Team 2011: Our Updates

Hi girls, hope your well.
Im suppose to be spending less time on here, but habits are hard to break!
I asked 3 close friends to join my sister in being my bridesmaids yesterday & they said YES! :happydance: YAY!!
So I have 4, too many for a small wedding, but DF is having 3 groomsmen & I couldnt just choose 2 of girls & leave 1 out - I wouldnt know who to leave out. So I gonna have to figure a way to afford it.

Look at my ticker - crap I dont have long!!!

Haha, yes this site is addicting, eh? I have grown to love it! YES, you need to get on some serious wedding planning! Please share details with us as you make them. I love weddings. I had a blast planning mine.

Quick update:

For those of you preggo ladies, not on the other thread...I am heading to the fertility doctor tomorrow morning. I am really excited. I'll let you all know what he says.

xoxo, Minne

Haha, yes this site is addicting, eh? I have grown to love it! YES, you need to get on some serious wedding planning! Please share details with us as you make them. I love weddings. I had a blast planning mine.

FAR too addictive!!
Ive turned my TTC journal into a wedding one for the next few months.
It gives me a good excuse to come on here & quickly 'browse' over everything else.:winkwink:

Babydreamer, I second what MinneGirl said about wedding advice. :mrgreen: My wedding preps are still fresh, so whatever you need, give us a shout! Especially wedding dresses! I've come to know all wedding gown designers on planet earth! Finally decided to go for a Benjamin Roberts one. If you need to see more pix I can send you my facebook.

Membas- ooh, how exciting! :happydance: I'm sure your friends and family were absolutely delighted. Don't forget to tell us when you find out the sex.

:flower:

Babydreamer, I second what MinneGirl said about wedding advice. :mrgreen: My wedding preps are still fresh, so whatever you need, give us a shout! Especially wedding dresses! I've come to know all wedding gown designers on planet earth! Finally decided to go for a Benjamin Roberts one. If you need to see more pix I can send you my facebook.

Membas- ooh, how exciting! :happydance: I'm sure your friends and family were absolutely delighted. Don't forget to tell us when you find out the sex.

Oooh I know nothing about designers!:nope: Im not very clued on when it comes to fashion :dohh: I dont even own many good pieces of clothing, but then I live in the middle of the country with a pub called the 'rat hole' (sounds fancy huh :blush:) so dont have much need for them.
I would love a beautiful expensive dress, but I think I could only afford a cheaper version.

Oooh I know nothing about designers!:nope: Im not very clued on when it comes to fashion :dohh: I dont even own many good pieces of clothing, but then I live in the middle of the country with a pub called the 'rat hole' (sounds fancy huh :blush:) so dont have much need for them.
I would love a beautiful expensive dress, but I think I could only afford a cheaper version.

Oh absolutely! I'm not a 'designer' person myself, not at all. I think it's custom to talk about 'wedding dress designers', which you can find in all prices. Apparently because they are a special kind of dress. But it's not the same designers you'll find in the High Street shops or Manhattan Fifth Avenue and such. Prices start low and can get as high as you want.
:winkwink:

Me too LaRockera!!! I will post a pic of me and my hubby on our wedding day too. Or maybe its time we became FB friends? :)

:hi: all. quick update--had 12 week ultrasound today--well, we had the 1st trimester screening done for Down's Syndrome (which also helps to rule out Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13--both much worse). So part of that is ultrasound, part bloods. The ultrasound cracked me up....that baby was all over the place...she had to wait forever for him/her to get in the right spot for the NT measurement, which is this little line of fluid in the back of the neck--our fluid measurement was 1.4mm, they want to see under 3.0 I think--so yay! Doctor said all looked perfect. Bloods come back Monday and then I'll get a 1/XXX chance report on chances baby has Downs. With good ultrasound they pretty well nearly rule out the other more severe trisomies. So that's good.

Posting photos in my journal here in a bit.

CW--for what I took before conception--folic acid and multivitamins, along with Evening Primrose Oil--all of these started about 3-4 months before we TTC. I also drank raspberry leaf tea, ate lots of protein, and took cod liver oil (which we have taken for years). Right now I pretty well just take Folic Acid. The multivitamins upset my stomach so I just eat a well balanced diet instead and drink lots of milk :) After first trimester I plan to stop the folic acid, as risk of neural tube defects is in first trimester (pretty well in the first month). Some continue FA throughout pregnancy, we've opted not to--and I'll get folate from food. That's pretty well what we did/are planning to do.

~M

That's all good news, Membas! We're so very happy for you. :hugs: Let us know when you know the sex!

Babydreamer and MinneGirl- details sent. :winkwink:

Well hello ladies!!! Have been super busy lately, but have been thinking of you all and have missed talking with you all. My DH sister and her husband moved so we have been spending quite alot of time there helping out since she is 9 months preggo and can't so much.
I had my 12 week appointment on Tuesday 9/7, it was very fast. I got to hear the heartbeat again, it is just so amazing! And alot of swoosh noises, the Doctor said that was the baby moving. It was funny we would hear the heartbeat for a few the swoosh swoosh and have to find the baby again. he/she was all over the place!
Membas: Very happy everthing went well at the 12 week u/s-testing. My dh and I have decided not to have these test done, so unfortunately we didn't get a 12 week u/s.
Babydreamer: So super excited for you and your DF! I just love the ring it is beautiful. My dh and I had originally planned on having a small wedding, but that didn't work out so well, it was like well if we are going to invite this person, then we have to invite this person. 200 people later, goodbye small wedding.
Minne: I can't wait to hear the results for the fertility clinic, although I know everything will be absolutely fine. I have also been checking in on the other site and it sounds like you and larockera have hit the mark for this cycle.
Larockera: after reading the other site, it sounds like you and dh bd'd at exactly the right time. And as you said, the battalion is in full force:haha::haha::haha: The gelatin cm that you were talking about, I had as well, I wasn't sure what it was but it wasn't a bad sign because here I am!!!

