Tax credits and smp

rubysmum

Reaction score
Just rang tax credits to tell them I'm due to go on mat leave from the 5th o december and all was good apprently they change it now cause of how long is left of the tax year the first 100 of all your mat leave isn't taxable income so effectively im only earning 28.50 a month she said it's for 28 weeks smp just checked online it says 39 weeks for smp that's right isnt it so confusing last year when I was on mat leave obviously didn't have to change any thing like this apparently 2 weeks ago they had been over paying me Which is ridiculous cause all the money I ever got off tax credits went on my daughters childcare why is tax credits so confusing lol xx

They really are a pain in the arse! I've never really understood how they work it all out but I'm looking forward to getting a bit more money once bubs arrives - we're going to need it, SMP is just a joke! X

Im not gonna ring them, gonna wait til april and when I renew I know I will have earned a lot less than they predicted so hoping for some money back off them :) xxx

Im not gonna ring them, gonna wait til april and when I renew I know I will have earned a lot less than they predicted so hoping for some money back off them :) xxx

Didn't think of that one they are a nightmare though one person tells you one thing and another another I'm just worried about the 28 week smp she was on about it's 39 weeks so don't know if she
Meant 28 or 39 I'll ring them back when I get
My head around it all x

sorry but this is confusing me...

do I need to call tax credits?

You need to ring them to say theres another baby when they're born but Im not telling them im on mat leave until June or whenever it is when you have to give them your annual wage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->