~*Team 2012 Baby*~ ladies arriving from our TTC #1 Team 2012 find your friends here!

Aw that's really cute! I think that we will get E a "Big Brother" shirt to wear on Easter and let our parents figure it out. I was considering sharing on v-day too, we saw the HB on the Thursday before I think... but I just decided I wasn't ready to tell yet! I don't really know why.

This baby is due on our 5th anniversary! Eek.

the moment I found out, my hubby was away at my mother's house so he got the call. Then I raced to Carters and got the big brother shirt and then skyped my mom. She was worried because I had called her since hubby didn't answer his phone. She wasn't home though. When she got home, she called and I told her I wanted to show her Doyle's new shirt. She was thrilled. Then I skyped my dad and he saw the shirt. Hubby's parents were told that weekend when we saw them. We had to be sneaky since we went to hubby's sister's house and we weren't ready to to tell anyone but the parents.

I had my second midwife appointment today and they couldn't find baby's hb on Doppler, so they had me do a quick ultrasound to make sure everything was okay. Baby was just moving around like crazy and the Doppler couldn't catch it! It was so neat to see since I didn't have any ultrasounds until 19 weeks with my first. And the hb was 171. I'm still thinking girl!

How's everyone else doing this week?

I hope after the end of my allergies going haywire I will FINALLY be feeling normal again. Glad the 12 week mark is tomorrow. I still have to wait 3 weeks for an ob appointment thanks to moving and changing insurances. I am anxious to see an ultrasound or hear the heartbeat again. Hoping the next couple weeks go smoothly and then the second trimester goes by faster than the first trimester did.

I'll be glad to be out of the first tri too! It has been rough. Hopefully the next couple weeks go by quickly for you, wanta!

Not long until we find out what you're both having - so exciting!!

Thanks to the move I will almost be 15 weeks at the next appointment in April so hopefully the baby is cooperating and we can see what we are having. I am pretty sure they will want to ultrasound me since new doctor and all. If not, at 16 weeks I am going to a 3-d place and finding out. I can't wait until 20 weeks to see!

So many congrats and great news. JM congratulations!

Sorry I have been MIA, Ben has become the worlds WORSE sleeper day and night so we have been fighting that for weeks now. I haven't had much time to do anything besides tend to his cranky butt. However we are doing sleep boot camp starting today so hopefully I can fix this. lol

He is sitting on his own, crawling everywhere, and into everything! It amazes me how much faster he got into that stuff compared to Laila. Laila is growing in leaps and bounds and is a great big sister. Things are going to get a little crazy around here because we are going to be moving in a few months but I am going to try and pop in here to check in and check on everyone.

I have the NT scan next Monday (3/23). I didn't have one with my first, but I decided to go ahead with it this time around. I'm kind of nervous. Did you all have that one?

Oh, also - my midwife prescribed prometrium (progesterone supplement) for me because I went into preterm labor with my first. I started taking it last week and so far, no major side effects. I was really worried it was going to make me feel terrible, so I'm glad it's going ok so far.

I had a scan at 12 weeks for both. Not really for the NT but mostly because I wanted to see the baby. But it was good to be informed anyway.

I think in the US they only do a scan at 12 weeks for the NT scan unless there are some other reasons to do it. So far I've had the two at my midwife practice already, but this NT scan is at a special ultrasound place with more advanced equipment I guess. And they also do a blood draw to test the DNA on the same day. Argh! I'll be glad to see baby again, but it's so nerve-wracking.

Oh, that sounds far more intense than our standard scans! They always do bloods (although not at the scan place, we have to go to a separate pathology place for that) throughout the pregnancy here.

Well I had the NT scan yesterday. Everything was technically within normal limits, but the NT number was at the high end of normal. I don't have full results back on the blood portion of that test, but I also opted for a more complex blood test and had more blood taken for that. I should know full results on both by the beginning of next week.

Thanks for keeping us posted likeaus! Let us know when you get the results xo

Ahhhh! (That's a giant sigh of relief!) The NT results came back within normal levels. They don't have results back on the more comprehensive DNA test yet, but they should have it early next week. So many happy tears lol - Pregnancy hormones!

Hi ladies my phone finally let me on woo! Hope u are all well i bet iv missed so many births and pregnancy announcements! So jamie is 9 months already where does it go! Hes still not sleeping thru the night tho which is wearing thin but other than that and permanent colds we are doing well. Hope to be on more to catch up with u all xxx

Likeaus - Wonderful news! I had the NT scan with both kids but I forget all the other tests I had done. I know I did a genetic test with Ben that I didn't with Laila due to there not being a NICU here and my OB pushing for it, ended up with a panic until my hubby was able to get tested and drop our risk for something. Ugh not fun at all.

So my son was assigned a new doctor and in doing that I finally got one who agreed to let me try Xantac to see if his colic has been due to reflux. And its night and day. He is happier, sleeping, less fussy, and over all a more content baby. He started standing this week (I know!) but only if he is holding onto something and he can pull himself up. I caught him taking a couple cruising steps but he hasn't done that much since. I think he want's to feel more steady. He has had a few bumps but he's a tough little guy!

Laila has become more independent and really showing off all her skills. She has learned to count to three and she tells you about that all the time. We have also started night time potty training this week and its been going pretty well. Just a little more difficult to gage from daytime since she's sleeping, but all in time.

Armywife - so glad to see you found some relief for your LO's reflux. It can be so hard on them (and us).

The DNA test I had done was called Harmony (other brands are matertint21 and panorama). I also had cystic fibrosis screening done at my midwife's, but that was weeks ago now and I think they would've called if there was a problem. I think that's the one that can be changed if your partner is also a carrier of the gene, so maybe that's what you had? I will find out for sure at my next mw appt at the start of April though.

I made it! The move is almost done! Just time to unpack. And my stomach totally popped and it looks like I am 5 months pregnant instead of just 14w3d! 9 days until next appointment. Still suffering from allergies and mucus from hell. Hoping being in the 2nd trimester gets easier.

So is that everybody with either 2 kids or pregnant with the 2nd? We really all have come so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->