(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Congrats, Devi! Can't wait to see pics. Glad you seem to be doing well (at least well enough to post a BandB update) :)

MM and Tinkerbell--thanks for sharing pics of your handsome boys with us! I'm so happy that everyone made it through OK.

I hope to be joining y'all soon! I'm ready.

Joli--great bump pics. Re: the vag stuff, I have that too! The other day it felt like something was stuck in there, and I thought my mucus plug might be making its way out, but that didn't happen. Now I have some pain in there when I walk, sometimes sharp and sometimes just like achiness. I wonder if this means I'm dilating? Maybe it's just from extra pressure? Who know...

I'm going to try to post new bump pics today. I keep saying I don't know how I will get any bigger, but it somehow keeps happening. I've stopped worrying about the stretch marks now. Seems like a lost cause :(
I'm feverishly rubbing the cocoa butter skin therapy oil on 3-4 times a day and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, but maybe it will help get things back in shape post-baby.
I realized I'm looking at like 75 lbs to lose. Boo. I was already 20 lbs above where I wanted to be, and I'm up another 55 lbs since being preggo--how is that possible??

TTYS :)

Here come the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woweeeee!!!! :wohoo:

Tink...What a cute bundle Theo is and just LOOK at all that gorgeous dark hair!

MM....Charlie looks so tiny but so alert and grown up in his face. So perfect...awwww.

Devi....I knew the instant I guessed pink, I would be wrong - I always am! :haha: Glad you got to have him on your birthday. He will have a lot of answering to do for making it do difficult for you these last weeks! Can't wait to see pics.

CONGRATULATIONS DEVI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!!!! Wow, this has been such an exciting few days for us on this thread!! Devi, does he have a name yet?

Hibiscus, Ladybird, GG and shortly followed by 2016 - ready or not, D-day is coming for us!! :happydance:

Hibiscus - I will ask my doc tomorrow what the feeling is - I don't really feel pain so much, but I get sudden pressure but it's gone within a few seconds - maybe it's the baby engaging. I'll let you know what I find out!! One other thing I've noticed today is that the baby does seem lower and it's slightly easier to breath tonight, so I think our babies are getting ready to make their appearances!! Don't worry about the weight, it will drop off really quickly once you're breastfeeding. I have put on 5 pounds in just the last 2 weeks, so I know baby's on a crazy growth spurt (together with my appitite!). I have lots of growing stretch marks on my hips from when I was a teenager, but so far the only pregnancy stretch marks I have is where my skin has thinned where my belly button piercing normally is - it's slowly getting bigger, so I'm going crazy with the oils too! I've been using Bio Oil my whole pregnancy and I've started putting vasaline on the stretch mark line - might be stronger stuff for you to use rather than cocoa butter?

Devi and Mommymichele..... Congratulations on your boys! Yay! Can't wait to hear what you've called Pandu Devi and I hope you are recovering well after your section hun. Mommymichele.... Charlie is a handsome blond little man! So small too! I hope your section went well too and that you are recovering and starting to heal now!

Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments about our little Theo. I'm sooooo in love with him! DH and I are off to my pregnancy yoga and active birth class tonight to show Theo off and tell our birth story.

Our boys are all really good with Theo and are staying at my parents' house this week to allow me to recover a bit. I miss them though :(

oooo hib im so sorry I forgot about you and clairenicole you guys are before joli eeek *slaps wrists"

Oops me too, slapped wrists for us both!!! My case of baby brain is getting worse, sorry ladies x

Hello everyone! I spent the weekend in MN and had my babyshower and look what happened!!!!

The babys are so cute!!!!!!!! Congrats Tink and Devi and MM!!!!!! All boys!!!!!! Where are all the girls at?!?!?! The pictures are so cute!!!!

Joli- I don't even want to go into what my downstairs feels like half the time... it sucks! But your bump is so cute!! thanks for the pics!

Yeah everyone seems to foget about me!!! I only have 4 weeks left too lol! BUt I feel like I could go at any time :D EEKS!

Spent my day putitng together the changing table and working in the babys room! we got SO MUCH STUFF this weekend!

Tink...just noticed that your second son's bday is 2.3.09 and Theo is 23.09. I love number matching (nerd) coooooool! :thumbup:

Thanks girls. We have named him Arjun!! He is an angel. Feeds like a champ aggressive sucker. Yay. Love him so much. Oh and belly is flat again! Looks weird though. Lol. Going home in a few hours.

