush home, and tell your wife to get the children dressed. You grab a small bag, because anything bigger will be impossible to carry for a long time, and in it you pack essentials. Only 2 pieces of clothing each can fit in the bag.
What do you take?
You will probably never see your home country again.
Not your family, not your neighbours, your workmates…
But how can you stay in contact?

You hastily throw your smartphone and the charger in the bag.
Along with the few clothes, some bread and your small daughters favourite teddy.

~~~~~

"They can easily afford to get away. They aren’t poor!"

~~~~~

Because you could see the emergency coming, you have already scraped all your money together.
You managed to save some money because of your well paid job.
The kind people smuggler in the neighbourhood charges 5,000 euros per person.

You have 15,000 euros. With a bit of luck, you’ll all be able to go. If not, you will have to let your wife go.
You love her and pray that you the smugglers will take you all.
By now you are totally wiped out and have nothing else. Just your family and the bag.
The journey to the border takes two weeks on foot.

You are hungry and for the last week have barely eaten. You are weak, as is your wife. But at least the children have enough.
They have cried for the whole 2 weeks.
Half the time you have to carry your younger daughter. She is only 21 months old.
A further 2 weeks and you arrive at the sea.

In the middle of the night you’re loaded onto a ship with other refugees.
You are lucky: your whole family can travel.
The ship is so full that it threatens to capsize. You pray that you don’t drown.
The people around you are crying and screaming.
A few small children have died of thirst.
The smugglers throw them overboard.
Your wife sits, vacantly, in a corner. She hasn’t had anything to drink for 2 days.
When the coast is in sight, you are loaded onto small boats.
Your wife and the younger child are on one, you and your older child are on another.

You are warned to stay silent so that nobody knows you’re there.
Your older daughter understands.
But your younger one in the other boat doesn’t. She doesn’t stop crying.
The other refugees are getting nervous. They demand that your wife keeps the child quiet.
She doesn’t manage it.
One of the men grabs your daughter, rips her away from your wife and throws her overboard.
You jump in after her, but you can’t find her again.
Never again.
In 3 months she would have turned 2 years old.
Isn’t that enough for you? They still have it too good here and have everything handed to them on a plate?

You don’t know how you, your wife and your older daughter manage to get to the country that takes you in.
It’s as though everything is all foggy. Your wife hasn’t spoken a word since your daughter died.
Your older daughter hasn’t let go of her sister’s teddy and is totally apathetic.
But you have to keep going. You are just about to arrive at the emergency accommodation.
It is 10pm. A man whose language you don’t understand takes you to a hall with camp beds. There are 500 beds all very close together.

In the hall it’s stuffy and loud.
You try to get your bearings. To understand what the people there want from you.
But in reality you can barely stand up. You nearly wish that they had shot you.
Instead you unpack your meagre possessions:
Two items of clothing each and your smartphone.
Then you spend your first night in a safe country.
The next morning you’re given some clothes.
Among the donated clothes are even branded ‘label’ clothes. And a toy for your daughter.
You are given 140 euros. For the whole month.

~~~~~

"They’re safe here. Therefore they should be happy!"

~~~~~

Outside in the yard, dressed in your new clothes, you hold your smartphone high in the air and hope to have some reception.
You need to know if anyone from your city is still alive.
Then a 'concerned citizen‘ comes by and abuses you.
You don’t know why. You don’t understand “Go back to your own country!"
You understand some things like “smartphone” and “handed everything on a plate.”
Somebody translates it for you.

~~~~~

And now tell me how you feel and what you own?
The answer to both parts of that is “Nothing.”

https://youtu.be/RBQ-IoHfimQ

I'll just leave this video here... I don't think I can respond to some comments without getting really angry :haha:

CC: the job element, it makes me laugh SO much that people think people from different countries are stealing 'our' jobs. They're getting jobs to support themselves just like any other people. They're people. Just people, like you or I. Getting jobs to be able to better their lives and be able to afford to live. Do you forget how many British people move to different counties and 'steal' jobs? Or how about our elderly that move abroad and don't even support said countries economy? But God forbid if anybody wants to come here from somewhere else to work! Refugees can't even work whilst they're considered refugees anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->