Dragonfly, welcome back, we missed you honey! So glad to hear everything went well. :hugs: You ladies make sure you enjoy every minute of your pregnancy, and let us know the sex as soon as you know! :happydance: And thanks for your support and cheering. We did try our best, so I guess we'll see how it goes. :shrug: I'm not keeping my hopes up tbh, and trying not to think about it (although it's impossible!).

Oh, I got the samples from our wedding photographer today! So exciting! :happydance: I now get to choose the pix for the album! As soon as they send me a cd (not cycle day :haha:- yes, yes, I'm being silly again) I'm putting them on facebook!

Babydreamer, I forgot to tell you! :dohh: You are aware that there is a wedding section in BnB, right? Voila:

https://www.babyandbump.com/bride-beyond/

Hope you're all having a great day. Fx for MinneGirl, I'm anticipating her results!

:hug: hi Girls!

I put an update on the ttc thread, but for the rest of you, the appointment was fine. All of the tests will be performed next month, because you need to start on CD3, which obviously I am passed. I feel great to know there is a plan if need be :) I loved the Dr. He was older, maybe 60 with grey hair and has been doing this for a long time-he was so knowledgable. I feel like we are in good hands. Thanks for thinking of me! :hugs:

Dragonfly, I have missed you, girl. It is hard to believe you are 12 weeks along!!! Do you plan to find out the sex? Are you showing at all? Do you feel sick or did you at any point? I feel like I missed your whole first trimester! Please update us when you can.

:hug: hi Girls!

Dragonfly, I have missed you, girl. It is hard to believe you are 12 weeks along!!! Do you plan to find out the sex? Are you showing at all? Do you feel sick or did you at any point? I feel like I missed your whole first trimester! Please update us when you can.

I know it has gone by pretty fast. When looking forward I feel like it is forever away, but when looking back it's hard to believe it's been 12 weeks already. I have not gotten sick at all, in fact I really don't feel pregnant other than massive and sore boobs:haha::haha: I have been super tired during the day while at work, but once I get home I get a second wind or 1st wind because I feel as though I have much more energy. I have not been sleeping through the night for like the past week. I have been tossing and turning so much and that wakes me up and I swear my boobs hurt so bad I feel like they are foing to fall off when I wake in the middle of the nigh, but they are fine in the morning so I can't tell if I'm dreaming or if they really hurt. Also there has not been one night this week that I did not have to get up to go to the bathroom, once I do that I'm wide awake and takes me like an hour to get back to sleep. Other than those very minor symptoms, everything has been wonderful!!! I can not wait to find out what we are having. Our doctor doesn't do another scan until 21 weeks, I 'm not sure I can wait that long so I am trying to talk dh into a private scan. We shall see!!!

Awwww, happy to hear it is going so well and uneventful :) Yes, I'm sure 21 weeks sounds very far away! I guess in the US that is pretty normal though, huh? I have no idea what to expect. I don't venture to 1st tri ever...:) Keep us updated!

Hi girls, how are you all?

Minne - thats great that your appointment went well.

Dragonfly - HI!! that must have been fantastic at your scan, I also cant believe its been 12 weeks already!!

Well I am up way too early for a Sunday, I was so so tire last night but couldnt get to sleep, DF has another case of eczema(damn winter) & was scratching all night, so Ive only had about 4 hours, I could go back to bed, but I would have to get up in an hour for work & I probably wont wake up properly then so I would end up being late. FX this is my last Sunday!

I have no interesting news, I had a great time visiting my parents, my nephew is 9 months old & I hadn't seen him since June & he doesn't look much bigger to me but oh how his face has changed again! He use to look VERY much like me & my siblings did when we were babies but he is now looking much more like my SIL, its amazing how much they can change!

I've found the thread! :happydance:

I've been updating my journal with all my pregnancy stuff.

In other news, I have an internal interview tomorrow, which I'm nervous about. We're also off on our holiday in a few days - can't wait to get away and spend time with DH. :thumbup:

How's everyone else doing?

Hi guys,

Mrs. C - where are you off to on holiday? Good luck tomorow:)

Membas and dragonfly - glad you had good appts!:thumbup:

Dragonfly - that is interesting about not really feeling preg - good for us symptom spotters who may not being feeling much in the tww - can give us hope!

Membas - that was cute with the baby moving about so much - kinda like she knew they wanted to catch her! Thanks for the info on what you took/are taking.

Moscow is in the middle of a lovely indian summer - so nice after the awful hot - smokey - smogy choking mess it was not so long ago.
When I came back from the US it was like a different city from the one I had left.

CW

Hi ladies--a frustrating day for me at work, so trying to decompress...probably will let the tears roll when SO gets home. Hopefully I'll get over it before then and move on.

Otherwise things are moving along here. Staying busy it seems and beginning to get overwhelmed with wedding plans now. Or at least overwhelmed with the idea of all that needs to get worked out--the little details. Tired alot at the end of the day--some nights don't even really see SO much as he gets home at 8 and I'm in bed by 9...but I need to rest or i'll become non functional at work.

Hope you are all doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->