Devi - I love the name - does it have a special meaning? Tummy is flat? - do you mind me asking whether the skin is really loose? Are you going to use a belly wrap?

Had a check-up today and baby is now 5.72 pounds! Gonna be a big one! He's not engaged yet though, but is in head down position. We had another prenatal class today and DH learned how to swaddle and change a nappy, it was so cute watching him with the doll - and when he learned to swaddle, his comment was "hey, that's not so hard, it's just like wrapping a fajita!" - men! :rofl:

Devi what a cute name!!! and i'm super jealous that your tummy is flat again!!!

MM- seriously Charlie looks like hes months old already!!! His features are so grown up!! and hes so handsom!!!

I'm off to the dr... hopefully we get some AWESOME pictures from this ultrasound! its around that time! :D

Aww, Devi, that's great! I LOVE the name. And I want to know about the flat belly, too!

I just had my 36 wk appt today. Found out that my strep B culture was negative, thankfully. My fundal height is 38 cm! I didn't think that was possible. I just looked at a chart and it's above even the 95th percentile for 39 weeks. Argh. I hope baby drops soon.
I asked about the sizing scan next week and wondered what we would do if it indicates that the baby is like 9 lbs or something. She said they won't induce no matter what. Ack! I was hoping they would and she said they will never induce simply because the baby is large. If we get to the labor stage and he looks like he's 10+ lbs, then they would assess whether it looks like my body can handle the delivery and, if not, offer c-section as an option. Ugh.
This is all hypothetical for now, though, since we have no idea how big the baby is. However, a 38 cm fundal height makes me wonder!!

Joli--5.72 lbs sounds large for 35 weeks. Isn't it?? I guess these things can be off by a pound or two, right?

Devi...what a great name for your little boy! Had you picked names all along or just decided when he arrived?

Hibiscus...the more I talk to people, the more it seems those growth/weight measurement scans are inaccurate. I know someone supposed to have a 10lb plus baby and he was born 6 pounds - and vice versa. The hospital round here won't even bother with the scans anymore. :shrug:
At our ante-natal classes at the weekend the mw had said that small babies often cause more trouble than the big ones anyway because they can get themselves into more awkward birth positions. The weight also doesn't give a clear indication of how big the head is...and that is the real issue when giving birth! The head size of a 7lb baby and a 10lb baby can be very similar. The 10lb baby could just be taller or have a chunky abdomen.
Whatever size he is you WILL manage and he will be perfect. :flower:

Can anyone tell I have just come from my yoga/hypnobirthing class? Don't know what they do to me but I have gone from fearing and dreading labour to looking forward to it! :haha:

Tink...did you find their techniques coming in handy for your birth?

ooo 2016 I start my nct course on monday so hoping I start looking forward to labour..

hib I agree with 2016 those estimates are more than often wrong, my cousin just gave birth to a 5lb 12oz baby who was supposedly nearer 9lb's

Hibiscus - 5.72 pounds is heavy for a 35 week baby, but our baby has been big right from the very start - the doc says that his head and torso isn't unusually big or anything, he's just a looonnnggg baby! haha In Hong Kong, if you're going to have a 10lbs + baby, then they always ask if you want a C-section, in fact, something like 40% of women here have a C-section as a lot of the Chinese like to pick an 'auspicious' day for their baby to be born. Interestingly, in our prenatal class, we were told that having a bigger baby makes labour and delivery easier than a smaller baby, as bigger babies have more weight for gravity to work with, so their deliveries tend to be faster. The lady teaching us is really interesting, she's German and has worked in Iran for many years as a midwife in some very rough conditions.

2016 - I'm totally looking forward to the whole labour thing (must be the prenatal yoga classes too! haha). Ever since my surgery, all my fears about labour and pain have totally gone out of the window - I'm just ready for it now!

I definitely think the yoga and active birth classes helped to prepare me
for labour this time. Mentally I was extremely anxious, this can make your body tense and this is not good for labour as you really need to relax to allow your baby to come out! That's where the water helped for me as the warmth and the weightlessness relaxed my muscles and allowed me to birth little Theo quickly and without the need for drugs or medical intervention. I'd say practice what you've learnt at home and write the important things down and read them regularly! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->