Talk to me about Clomid

eegor

Probably in my jammies.
Reaction score
Next cycle I am to start Clomid, days 2-6.

What can I expect?
Side effects?
What's YOUR personal experience with it?
What time of day is the best to take it?

Any info/advice gratefully accepted :)

It's not so bad. It did make me a little extra hormonal so just be aware of that if your emotions are feeling out of wack. The world probably isn't actually falling apart - you're just out of balance. ;) I have heard that clomid mimics pregnancy symptoms so try not to get your hopes up too much if you're having symptoms that you haven't experienced before. One cycle I took it I had the worst cramps of my life.. another cycle it didn't seem to impact me at all.

I would just be aware that you have a new factor coming in to play so give yourself the space to feel however you're feeling. Maybe you'll feel nothing different at all.. maybe you'll feel like a completely different person.

Good luck and fx for you! The cycle I conceived was a clomid cycle. I took it in the morning, I believe. (I can't actually remember anymore.. but it was either morning or noon).

Thank you @Savasanna :) You've eased my nerves a little. Did it make you a little hormonal straight away or after a few days? (I'll more than likely be starting when I have my respite kids, so I'm hoping its after they've gone home!). And thanks for letting me know when you took your dose, there are no instructions for time or with/without food on the chemist instructions.

My Dr didn't really say anything about anything, apart from his concerned of if I produce more than 2 follicles.

If I remember correctly it wasn't immediate, no. And it was subtle.. kind of like PMS. You don't even realize you're feeling hormonal until you start crying because you didn't make it through the traffic light before it turned red (yes.. this actually happened). That was when I was like 'hmm... You know.. I think maybe this isn't actually about the traffic light..'. ;)

Like I said, it's really not that bad. The thing that got me the most was the symptom mimicking. It was my first cycle on it so I was obviously really hopeful and I just remember thinking about how sore my boobs were and my boobs never get sore from PMS. It was a pretty big let down when I got my period that time.

Are you triggering as well? IUI? Clomid does give you extra follicles so it does increase the chances it'll work! Where are you in your cycle right now?

@Savasanna I'm CD21 today. I'm hoping AF will hold off until Sunday next week (or I don't even mind if she doesn't come :baby:), I think I should be due Friday or Saturday though. No, not doing IUI etc. I am too far away from any clinic for any help anyway, I live pretty rural. Prof wanted me to try Clomid as I'm not too far off 43, my last reversal (2 years ago) broke down, and so time is not on my side. I do o by myself, so the clomid is a little kick for my googies. I have to check fol numbers on CD12, 3 or more and I have to hold off any BD for the month. He wants me preggers asap, but not risk any more than 2 babes being a possibility - we have twins in both our families, and we were extremely fertile when we had our other kids.

Ah - well it sounds like you're in good hands and have a plan! Fx and post updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->