Talk to me about Guinia pigs

topsy

Reaction score
Hello

WE are getting 2 on sun, Have indoor cadge and outdoor cadge for summer.

Have sawdust, hay and straw and food and a bowl, house and tunnel!

Do I need anything else, anyone have them?

xxxx

I don't have any guinea advice Tops I'm sorry but wanted to say hi!! Im glad you're doing well and I bet little man can't wait to have some guinea pigs. Xxx

I love guinea pigs, they're such sweet pets. We have two. They have a cage (we move it indoors or outdoors depending on the weather), a run for on the grass, food bowl and water bottle, a couple of wooden bridges which they sleep under, a plastic igloo type bed, a bendy tunnel for in the garden. I line their hutch with newspaper and then hay. We also have a hay rack, a ball with a bell in it which you can put treats in, a salt lick thing, none of which are essential.
They are low maintenance, they just like to have some hay and veggies and a run around really :)

Thank you hun, thats fab info the only thing i dont have is a bell treat toy :) We got them yesterday, they need handling lots to get used to us.

THANK BL youxx

Don't use straw in their cages. If it is the same as rabbits then it can damage their eyes. Lots of hay though!

Sawdust can cause respiratory problems. I think these days it's just paper and hay u are supposed to use. :) other that that I advise keeping them somewhere where they can't hear the fridge opening :haha: I remember as a child my guniea pigs would go crazy when they heard the fridge door. Greedy gits. Handle them often they easily turn nervous if not handled regularly

Sawdust and wood shavings are different. Sawdust isn't allowed but wood shavings are, that's what most places sell.

Congrats on the guinea pigs we have two and I love them to pieces - although they actually hate me.

I try getting mine out most days if possible, they love being in their run for the exercise. There is also a guinea pig magazine which I brought once and it had loads of tips for treat ideas - both food and toys - if you keep an eye out for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->