Tassimo for formula!!!!!!!!!!

I think the product is a great idea to help FF mums, and I can't see how it would make any difference to someone choosing FF instead of BF. Yes, it's a shame Nestle make it, but if it's successful the other brands will follow with their own versions.

I think the OP is going to get a rude awakening in the future when she starts working as a MW. I for one would not put up with such views from a healthcare provider.

breast isnt always best contrary to popular belief.

I really really don't see the problem with this product... the time it takes for it to make up a bottle you could be spending time with your baby. Thats not a bad thing.

Yes it's convenient, but convenience items are there to save time, time you could be spending with your child.

Fair enough to argue about this making you a lazy parent, where is everyone's kids while we're sat arguing on this thread? none of us are perfect even if you think you are, we all need a break, we're all only human. It's hard enough being a parent without judgement about your decisions being made left right & centre.

xxx

Thats fine but i dont think people should delude themselves into thinking formula companies think breast is best :shrug:

I dont honestly think anyone does. Do you? Its abo as true as furniture stores claiming its 50% off. No on believes that either but its all part of marketing

Maybe no one on here (we're all quite educated and interested in regards to parenting or we wouldnt be on bnb) but I'm pretty sure there will be women out there who do.

Thats fine but i dont think people should delude themselves into thinking formula companies think breast is best :shrug:

I dont honestly think anyone does. Do you? Its abo as true as furniture stores claiming its 50% off. No on believes that either but its all part of marketing

Maybe no one on here (we're all quite educated and interested in regards to parenting or we wouldnt be on bnb) but I'm pretty sure there will be women out there who do.

I do remember seeing a mother on some sort of teen documentary I was watching who believe that Aptimil was powdered breast milk :haha:

However I assumed that these people are an extreame minoirty. Least I bloody hope so! :dohh:

Really there isnt that much choice in terms of brands you are really looking at 3. Which if y consider the choice in say butter/bread its nothing. Even just standard cows Milk I can thing of more.

In terms of my pregnancy I attened 3-4 hours of breast 'feeding awarnes' from a breast feeding workshop to antenatal to a meeting with my MW. Before Birth after than I must have had at least a further 4 hours of help with breast feeding and we only got to day 2 before she was on formula.

So I personally think its a good thing that the information is supplied by the manufactors cos really no one else is helping you out with it. I was give no more than 1 hours information about formula feeding. It was through getting information from cow and gate that I foudn the whys and where fors of say making as you go and steralising the powder.

But does it really matter whether formula companies thing breast is best or not? As long as they're saying it, then it's not really an issue.

I do remember seeing a mother on some sort of teen documentary I was watching who believe that Aptimil was powdered breast milk :haha:

However I assumed that these people are an extreame minoirty. Least I bloody hope so! :dohh:

Really there isnt that much choice in terms of brands you are really looking at 3. Which if y consider the choice in say butter/bread its nothing. Even just standard cows Milk I can thing of more.

In terms of my pregnancy I attened 3-4 hours of breast 'feeding awarnes' from a breast feeding workshop to antenatal to a meeting with my MW. Before Birth after than I must have had at least a further 4 hours of help with breast feeding and we only got to day 2 before she was on formula.

So I personally think its a good thing that the information is supplied by the manufactors cos really no one else is helping you out with it. I was give no more than 1 hours information about formula feeding. It was through getting information from cow and gate that I foudn the whys and where fors of say making as you go and steralising the powder.

That reminds me of that program we have here, misbehaving mums and the girl actually said she smoked because it would make her baby work its heart so it would be stronger :dohh:

But does it really matter whether formula companies thing breast is best or not? As long as they're saying it, then it's not really an issue.

I don't know. i don't suppose it does.

eek!

TBH I know absolutely nothing about formula and wouldnt know where to start with making up a bottle :dohh:

It actually really annoys me that they can't give impartial advice on ff. It was the mws at the hospital who encouraged me to swtich, and then wouldn't give any advice. I never considered formula, so had no clue where to even start. The water in our area isn't suitable for babies to drink (even when boiled) and they couldn't even advise us on which water would be best and what to do with it etc. I think it's ridiculous actually, that ff mums aren't entitiled to any advice whatsoever.

eek!

TBH I know absolutely nothing about formula and wouldnt know where to start with making up a bottle :dohh:

Im not saying its rocket science but its most certainly more complicated than I thought it was. There are all sorts of things you can do wrong. All sorts of guidlines that your meant to stick to, but some people dont, then they change every 5 years so you dont ever really know if your doing the right thing for your Lo. Its a frigging minefield!

The current guidline being make as your going, using boiling or near boiling water which you then obviously have to rapid cool before feeding lo. Which can be aything up to 15-20 minutes. While youve got a lo there screaming to be fed. If you are feeding on demand, which you are told you should be etc

Tbh anything that makes that easier on parents I think is a good thing. However like premade forumula this gadget seems to becoming with a price tag average people would struggle to afford to meet

i had no idea what to do first time I gave seth formula, i used packets coz I had NO idea how to make it up, then the first time I did it my dad had to show me how :dohh: felt like such a divvy!! xx

my friends sister is ff and makes up all her bottles the night before. The HV told her off apparently but she told her her mum used to do it so.. :shrug:

The first bottle I made was a disater, I was lucky it diddnt make Rhys ill

My first bottle was an 8oz of formula (ready made) which I think I made at 5am and was still giving him at 7pm :rofl: Not refrigerated or anything... I was BEYOND clueless. Mine was always sick, geez, I wonder why.

They have changed it so much, when my niece was born they said all bottles could be made up and then put in the fridge when I had the girls and they were discharged from nnu I was told they had to be made up one at a time.. I just made up all 12 bottles and left them on the kitchen side and added the powdered formula when I needed it.. My HV said if I wanted to do it that way it was ok lol.. How mad, I actually had a really cool HV. She had her own children and just explained what she did, she didnt force anything on me.
My girls had their milk cold, they very rarely drank a warm bottle.

my friends sister is ff and makes up all her bottles the night before. The HV told her off apparently but she told her her mum used to do it so.. :shrug:

Well this is the thing. As little as 7 years go you were meant to make them in batches put them in the fridge and then heat them up. Now if you do that your practically feeding your lo straight bacteria (supposedly)

I think the guidlines have changed again since I had Lo.

So everyone seems to be doing thier own things aswell. So like I say yu never really know if youre doing the right thing. I believe is is simply because there isnt enough acurate simple information available until it is essentially too late.

The first bottle I get to Lo was a disaster I thought she would just take as much as she needed. However because she has been starved for a few days she drank WAY too much and projectile vomed all over the room. No one shod me how to burp her. No one showed me how to sterilise or even how to make up a bottle. TO how much I should be feeding her. Its madness. Obviously I went and sought all this information myself however. NOt everyone would do that

They changed it loads didnt they. I used to boil the water and put in sterilised bottles to cool and then add formula as needed over 20 hours x

See I did it differently, add the powder to boiling water shake and leave in the fridge till needed

I used to make them up during the day as needed as lo was really regular in her feeding so I knew that shed be hungry 30 mins before she was, So id go make a bottle

But during the night I sterilised bottle left it to cool added powder then heated it up. Which I now understand is against guidlines.

Thats my point though. Everyones doing different things as there is no clear simple information on it. Because they have to encourage breast feeding at all times

Thats terrible. I understand why they dont talk about FF to pregnant ladies at antenatal classes but after the baby is born, i dunno why they cant? If the woman has already made her choice anyway :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->