Tax credits/work

Rose_red

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was just wondering if anyone has a good knowledge on this. I'm due to go back to work in October, but I'm not sure how many hours to work for it to work out best for us financially?
My partner doesn't work at the moment, so I was assuming I would have to go back full time, it's just hard to work it all out iykwim.

Any help would be great thx x

For working tax credits, you have to work a minimum of 24 hours between you. So if your OH doesn't work, you need to do the full 24 hours. (I think anyway, I know they were bringing it in & I'm positive it's in now).

When I worked 40 odd hours a week, I recieved £50 a week, now that I've reduced my hours, I get 80 a week (work 30 hours a week now). There is an online calculator that you can use to figure it out, or you can call tax credits and give an example and they can give you an estimate.

have a play about on entitled to and see what it throws up although tbh the actual amount of hours are only relevant in that HMRC want 24 between a couple before you get wtc. the actual amount of wtc will heavily depend on how much you earn and not how many hours you do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->