*TEAM 2012 BABY*Beans in our bellies by the end of 2012 ! **88 BFP's**

Antsy - Here's hoping we get our BFP's!! What is EPO? What's it supposed to do?

I really HATE temping lol. But I figured it couldn't hurt for a month.

Hey all,
Wanting some advice on getting started properly with the TTC next cycle after my holiday. Been off the BCP for 5 cycles now and my cycles are either 27 days or 40+ days. Any idea whats been going on during the long ones? Could i be ovulating on the 27s but not on the others?
How should i get started with temping and OPKs? Thinking of buying some cheap ebay ones. Should i start it on CD1?
Sorry a lot of Q's but i really want my 2012 baby!

Hi Bump2B - in regards to temping it won't really matter when you start - eventually you will have a month of full data.

You just take your temp at the same time each morning and before you get out of bed or even talk. Use FF (www.fertilityfriend.com) to track your results.

This will help you easily pinpoint ovulation.

I have no idea why you are having shorter then longer cycles.

OPK's you can either use one a day or two a day from the day AF leaves or one a day until about 3-4 days before you think you O. If you have no idea when you O better to use two a day (morning and night) so you don't miss the surge.

Best of luck! :)

Thanks ANIE! :)

@JEN- EPO=evening primrose oil. Its a vitamin that you take daily. got it for $6 at walmart. It gives you more abundant cm... and lots of ewcm... or so i hear... I figure chances are better with a more fertile enviroment!...

After having no af since aug 15 I just got my :bfp: I'm on :cloud9: So excited yet so scared!! Please please please let this one stick!! I have no idea how far I am but I'm guessing its not very far!!

Congratulations :) That's such exciting news :) :hugs::happydance::flower:

Hi Bump2B - in regards to temping it won't really matter when you start - eventually you will have a month of full data.

You just take your temp at the same time each morning and before you get out of bed or even talk. Use FF (www.fertilityfriend.com) to track your results.

This will help you easily pinpoint ovulation.

I have no idea why you are having shorter then longer cycles.

OPK's you can either use one a day or two a day from the day AF leaves or one a day until about 3-4 days before you think you O. If you have no idea when you O better to use two a day (morning and night) so you don't miss the surge.

Best of luck! :)

Perhaps a silly question - usually, I am quite good at reaching for the thermometer right when I wake up... even if I don't have to get up yet. Is it bad, if I just doze off and then take my temp around the usual time, instead of my first wake up?

congrats skeet!!!!! awesome news! H&H 9 months x

Well still no AF here! yippee!!
i dont feel like its coming either and temp was still high this morning so looking good!
trying not to get my hopes up but we are about to start doing further testing with a FS so this would save us soooo much money!!

got everything crossed for that BFP!!

:):)

well my positive this morning on the $ store brand looked more like an indent..I didnt think it was positive..then i took the frer tonight and got a clear :bfp:

Hmmm see this gives me a little hope too.. I took one this morning but its very similar to last nights.. cant tell if its pink or just the indent line as u say..will wait a few more days maybe even a week before doing another.. i dont want to be disappointed if nothing comes up on the frer and cant really afford one as I say.

TheAnie thanks!! Im not normally so hopeful about things but I just feel so poorly that if this isnt it there must be summat up with me!!

Thanks Antsy - I think in the uk they dont examine you while bleeding..

Jen - evening primrose oil can help with cm and regulat your cycles.. i did read it shouldnt be taken after ovulation tho as it messes with your hormones so could potentially harm a pregnancy or make it less likely..

Good luck all its so lovely to have the old crowd back online hehe xx

Lol the old crowd! Us ttc veterans :p cycle 7 for me can't believe its taking so long...
6dpo today and got the tiniest of tiny spots on my knickers sorry tmi so maybe imp bleeding?
Don't want to get my hopes up too much but you never know... xxx

Well guys the day of my appt has come... In about 3 hours :/ ahhhhh! I went to bed last night with a pad and woke up and it was dry and clear, AF HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! It would have been awkward for someone to look at my vajayjay wilst bleeding so im glad. I havent actually started the epo yet. i was told to wait until ur period ends...so im glad you said something about it JOSEPHINE. Ill talk to the doctor about it today! WISH ME LUCK EVERY ONE!!!!

