Tassimo for formula!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing something about nestle? :blush:

yes. They once gave their formula to 3rd world countries so the mums milk would dry up, they couldnt afford to keep giving the formula, they made unsterile bottles up with dirty water etc. Horrid.

Oh my god, that's hideous! :nope:

just noticed I missed half a sentence off!

they couldnt afford to keep giving the formula so would mix like half a scoop instead of 1 scoop or whatever with more water to make it last longer :cry:

i was given a leaflet on FF too when i had had amelie on how to make up a bottle and stuff even though I was BF :shrug:

"section, tummy tuck and massage brigade." Not to say it might not also appeal to those people too. But people who formula feed aren't doing it for convenience's sake a majority of the time, which is what a lot of the contention on this thread seems to be about.

The what brigade?! :wacko:

:shrug: God forbid you have a massage!

:rofl:

I think the machines are hideous but people will love them. I imagine they will appeal to the book a date for section,tummy tuck and massage brigade...you know the ones that will like to treat the nanny with a new gadget so no one need get their hands dirty.

What a horrible, judgemental post this is. What a lot of nonsense. I would imagine that it would appeal to people who are FF and be looking to save some time. I cannot understand what this attitude is that saving a few minutes by not mixing formula means that you are abdicating parental responsibility.

When I was expressing I would often use an electric pump rather than a hand pump because I was in a rush. Does my use of a 'gadget' mean that I didn't parent either?

I think the machines are hideous but people will love them. I imagine they will appeal to the book a date for section,tummy tuck and massage brigade...you know the ones that will like to treat the nanny with a new gadget so no one need get their hands dirty.

What a horrible, judgemental post this is. What a lot of nonsense. I would imagine that it would appeal to people who are FF and be looking to save some time. I cannot understand what this attitude is that saving a few minutes by not mixing formula means that you are abdicating parental responsibility.

When I was expressing I would often use an electric pump rather than a hand pump because I was in a rush. Does my use of a 'gadget' mean that I didn't parent either?

:thumbup:

i was given a leaflet on FF too when i had had amelie on how to make up a bottle and stuff even though I was BF :shrug:

I think everyone is given a standard pack arent they? :shrug:

However like I say in hospital and pre birth I was given hours of personal professional help with breast feeding everything from group sessions to one2ones to a consultant trying to help Lo to feed. Which I am sure would have continued well out of the hospital enviroment had we ever got that far with feeding
However once I started to FF there was no one2one help. NO one ever showed me how to prepare/cool/reheat/store/feed/clean bottles. FEed Lo, how much/burping The inofrmation out there is at best limited at worst conflicting. You are really just left to get on with it. Which I think is because you ae no longer fitting into guidlines.

Then I think people start to do their own thing baised on hear say or previous guidlines

What a disgusting thing to say. This is the debate section you know. Where all the forum can read it. You can just call out a whole section of mothers whether you agree with their parenting style or not.

Wish I could have had a tummy tuck with my emergency c section lol

A massage would be odd, you are numb from the waste down

I think my post was not clear. I was referring to the New York extremely rich set who have babies as status symbols with no intention of personally raising them. It is still a rude comment I guess but I find it awful that children are brought in to environments such as that. Some babies are very lucky in that they have a regular nanny for a number of years.

I don't think many regular women could afford the extreme plastic surgeries that go with the designer scheduled arrivals but Tassimo is in most peoples purchasing power. I still think the machine is hideous.

my friends sister is ff and makes up all her bottles the night before. The HV told her off apparently but she told her her mum used to do it so.. :shrug:

I think they say not to do it now as the formula contains bacterias (like live yoghurts do) so it's unsafe and the bacteria can breed? :shrug:

About the C-section tummy tuck, isn't the uterus still incredibly swollen? How the heck do they do that??

I don't see what the uproar is about? :shrug: It's a... gadget. It doesn't mean your some New York living, tummy tucking, nanny hiring bimbo (necessarily), or that you're some awful mother who doesn't care about her baby... it's a formula maker thingy :wacko: Just like a swing, disposable diapers, or pain medicine. I use all of those, and I'm a great mom :)

I don't personally think it would save much time (enough to pay $200 for it), and I don't like what the company has done, so I probably wouldn't buy it. But it is kinda nifty :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->