tattoos during pregnancy?

ashnbump

Mum to Kara & Pregnant!
Reaction score
im not planning n having another tattoo yet (i already have 5!!) but is it safe to have one during pregnancy if its not on the belly/lower back area? i would like to have a little one on my wrist/ankle but obviously i would never want to harm my LO! anyway, just wondering! xxxxx

i dont think their are many places out there that will tattoo a preg woman hon,
i dont think it could actually harm your LO if its not on you stomach etc as it doesnt actually get into the bloodstream, but i think most places wont do it cos of the risk of infection

No. It is illegal for an artist to tattoo you knowing that you are pregnant (in scotland anyway, unsure about England). Theres soooo much about blood pressure etc they wont touch you because of legal and health reasons (I work in a tattoo studio). Being tattooed raises your nerves and blood pressure as it is.

Home tattoo artists (scratchers) might be willing to but actual reputable studios will not.

I wouldnt advise it - the risk of hepatitis is too high to even consider doing it during pregnancy xxx

I dont think it causes harm to the baby but yeah its illegal for them to perform a tattoo on pregnant women, they wouldnt take the risk. I was going to get one early this year but now im pregnant guess ill have to wait a bit longer :( lol

xxx

I wouldnt do it, I would wait until the baby is born

I wouldnt be getting a tattoo while I was pregnant! I would just wait until the baby has been born!!

thanx guys, i wasnt planning on having one during my pregnancy, it was just because someone at work was asking me about my tats, and if i was having anymore, and i did say that i didnt think you could have them during pregnancy, i wasnt actually planning on waddling into the tattoo studio lol! me and my OH are going to have matching ones of our little girlies name, but thats going to be a good 5-6 weeks after she's out lol! TBH i dont think its a wise idea to be tattooed whilst ur preg anyway, as of all the risks that tats can entail, my LO is more important than anything else in the whole universe and i'd never be selfish enough to put her at any kind of risk - mummys tattoo addiction will be fed after the birth lol! xxxxxx

i had my last one when i was about 6weeks pregnant, but that was about 4days before i found out, i dont think i would have gotten it if i already knew though, and you know it took aaaages to heal much longer than any of my others andi ts only tiny, on my wrist, x

your more open to infection when your pregnant, along with the change in blood pressure its not worth it big fat massive no no

just wanted to add..that it may be perfectly safe for baby but not for the new tat. for the same reason you should not drink before getting a tatoo. you would bleed more and tatoo ink may bled out too much. i want another one soo bad but have to wait til babies are born anyways as i want their first baby footprint tattoo on top of my feeet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->