ROSA, GL with those still high temps, looks good! FXD! :dust:
JOSEPHINE, get a FRER or something and :test: asap!! FXD!:dust:
FXD! ANIE!!!
SKEET, I have responded on other threads but it is only appropriate to do so here as well. CONGRATS!!! :happydance: wishing you a H&H 9 mos Hun!
ANTSY, glad you didn't push your appt back. GL and keep us posted. AS for the EPO, my fert doc said to take it from start of AF until OV....
BUMP2B, my adivce ($.2) start temping/charting ASAP. You can click my chart and sign up for free. As for the OPKs, as mentioned, it is good to start those 1-2 days AFTER AF has ended, and POAS between 12pm-8pm. FF will really talk you through charting so I think that is a great site. GL :dust:
BUB, now you know better Hun! You should take the temp that you got first as it is assumed you slept at least 3.5 hours undisturbed. If you napped and it was 3.5+ then you can use that. But temping has to be undisturbed. Use the adjuster to help you. GL!
:wave: ILOVEMYSEABEE, GL. I am sure ANTSY has you added allllready!
KITCAT, hang in there Hun! I know how you are feeling, I don't even really know what cycle TTC this is for us anymore, after the 2 yr mark, we stopped counting.... It WILL happen! :dust:

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Chart is coming together just as I hoped even after being sick, OV looks to be around the corner and "donations" are just about complete. Sure hope the SMEP is working well. OPK looked almost dark as the control this morning as it did yesterday morning and last night, hoping tomorrow with a temp shift, it will indicate OV! I am sure OV is very near by no more than a day!! SMEP continues, another donation Wed and Fri! Then.... I wait.... I "plan" NOT to SS this cycle, decreased it last cycle so maybe I will decrease it more this cycle if I SS at all. GL FXD! :dust:

Ooooh kitcat that sounds hopeful!! fx'd it is implantation have you had anything since??

Mrs.MM thanx again I may have to wait a while tho, only got 2 tests left dont want to waste them!! Will try and wait till at least friday. Do you see anything on the tests??

If I am pregnant i just think that it wont show for a while yet, maybe i will be one of those unlucky ones who doesnt get their bfp for weeks and weeks.. I have finally confessed to oh how I feel, and he thinks Im crazy.. (no surprise lol) but he did poke my belly earlier and I've caught him looking at it/touching it a few times so maybe he has noticed its got bigger too... i dont know if this is a symptom but i suddenly have dry skin on my ankles, calves and under my boobs!! also dry lips been having them for a week or so.
Iv now almost completely stopped smoking/drinking too just in case! (mind you this is NOT helping my moodiness!!)

Antsy - good luck at the appointment! I finally bit the bullet and booked in my day 21 progesterone blood test - iv never had a blood test before argh scared!!! I hope that if I havent found out by then (its the 28th oct) then maybe my progesterone level will come back high and they will suggest pregnancy.. I hope.

Ooooh kitcat that sounds hopeful!! fx'd it is implantation have you had anything since??

Mrs.MM thanx again I may have to wait a while tho, only got 2 tests left dont want to waste them!! Will try and wait till at least friday. Do you see anything on the tests??

If I am pregnant i just think that it wont show for a while yet, maybe i will be one of those unlucky ones who doesnt get their bfp for weeks and weeks.. I have finally confessed to oh how I feel, and he thinks Im crazy.. (no surprise lol) but he did poke my belly earlier and I've caught him looking at it/touching it a few times so maybe he has noticed its got bigger too... i dont know if this is a symptom but i suddenly have dry skin on my ankles, calves and under my boobs!! also dry lips been having them for a week or so.
Iv now almost completely stopped smoking/drinking too just in case! (mind you this is NOT helping my moodiness!!)

Antsy - good luck at the appointment! I finally bit the bullet and booked in my day 21 progesterone blood test - iv never had a blood test before argh scared!!! I hope that if I havent found out by then (its the 28th oct) then maybe my progesterone level will come back high and they will suggest pregnancy.. I hope.

Not a drop. It was so weird I've never had just one drop of spotting before. Now all evening I've been having cramps and occasional stabbing pains in lower abdomen... v strange!
Got a kind of suggestion Jo... a friend of mine was sure she was preg last year but kept getting af and bfn so she basically pretended to be in agonizing pain with her stomach and went to a & e saying g she thought she was pregnant and having intense pain. They took her in and scanned her and hey presto...17 weeks preg... might be worth it if all else fails in a few weeks time ? Xx

Hmm the one spot thing is odd, it sounds like a good sign for you tho fx'd!!!

Maybe it might be worth it yeah but Im not a very good actress lol id feel really guilty.. plus no-one belives me anyway and i dont drive so who would take me? lol. do you not think the uk docs would give me a blood test? Thing is im not sure id believe that either!! I must be insane.. argh. maybe i am actually just mad and giving myself these symptoms. its a possibility i suppose.

Does anyone know anything about progesterone levels in the uk and what is what?? I have read that uk and us use diffrent system. there was a post about it around here somewhere but i cant find it..

Honestly from my experience with doctors they have never taken me seriously when it comes to ttc. They will urine test but if that's neg then that's it... no chance of a blood test unless you want to put your hand in your pocket.
What do you want to know about progesterone levels? How they test them or why or what the levels should be? If I know your specific questions I might be able to help...
By the way its so lovely to chat to you again :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->