T-shirt idea

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
Small rant time. I am sick of people staring at my bump then at my face and looking like they have stood in something unpleasent especially old women. I have taken to making sure they can see my wedding ring but still they look at me like shit after a very long moan to DH I have made the decision I am getting a t-shirt that says " I have been married for ...months/years and I'm ...months pregnant! DO THE F***ING MATH" with chageable numbers.

Why do people feel it is their right to judge me because I look young (still get asked for ID with tabacco products and rizla??) and have a bump? :hissy:

i get looks also when i walk down the street. I have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old and a big bump. I am 26 and i have been married for over 5 yrs.

My SIL used to get that all the time. She was 22 and married when she had her first child but looked about 16! Even with the big ole rock on her finger she still got disapproving looks!

I think what gets to me the most (please don't get me wrong with this) is the fact that if a girl of 15/16 gets on the bus they don't bat an eyelid but I seem to get the look as though Ive done something wrong because I got married before I started a family?

Is it really that unusual now to be married before having a child? I would have thought it was something to be admired not frowned at for

I was 22 when I got married recently turned 23

Im 26 and got asked for ID in tesco the other weeks when i was buying my mum and dads aniversary pressy, i was a little shocked tbh, im 26, been married for a year and my husband and 3 kids was sat in the car outside waiting for me and ive got a mini bump, i just said, are you joking, she said no, and i said ok, ill just have the card and smiled (i was chuffed as i look younger, apparently):happydance:
I think the funiest one though, i was 8 1/2 months gone and went to spar for some cigs for my sister (i was 18 at the time and the limit was 16) and they wouldent serve me, i just laughed and woddled out of the shop.

It's irrelevant if you're married or not also! I'm sure you didn't mean to offend anyone but I really hate when people think married parents = good parents. My gran asked me when i was getting married when I told her I was pregnant! No thanks!

+ to be honest, a 16 year old can get married in Scotland so.. All marriage is to me is a bit of paper. It doesn't stop anyone being unfaithful what so ever anymore although it does give you a bit more financial security.

i'm so sick of these looks too. Although mine tend to be the glance at my bump, then left hand, then disapproving look. My OH and I are so happy does it matter if we're married or not!
Grr

am so with you, its so annoying... i dont look my age either - went for a head of department meeting the other week and the receptionist wouldnt let me go up to the meeting as she thought i was pranking her and that i was a school student??? well pregnant girls often try to get to meetings........ how annoying about how people judge you all the time. ITS NO ONE BUISNESS ANYWAY

It's irrelevant if you're married or not also! I'm sure you didn't mean to offend anyone but I really hate when people think married parents = good parents. My gran asked me when i was getting married when I told her I was pregnant! No thanks!

+ to be honest, a 16 year old can get married in Scotland so.. All marriage is to me is a bit of paper. It doesn't stop anyone being unfaithful what so ever anymore although it does give you a bit more financial security.

I didn't offend any one by saying married parents = good parents because I didn't say it. You can also get married at 16 in england, wales and Ireland with parent/guardian permission.Also I personally haven't experienced any increase in my financial security since being married and nor would I benefit from being married if my husband should lose his job or vice versa, we are entitled to exactly the same as an unmarried cohabiting couple although I do recall being told that married couples pay MORE tax can't say I've noticed much of a difference though but then my employers have dragged their heels in getting my new name registered with them

I didn't offend any one by saying married parents = good parents because I didn't say it. You can also get married at 16 in england, wales and Ireland with parent/guardian permission

I know, I wasn't strictly referring to you when I said that. Some people DO think that though, and it gets me mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->