Tandem or Pushchair tiny purchase info added 30/01/10

Shinning_Star

WTT for a possible no4???
Reaction score
SO I really really like the first wheels travel system, I will have one year old and a newborn in april 2010 (God Willing.) BUT I don't think I'm going to be able to afford it as even second hand they are going up in price. Our budget is kinda 200.00 - 250.00 not much but I know it's possible.
We have seen the cheaper graco tandem I the next graco system up sorry I can't remember the name retails around 229.00 But obvs they're tandems. I didn't originally want a tandem as I don't like the idea of a newborn facing outward, it's not very cosey or securein my eyes.

BUt it may be what we have to have, I'm just wondering on peoples opinions of pushchairs or tandems. Steering, manourevanbilty, weight when older child substantially heavier obvs, be it weight distributed infront or side by side. Ease of getting a newborn out of the buggy in urgency. I also use public transport, although I am in london so allbuses have space for wheels chairs and buggies.

So anyway just wanting peoples opinions, xxx

UPDATE:

THOUGHT SOMEBODY MIGHT BE INTERESTED THAT THE MAMMA'S AND PAPA'S ARIA IS HALF PRICE IN ARGOS RIGHT NOW LIMITED STOCKS AND PRICED AT 122.00 BARGAIN! IF ANYONE INTERESTED! DATE 30/01/10

11 views no comments perhaps I'll try over in twins section.

When i look after my niece and have Katie at the same time i use a side by side buggy. Its a Graco duo lite, excellent buggy, really light and fits thru doorways and aisles.

V xxxx

My stepmum had the normal Graco one, it was lovely. the rear seat lays almost flat and has a leg rest so plenty of space (this was 4 years ago so the only rear facing option we had was carseat so werent used to them facing us) massive basket, lasted til eldest was 3 but we had to put her in the back as the front ended up to heavy so turning was hard we then gave it away so it lasted over 4 years only got rid as got a double maclaren as i had just passed test was only one that fitted in my car. Also if theres only little one in back it can be pushed 1 handed so can hold onto toddler. cant think of anything else.

We have this one
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-aria-twin-city-scape/188248800/type-i/

which is great and was a lot cheaper when we bought it as was in a deal. Its lighter to push than my single and my big toddler fits in it really well. :)

But they do have this one for 195.
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-pulse-twin/102795800/type-i/

Personally I don't think it is as attractive but defo options out there.

I must admit I love the aria, I had it with my son and it was great! I was planning to get this one when the baby was a bit biger as it's the whole outward facing and slightly lower bit that worries me but it is on gthe top of my list right now tbh! I think the cosey toes on these is great!

Ive bought the Out and About nipper 360 twin, after much testing of other twin/tandems. Its great in my opinion :thumbup:. So light and so easy to steer. Plus the seat really does lay right back for a newborn. Ive got buggysnuggles to put in it to make it a bit cosier. I was looking at the Jane Powertwin, but its a bit out of my budget, but if i had of decided on it id have got a 2nd hand one from Ebay :thumbup:. xx ps: I loved the look of the firstwheels too but a mum at the school had it and it lasted all of 3 weeks before she sold it, she said it was the most impractical pram as it was so wide and bulky she couldnt get it into many shops :shrug:. xx

I must admit I've been looking at the out and bout on ebay and thought it looked quite nice and easy to handle.

Is a buggy snuggles a particular brand of cosey toes or something completly different.

I have the Jane Powertwin as I read good reviews on it, but there was no way I could afford it new so I kept an eye out in the papers & online & managed to get a second hand one for £150. It came with a foot muff & car seat too. I wont be using the car seat in the car, just on the buggy, but what I love about it is you can have the car seat at the back facing you & your toddler at the front, or the toddler in the back & the car seat on the front facing you both. I also found it so much lighter than most tandems I tried (some I couldnt lift at all when son was in the front!). Plust I wanted to see my baby not have it facing away so was the perfect solution for me. HTH x

Hun there was a thread recently about double's...hang on

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/239201-mums-2-more-double-buggy.html

Sorry - missed the bit about not wanting outward facing. :(

Don't be daft, I know I may have to change my priorities there is really not much on the market considering the increase in multiple births.

