(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

hibiscus: yay!! 9 weeks already, seems so quick, double digits are exciting, almost out of first tri then! I'm good, have a lot of stomach acid...threw up most of what I ate yesterday but I'm pleased to be puking so far, makes me hopeful. :happydance: How are you feeling now?

Only mildly nauseated today, don't have much of an appetite for anything healthful. I tried eating lunch and couldn't stomach it, so I ended up eating a piece of red velvet cake and some strawberries. I actually feel pretty good now! Haha
The major symptoms I've been having over the last few days are complete and utter exhaustion, nasal stuffiness (like 24 hours a day), and I get out of breath quickly. My OB NP called Friday and reported that I'm mildly anemic, which is not a surprise since I have been before, so I started iron supplements over the weekend. I'm hoping that will help with the breathless feeling. Even just talking with people, I notice I feel like I'm out of breath. Not very pleasant. I'm not sure how long it will take for iron supplements to actually start creating new red blood cells, though. I looked online and I saw estimates from a week to 120 days! That's a big range. I hope it's not 120 days.

I'm sorry you're throwing up, but you're right that it does make you feel like things are going OK. I bet your hCG is rising quite rapidly. Did you get your latest hCG result yet?

I hope the iron takes effect quickly for you, 120 days does seem far too long. I think it will probably help a bit with your tiredness as well. Is breathlessness a common symptom of anemia? I haven't gotten the results back from friday...getting quite impatient and I've run out of people to phone about them. when did the exhaustion set in for you?

I hope the iron takes effect quickly for you, 120 days does seem far too long. I think it will probably help a bit with your tiredness as well. Is breathlessness a common symptom of anemia? I haven't gotten the results back from friday...getting quite impatient and I've run out of people to phone about them. when did the exhaustion set in for you?

I hope so, too! I believe the breathlessness could be related to the anemia, or I guess it could just be because I think our blood volume increases so much during this time, our lungs and heart might have a hard time keeping up. I guess I'll found out soon whether it's having an effect.

I actually didn't start feeling super tired until about the last week. I mostly just felt nauseated from 6-7.5, and then right at 8, the exhaustion became the most prominent issue. Are you feeling tired yet? I think some people feel tired from the very beginning.

Yeah, stop temping!! I was doing it, too, and then finally made myself stop. It was lower after week 6 than it was around time of missed AF.
So...STOP! It will make you insane! haha

Ladybird--Sorry, you're feeling nauseated. It's so yucky feeling, but at least lets you know that things are probably on the right track. I noticed mine gets worse through the day, too. Almost nothing in the AM. Mine had gone away for the most part recently, but yesterday it was back with a vengeance. I'm hoping it was a one-day thing only.

Joli--congrats on the new house!! That's really exciting. We're still renting, unfortunately. Such a pain in the butt. I just saw you're 7w4d now--woohoo! Time flies :thumbup:

Nicole--so happy to see you over here in these parts! I can't believe you're
almost 5 weeks! How are you feeling so far?

Thanks hibiscus, it's seems to be the same pattern again today, ok in the morning and worse as the day goes on. Oh well, like you say it's a good sign that bubs is nestled in well so that's good. Sorry u feel rotten today hope it eases tomorrow

joli- congrats on the house!! Hope things go well x

nicole - im sure yr blood results will be fine and the sickness should be a good sign

Afternoon ladies!

Nicole- Welcome! I don't know if I've seen you before!!!! Its easy to miss sometimes! Congrats on your bump!

I don't know what this temp thing is! What are we temping and what should it be at!!!!??? I wanna drive me nuts too with it!

If being sick is a good sign then I'm a GREAT FLASHING sign! Making hte dh take me out for pizza! I was going to make shephards pie but its making me sick to think about. I've lost my 5ish lbs I gained on my vacation!!! Half of that is because I can't eat a whole lot of things and half because I throw up the other half lol.

I started BAWLING watching the princess and the frog today! Just thinking about little bub watching disney movies!!!! I'm going to get beauty and the beast when it comes out!!!!

hibiscus- I'm gonna cross my fingers that your anemia stops immediately! lol Let that iron work its way through your system QUICK! lol You should get your blood pumping! Jumping jacks or something lol.

