Teacher gifts

wildflower79

Reaction score
What gifts are you getting for your kids teachers this end of term? I need some inspiration ...

Normally a bottle of wine but it gets expensive as i buy the TA too one year i had 9 to buy... this year im thinking of making a hamper for the staff room (nice coffees, hot choc, biscuits etc)

This year DS's teacher is pregnant so I got her bubble bath, face masks and wax melts, his SfL got a colouring book and pencils (after we were speaking about them so I knew she liked them), DD's nursery key worker got chocolate and wax melts and some other staff that have helped got 'chill pill' shower bombs. :)

Also his teacher from the start of the year had to leave early so I got her a bunch of stationary for in class.

I just get chocs for teacher and ta, normally from home bargains and the kids always make a card for them as well more so than buying them, feel it's more of personal touch, some parents go mad at my school Pandora charms etc x

Usually some chocs and a card however my eldests teacher is awesome and we are making him a 4d picture with scrabble letters, wooden apple, school pens etc in it!

DD1 has had the same teacher since nursery . Teacher moved with them from nursery to reception . Few mums have put together to get a keepsake off the children . Also getting wine chocolates and a little something else for the teachers . She’s only had 2 teachers this year.

Always have mixed emotions this time of year . Sad that the times gone so quick but happy and proud she’s done so well.... sorry went off thread then lol .

I’m sure they will appreciate what you buy them ! Your idea is great Wobbles

DD1 had 3 teachers last year. 2 main which alternated days and a TA who helped everyday. I bought them all a large jar candle, a potted plant and a card in a nice bag.

This year she has 2 but main is 4.5 days a week, so I will only be buying for her. As she likes reading, maybe a metal personalised bookmark and something else.

Bought all mine today:
Card + gift bag
Frame from poundland - made a word cloud which I've printed
Aloe Vera plant in a watering can - she's Scottish and ginger, always reminding Ava to wear sun cream as she's ginger too lol plus it may come to use in this weather.
Ruler bookmark from poundland with her name on
Dark orchid and patchouli candle from Next

FgC72Vu.jpg

I usually get them vouchers from M&S. I know it isn't very imaginative but at least they can get something they really want with it. :shrug:

My daughter has two teachers and two tas. Two of them are leaving too so we got a little artificial plants and she wrote a message on the pot.
Dd2 has another year at nursery so I'll get them all something special next year!

Quite pleased how mines turned out although i was planning on some magazines, hand lotion and some sweeties in a jar but never got chance. The wine is for the office lady thats leaving. In the hamper is-

2 beanie flavoured coffees
Tea bags
Hot choc
Cream
Squash
Marshmallows
3 diff big choc bars
Selection of biccies
Hand wash

Attachments

• 20180719_173733.jpg
    20180719_173733.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
wow that is so generous, it looks like you really took time to put this together and I am sure they will love it :)

Ah thanks... im going to get them to make a card for their individial teachers tonight too x

They both look great 😀

I ended up just going with a bar of nice chocolate for the 5 teachers and TA's that DD wanted to get something for. She wrote and decorated a little thank you label to go around each bar. I also wrote a thank you card to her main teacher.

It might not be the most extraordinary present but a gift basket with some things like colourful or metallic Sharpies, interesting paper, some good pens, washi tape, things like that could be useful.

It was so easy and fairly quick apart from drying time for glitter and spray varnish. I know you can buy them but it was ace she made it herself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->