Looks like it is generally inconclusive, lol! All double buggies suck and it's a case of settling with whatever really. I realy like the first wheels but a few people have said it doesn't fit through shop doors.

The trouble is Olivia will be so young she still needs a cosey buggy too, OMG!

I must admit I've been looking at the out and bout on ebay and thought it looked quite nice and easy to handle.

Is a buggy snuggles a particular brand of cosey toes or something completly different.

Yeah, its just a brand. They do some cool designs, but puppabags are almost identical and bit cheaper :thumbup:. (ps: there are loads on ebay that are pretty cheap, new and 2nd hand) xx

The trouble is Olivia will be so young she still needs a cosey buggy too, OMG!

Ive got the same issue, Evie will be just over a year, and shes really tiny for her age, so she needs to be really cosy, which she does seem to be in the Nipper :thumbup:. Are there any nursery stores near you where you could go and sit her in a few to try them out?? Thats what I did :winkwink:

hiya

I have a 13 month old and a 1 month old

I have the contours tandem, I did originally have the firstwheel city mini double, but it was awfull, my oldest looked squashed in it and not comfy at all, and even though it promises to go through normal doors it doesnt

I would go for a tamden , my two both love the one theyre in plus in can be a travel system too

only downside I guess is I imported mine from the usa, they do sell one in the uk like it by a compnay call leebrusse but its £700 compared with the $200 mine cost lol

this is mine
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517KEBR9zHL._AA280_.jpg
mine as a travel system
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qGf3rHmkL._SS350_.jpg
and this is how mine is right now lol
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61FSvevE76L._SS350_.jpg

and this is the leebrusse
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31iuK-iz3IL._SL500_AA200_.jpg

I have used this type of double for the past 6 years, they handle like a single, No trouble with doors or aisles, lightweight compared to others at 10kg and easy to fold down with one hand. Wipe clean leatherette lol, ideal for choc, sick, and anything else. Here's the extra list that comes with it. They are £150, in either pink, light blue or cream

◦Umbrella folding
◦Footrest for rear seat
◦ leatherette fabric,can be wiped down
◦EN 1888 certified.
◦Rear seat goes flat suitable from birth, Front seat suitable from 6 months
◦Rear seat 4 position lie back
◦Removable hood with 2 viewing window and window-flap.
◦Rear double brakes.
◦Swivel front wheels
◦Front seat lie back one position
◦Each seat has a 5-point harness complete with padding.
◦Raincover,shopping basket, hood, cosytoes with fleece,2 bags.apron included
◦Open size:115 X 48 X85 cm
◦folded Size:L 118cmX W 26CM X H33CM
◦Weight: 10Kg ONLY
◦PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW DESIGN OF OTHELLO NOW HAS ADJUSTABLE HANDLES
◦WE HAVE NOW MADE THE OTHELLO A WHOLE 8LB LIGHTER AND IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY THE
◦LIGHTEST TWIN STROLLER IN THE WORLD!!
◦I AT ONLY 5FT 1 AND NOT PARTICULARLY STRONG CAN PICK IT UP WITH ONE HAND!!
◦NOW INCLUDED IN PRICE NEW COTTON LINERS FOR FRONT AND BACK SEAT
◦NOW WITH HEAD HUGGERS INCLUDED

https://www.jusonne.co.uk/x-jusonne-faux-leather-twin-buggy-othellotandempink-748-p.asp

Attachments

• pink-3[ekm]222x300[ekm].jpg
    pink-3[ekm]222x300[ekm].jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1
Mumof5 thats exactly the same as Olivia will be just over 12 months.
Anna1982 I actually love the look of that one, but 700.00 way out of my league I need to have a look for second hand versions I think.

Thanks everyone, I guess I still have 15 + weeks to go to find one.

I wonder how I could get one shipped to UK and how much it would cost. I actually love that look and that price! (the american price.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->