Tomorrows the big day!!!! Will have lots to update this time tomorrow!!

Hey Hibiscus - I read in my book that lots of pregnant women get breathlessness because your heart is working much harder....they recommend doing some light exercise to get the blood flowing and to improve your oxygen levels in your blood, which will help take the strain off your heart. Just doing some brisk walking should do the trick! I know what you mean about totally not craving healthy food - before I felt any nausea, I was doing great with pumping myself with fruits and veg, but now, though the nausea isn't bad, I just feel like eating carbs!

Nicole - your being sick is a good sign!! But make sure you're taking your vitamins if you're throwing up!

Ladybird - I find it fascinating that your MS gets worse as the day goes on - that must make work pretty difficult! Any other new symptoms for you? I started getting emotional at 7 weeks - I didn't realise I was emotional, until I thought about how angry or upset I was at certain things for no rational reason! lol

Claire - a lot of us were taking our temperatures whilst ttc, cause it can show you when you O and if you're pregnant, cause your temps go higher after O, and then they stay high if you're pregnant. There's no particular temp you should be at, cause every single girl has a different temp range. I stopped temping when I reached 7 weeks, which is longer than most - but that's my control-freak nature coming out! haha. Good luck on your scan! Send us pics!

PS - Claire, happy 9 weeks!!

hey all sorry I have been away!! Cant beleive im 16+4 already!! scary!

glad to see your all happy! STOP TEMPING THO!!!!!!

Hello folks

Joli- my sickness has now become all day as from today. Started as soon as I got up this morning, uurgh. Only good thing is that I'm not actually being sick, just nausea so I hope it just stays like this. Trouble is I just want to keep eating carbs n savoury stuff so I'm prob gonna put loads of weight on :nope: I'm feeling exhausted and slightly irritable/emotional, oh and my bbs are sore and larger. Nearly shot through the roof when DH made a quick grab for them the other day!:wacko:
how's your ms at the mo?

Claire - hope everything goes well, can't wait to see scan pics!!
Aurora - 16+4 already, wow time flies!
Hibiscus - I'm suffering with breathlessness too, I'm too knackered to exercise though!!

Ladybird - my MS is strange, it's there some days and totally absent other days - I'm like you, it's not enough to make me physically sick, but it's just irritating. Last night before I left work, I decided I really wanted to eat pancakes, so I bought some mix, and by the time I got home and took out the box, I just didn't want them any more. It's very confusing!! Suffice to say that I'm totally craving carbs as well, my fruit and veg plan has gone out the window this last week! My bb's are clearly a cup size bigger, and sore - they just feel very full. DH loves it - I keep telling him not to enjoy it too much, cause they'll deflate in less than a year's time!

I wrote a whole post earlier and it went away, I hate when I do that. My mouse has a mind of its own. I feel like I can offically post in here now. Not sure if you all still read the other thread so I'll update here as well. Had my ultrasound yesterday and my bean is in my uterus this time! :) I got to see the gestational sac and will be having another one to see the heartbeat in 1-2 weeks. :yipee:

mommymichele: hope you feel better very soon!! I really can't believe you're already 11 weeks, that's gone by so quickly!

hibiscus: I forgot to reply the other day :doh: No tiredness yet, but I remember it very well and am hoping to escape it this time. Probably a silly notion. How are you doing? breathlessness getting any better?

clairenicole: Hi! I haven't posted on this thread before, I've been on the other thread for a few months though. How did your scan go? hope it went well and you got a picture of your bean! Looking forward to your update.

ladybird: happy 7 weeks!! hope your sickness goes away soon! at least eases up a bit.

devi: hope you're having a good vacation. When you get back can you add me to the front page? my due date based on my ov date is novemeber 23rd, could change when I have a dating ultrasound.

I'm feeling better, I forgot to run my humidifier last night and suffered. Silly me! I do have a sinus infection and am calling for a script today.

Yes, Nicole, I can't believe I'm over 11 weeks now! This is going by pretty fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->