*TEAM 2012 BABY*Beans in our bellies by the end of 2012 ! **88 BFP's**

I have been on metformin on and off for 10 years and right now i am still on it. It does help you lose weight mainly if you eat carbs or sugar, it will send you to the bathroom. I used metformin and low carb to lose 50 pounds in 2009.

I am on 1000mg twice a day. And a lot of women with mild PCOS think its a wonder drug. My SIL got pregnant on her own just using metformin. It helped me regulate my period when I got closer down to my ideal weight.

I have insulin resistant PCOS and its the top medication for it. I will find out tomorrow if I am getting off of metformin in a week or if they suggest I stay on it through the pregnancy. I am actually partial to staying on it since I am worried about gestational diabetes.

But I would rather move forward so I would not go on b/c. Clomid made me crazy and gave me more cysts, but metformin can help not only with weightloss, it can regulate your period.

Thats a HUGE help! were you ttc the entire time you were on metformin? when you say regulate... do you mean an actual 28 day cycle? or regular for me?

I was TTC for the last two years. Before that, I was on metformin since I was insulin resistant and it helped me with my weight.

For me, if I was off Metformin and had gained weight, I would have a period maybe once every 4-5 months. When I was on Metformin and closer to my normal weight, I would have more periods on my own. Last year, I had 8 periods which was a first in a long time for me. Some times I needed provera to help me get a period but it was a heck of a lot better than going 4-5 months without one.

The more weight I lost, the better regulated I got.

Claire85 i understand what you are feeling because i am going through the same thing. My younger sister and brother are both parents. And everyone seems to get pregnant except me. I have 3 baby showers to go to next month.

Had an HSG done on CD8. Am actually now on CD10. The HSG was so painful i would never want to go through something like that again (except giving birth:happydance:) Good news, my tubes are patent. yyyyeyeyy! I wanted to jump up and down but the pain would not let me.

Now am on antibiotics for 6 days and glucophage. I have been taking the glucophage every day since last cycle. The nausea is so bad but its a small price to pay when i think of holding my baby in my arms :hugs:

Still having discharge from the HSG and wondering how am going to bd. DH says no since he saw the pain i went through during HSG, he was with me in the room. I will convince him somehow :winkwink:

Hoping to ovulate in the next few days and praying that my year ends well.

I want to join the team 2012 because i feel that it has good luck and everyone on the forum is so caring and there for each other.

Lets go Team 2012!!!!!!!

:dust:

AFM: I'm on CD9 and this morning I noticed a possible spotting of EWCM- I thought "isn't this a bit early?" But who am I to judge ;) DH has had a cold for about a week, and has said he doesn't know if he'll be up for anything. I'm thinking some lingerie, and a candle light back massage might change his mind, no? \\:D/

I had some EWCM on CD8. So it's a possibility. I didn't O then but it was EWCM. I'm thinking there's a possibility it was left over from my last cycle. Now that my periods are lighter I'm aware that I produce EWCM during my periods. Don't pass up the EWCM though! Just in case!

Welcome to those who are new to the 2012 thread!

AFM, this cold is going to kill me man. We DTD last night. And let me just say, the sexiest sexy time ever with my red runny nose and coughing. haha, I don't know how I'll get through tonight.

OMUK- Welcome to the group! I haven't been here for very long, only a few weeks myself but this is an awesom and supportive group. I hope that you begin to feel better and am glad that everything is looking up for you!

THEANIE- I'm going to try not to pass up the EWCM :) DH hasn't been feeling great but I am hoping to be able to seduce him later haha. My cycles are only 27 days so anything is possible. I am going to try to DTD every other day for the next 10 days or so. Really hoping for a BFP by the end of this year. I hope you're feeling better!

CONGRATS to all the :bfp: !!!!!!

AF came early but im just happy she came. got my donation schedule all worked out. DW thinks im going to get preggo on the first try. so here's hoping :happydance:

GL to all those trying this month:thumbup:

Random thought my friend has insulin resistant PCOS as well, could that the m drug help her?

What I was told...
My insulin was high, but my blood sugar was fine. If it take metformin than it will lower my insulin which will allow my hormones to get to normal and it will also cause me to lose weight, which will ultimately (more than likely) clear up the pcos.
--- i mean its worth looking into

What I was told...
My insulin was high, but my blood sugar was fine. If it take metformin than it will lower my insulin which will allow my hormones to get to normal and it will also cause me to lose weight, which will ultimately (more than likely) clear up the pcos.
--- i mean its worth looking into
Definitly :D My good wishes are going your way

I have never had any problems with my blood sugar at all. I just tend to keep weight on me and without the help of metformin, its a bitch to lose. That's how I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was 17 and did not have a period for 10 months and couldn't lose any weight.

For IR PCOS, its the best medication out there. The original treatments back in 2001 were bc but my Dr put me on metformin. Its the first drug they try when you are TTC with PCOS (especially IR PCOS). Metformin helps other fertility drugs work better as well.

I definitely think Metformin was one of the contributing factors of me getting pregnant along with Femara and the HCG shot. On Metformin alone, I would randomly ovulate but my body was so unpredictable, I could never catch it. Thats where the other drugs came in.

Now that I am pregnant, I have stayed on Metformin because it has been shown to lessen the chances of miscarriages in women with PCOS. I think I will ask the OB if I can stay on it until after the glucose screening at 28 weeks.

READYFOROURBABY- GL! I hope that you get your BFP in your first cycle. We were NTNP for about five months with no luck, I started tracking everything mid-cycle last cycle and this is my first cycle being completely aware and paying attention to EVERYTHING. I am really hoping to have BFP in December :)

AFM: Nothing much has changed. We DTD last night, WCM... Just have to keep on trying over the next week or so. Hopefully DH gets over this cold so he has the energy ;) Poor guy fell asleep on the couch afterwards last night :sleep:

I figure ill let this go for 3 months... get serious about temping, get ic opks as well as digis if im unsure and if nothings happening--- bring on the fertility meds!

Welcome new members! good luck here!

Antsy hope it goes well for you whatever meds you choose, i think you're wise to let your body try a bit longer naturally first, hopefully it will get the idea! I think i would like to delay treatment a while longer too.. the more natural the better i think!

But hey, if it works for you..

I think you're being very sensible researching the different methods and trying to let nature take its course before rushing in to anything!
AFM...8dpo today and feeling dandy :) might try a cheeky test tomorrow morning ;) xx

Hi Ladies! :wave:

JEN, that chart is looking good for OV today... so it is good that you got the DTD in last night, I say try to get a couple more days in until OV is confirmed!!! :dust:

AFM...Not much on this end, anxious, CD11. First donations begin on CD16, CD17, CD20, and CD21.... Thanksgiving threw it off a little, but my OV days have been CD17, 18, and 21 and the average of the three is CD19. Watching my chart closely and willing to squeeze in more donations if they become avail.... :paper: continuing temping, charting, WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

:headspin::yipee::loopy:

HCG is 1,700!!!! WAHOOOO!
Gosh I really think that this time could be it!
I've never been over 150 before when I was at 5wks.
I looked on a chart and this number falls in the 5wk range (I'm only 4+1 according to the dates) so it looks really good.
I can actually be excited now!

:headspin::yipee::loopy:

:happydance: FUTURE this is alllll good to hear!!! I am so extremly excited for you!!! CONGRATS! Looking like a H&H 9 mos ahead of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->