Tassimo for formula!!!!!!!!!!

I was lucky I stayed in the Birthing Centre with my LO's after they were born and it was like home from home, they helped me with bottles, steriliser and nevr once made me feel bad, they told me all I needed to know and I am so grateful so that help and open minded advice x

When Rhys is at Nursery they put the powder into cooled boiled water when needed

To be honest im glad im almost done with the whole formula thing

Thats terrible. I understand why they dont talk about FF to pregnant ladies at antenatal classes but after the baby is born, i dunno why they cant? If the woman has already made her choice anyway :shrug:

Well they can. But if you think of the amount of contact you have before birth compared to after. Then also you MW visit isnt till 24 hours after you get out of hospital sometimes longer. Even then its about weight length etc. The only help my midwife gave me about bottle feeding is telling me to wake her in the night every 4 hours to feed. Cos she slept for 6 hours the night she came home from hospital

Then the information is limited at best. Maybe because all the training is aimed at bhelping with breast feeding? I dunno. Or al the brands of sterilisers are different, different brands of milk

They dont even tell you about having to change teats! I had to do huge amounts of researd about that. As the brand of formula I was using was only suitable for a vary flow teat. :nope:

I was tempted to make up a FF support group in our area!!

I had to ask like 3 different people if I was making up a bottle correctly.
Was I doing this that or the other properly. It's horrible and it honestly felt like there was no support out there for me at all!

I think a lot of peers offer incorrect advice becauses thats how thier sisters mothers uncles did it and 'they turned out fine'.

I still dont know if I did the right things to this day. As like I say nly 7 years ago the adivce directly contradicts what they tell you to do now

Was I doing this that or the other properly. It's horrible and it honestly felt like there was no support out there for me at all!

I actually think there should be ff support groups. If they have them for bf, then why not ff?

It really isn't right that ff mums don't have access to information and help, when at times it can be harder/difficult in different ways to bf!

I actually think there should be ff support groups. If they have them for bf, then why not ff?

It really isn't right that ff mums don't have access to information and help, when at times it can be harder/difficult in different ways to bf!

I comeplty agree that there is a need for FF support and education

Before people get into or even hoepullfy start 'bad habits' Just because they have heard through peers that it wont harm Lo

we actually got a leaflet at our antinatal classes about making up formula & the 'rules'surrounding it but I was naive & had made my decision so I just threw it :dohh:

Good idea although it wasn't discussed at the meetings. But at least the info was made available xxx

In the books that you get after giving birth there is now a whole chapter on formula feeding and making and sterilising bottles ect. Also how to safely stop breastfeeding. I think they have to do that now? :shrug:

I must be really lucky where i live because the information I was given was excellent on BOTH sides. I was offered info on FF & BF (I was undecided right up until the very moment I first held my son) and I was given a whole bunch of standard leaflets to read after my son was born, including safe prep of formula, popular brands, the different stages & even a little paragraph on what to do if you suspect a cow's milk allergy & symptoms like constipation to look out for, and the importance of burping etc. It also included leaflets on BFing (or course) and there was even a little print out of the 4 major shopping areas where I live (Hampshire) and where has the best Bfing facilities if you dont want to feed in full public, which was a life saver for me since it took me 5 months to get the courage up to NIP and would either take out little cartons of ready made formula or frozen EBM with me so i didnt have to NIP if I couldn't find somewhere I felt 'safe' doing it. When i was in the hospital, the majority of us there chose to BF, but one lady i got chatty with was FF and she was given lots of time from one of the midwives answering all her questions on FF, sterilising, the discomfort in her boobs etc, and i was actually pretty impressed with how impartial everyone seemed to be... i think FF is also in the 'Birth to 5' book you get given by your HV too, plus all the helplines out there run by the formula companies themselves, but maybe it's worse in some areas compared to others?

(sorry i know that has nothing to do with the OP, but it was carrying on from what i've read in the last few posts).

Here, the BF chapter in the health booklet from the hospital is about 26 pages long, the FF section just has a note to call your doctor for more info if you want to know about FF.

And unless I'm missing it, the same health booklet Baby's Best Chance website doesn't even have that much
https://www.bestchance.gov.bc.ca/you-and-your-baby-0-6/caring-for-your-baby/

^^ This is the same info we are given at the hospital.

it's a shame. How can we as mothers be expected to make an informed choice if we are not presented with all the information and facts needed to make such choices and where we can go in order to get support if we are struggling or need some extra advice? It works both ways for Bfing and FFing. i know sometimes it's hard because there is SO much info out there that condensing it all down into an easy to read format for a tired just given birth mum must be really hard, but still....

God damn this is like banging my head against an ignorant brick wall!!!!!!!!!

In other words because you don't have 500 replies thanking you and stating they agree they're all ignorant?
How ignorant are you?

Bloody Nestle...
Now that I have that out of my system, why is this in the BF section? What is the point? It's for FF parents, not BFs...

It was obviously posted in the BF section in hope everyone agrees with her, :rofl:

I didn't get one of the books :nope:

I wasn't even told what to do in hospital when I asked for a bottle. Just got given the milk and a screw on teat and off I went.

I had loads of problems too and the midwives didn't have time for me as i'd taken the 'easier' option, so it should be straightforward?

Yeaaah right!

I think the machines are hideous but people will love them. I imagine they will appeal to the book a date for section,tummy tuck and massage brigade...you know the ones that will like to treat the nanny with a new gadget so no one need get their hands dirty.

If anyone is serious about understanding Nestle - it won't take long to look up the stuff they get up to. They regularly break the law but they are always given time periods to redeem themselves. Their lawyers will argue points and delay action and more violations are carried out. It helps to be a big company with big money. You can do just about whatever you want.

I think the machines are hideous but people will love them. I imagine they will appeal to the book a date for section,tummy tuck and massage brigade...you know the ones that will like to treat the nanny with a new gadget so no one need get their hands dirty.

From this thread, they seem to appeal to people who like gadgets and other people who formula feed but would also like a time saver. Those people don't seem synonymous with the "section, tummy tuck and massage brigade." Not to say it might not also appeal to those people too. But people who formula feed aren't doing it for convenience's sake a majority of the time, which is what a lot of the contention on this thread seems to be about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->