~*Team 2012 Baby*~ ladies arriving from our TTC #1 Team 2012 find your friends here!

Crazy eh Jo?! Wondering whether the trend of one of each will continue too!?! ;)

So glad your move went well, wantanerd! I can't imagine moving now. I am still so sleepy all the time!

I am still waiting to pop. I just look a little fat lol, which is about the same as before I got pregnant. I started out 10 lbs heavier this time around, argh! Last time I didn't really look round until well after 20 weeks though, so it'll be interesting to see if it happens earlier this time.

I'd love one of each! I should find out this coming week. :)

I hope to find out at my ob appt on the 7th! Lets hope baby cooperates!

Well we are bucking the trend. It's a boy! And 1/10,000 risk for the trisomy disorders. Whew!

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news! Two boys is going to be so amazing :)

Armywife - so glad to see you found some relief for your LO's reflux. It can be so hard on them (and us).

The DNA test I had done was called Harmony (other brands are matertint21 and panorama). I also had cystic fibrosis screening done at my midwife's, but that was weeks ago now and I think they would've called if there was a problem. I think that's the one that can be changed if your partner is also a carrier of the gene, so maybe that's what you had? I will find out for sure at my next mw appt at the start of April though.

Yes! It was the CF test. I didn't know I was a carrier but hubby wasn't so we got the all clear. After getting it my mom informed me I had a great aunt who had it but she didn't even think about it at the time.

I keep dreaming this one is a boy as well. We will hopefully find out on Tuesday, if not we will go for a 3-d ultrasound the next week. I can't wait till 20 weeks to find out!

I was honestly SHOCKED when the genetic counselor said boy. (I found out through the Harmony DNA test.) I was convinced this baby was a girl! lol Hope you get to find out next week!

We told my inlaws yesterday at easter and my MIL said "why'd you keep it a secret so long?!" Fortunately this was to my husband and I didn't hear it firsthand. He explained that it's pretty standard to wait until after the first trimester and that's what we did. She said "that isn't necessary." I'm so, SO glad I wasn't there for this because I would've killed her.

We told my inlaws yesterday at easter and my MIL said "why'd you keep it a secret so long?!" Fortunately this was to my husband and I didn't hear it firsthand. He explained that it's pretty standard to wait until after the first trimester and that's what we did. She said "that isn't necessary." I'm so, SO glad I wasn't there for this because I would've killed her.

What a weird thing to say! You're allowed to keep it to yourself as long as you want!

Yeah, that's my feeling too of course. She doesn't seem to know when to keep her mouth shut. But what she said is exactly why we chose to keep it to ourselves this long. And why we won't be telling her it's another boy until after the birth, because all they could say yesterday was, "I hope it's a girl this time!!" and "I'm sure it'll just be another boy..." Ughhhh they make me so angry! Why can't they just be happy?!

No dr appt for me tomorrow =(. Stupid dr didn't tell me what exactly they needed from previous dr. They didn't say I needed a full ob work up for them to just give me an appointment. So with this Dr I have to wait until the 7th of May for bloodwork, another week to see the dr and another week after that for the anatomy u/s.
I have been to tons of doctors and when I have gone to a new Dr, I give them the old doctor's info for them to get the records. Never have I had to get them first. This is so frustrating! I just want to see a flipping doctor! Things shouldn't be this hard. Hoping I can talk to my old dr, get my records rushed to a new obgyn I found and hope to get an appointment sooner than may 7th.

Oh I know, why do people always have to say things like that? You get what you're given!!

My SIL is having another boy but before she knew what she was having she just kept saying 'Oh I don't want to have a girl! UGH, I just couldn't deal with all the pink'. Like, what? You'll have an abortion if it's a girl?? And now she just goes on about how awesome it's going to be having two boys and she's so glad she's not having a girl. Sometimes I feel like she's trying (unsuccessfully) to make me feel bad about my situation. Like having a boy and a girl is sooo lame. People...sigh...I just don't know. :dohh:

wantanerd - ugh, that sounds like such a pain! Why is it so complicated?!? I really hope you don't have to wait until the 7th!!

Honestly I was hoping for a girl, but that doesn't make me any less excited about another boy! I just wanted to buy cute girly clothes lol. And I'm sure my LO will love having a brother! The comments just make me so annoyed. And my FIL is like "you promised us a girl!!! I hope you come through!" Really? I'm pretty sure I didn't! And I'm also pretty sure I have no control over the sex of my baby lol.

Ughhh wantanerd that is so annoying! I'm sorry you have to wait even longer. :( You'd think a new OBGYN would want you in ASAP so they could make sure you're getting appropriate prenatal care. Are you feeling okay at least? Everything going ok?

Everything is going okay. I am getting an ultrasound on monday just to determine gender but it will give me some piece of mind to see my little one. We still have one more move of our storage goods into the house and that will happen on friday. I hope to be really settled in a few weeks.

I am feeling loads better than I was in the first trimester and all the allergy and breathing issues are doing better now that we are in FL. I guess I was really allergic to Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->