(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Thanks tink the way you put it makes sense, like you say it gives me chance to come to terms with the gender plus I could take my boys with me so it would be nice for them to see baby and make it more real. Sod it I think I'll book one. Just gotta hope DH is ok with it, can't see why he won't be though x

Thanks, Tink!

I like the name discussion. DH and I haven't talked about it toooo much because I can't get him to suggest any names he likes.
I have gotten him to say, though, that he wouldn't mind Andrew for a boy. It's pretty basic--I like it. I was originally stuck on Henry, but 2 of my friends have since named their kids Henry! So, that's out.
For a girl, I love the name Charlotte, but DH is lukewarm about it. We initially both liked the name Charlie for a girl but we've both cooled on it.

MM- I would LOVE that... But we have some problems with family boy names. On my fathers side James is very big and I like James... but its also Justin's alcoholic biological father that signed off rights to him when he was 2 months old... so It can't even be a middle name :| Which STINKS.... then there is Robert which I like too because that is my dad's name and my mom's dad's name... but then How do we name our baby after my father and not my step father?? and theres no way to name him after Stepfathers family. So that leaves Wallace... which is also big in my mothers family... but REALLY WALLACE??? Or Frank lol THEN OH says we can't pick a name that is already in his massivly HUGE family... so there goes that. Its made this whole thing very hard!

If he turns out to be a she I think we might name her Beverly after my grandmother! Beverly Josaphine Kundinger. Or something like that lol.

Joli- I think I'm gonna pee on myself thinking about your Roman troupe!!!!!! I'm thinking you have to go with Cesar or Constantine lmao Or you could just name him Big... like on Sex and the City... and then you'll have a big roman troupe :rofl: Oh MAN do I think I'm funny!!!

Aurora- I thought you didn't WANT to know???

Lady- I say go for it... whats 45 dollars? (well Euros?)

Ladybird.... If you are having a lil princess it would make all of your days! I know I was rather inconsolable when I found out I was having a boy (selfishly), however am super excited about it now and I booked gender scan without first discussing with DH as I know he'd of said no and to wait for nhs scan! So I just went ahead and did it and told him after I'd booked it! Lol He knows what I'm like so wasn't cross!!! Hehehehe

Claire, if you want to use James as a middle name, use it. Just because 'that' James was an ass, doesn't mean YOUR James is going to be one. Robert James is a very good solid name. James Dean, Jesse James (the cowboy, who's partners the Grimes Brothers are related to my DH) James Cagney, James Bond.

Pick a name that means something to you and to hell with what anyone else has to say about it. DH's Uncle is already being kind of an ass about Charlie's name. There are bad Charlie's too, Charles Manson for one. Like I said, just because one was an ass, doesn't mean your kid is going to be the same.

Joli - DH has been feeling the baby kicks for almost a month now.. since around 19 weeks..
but it was the first time that baby responded to DH's pokes..

Awww I like Darcie. :thumbup:
We have settled on a girls name Felicity June Porter :flower:
MM you make me feel bad because there is no special significance to Felicity. Someone just said the name and I loved it instantly and so did DH. He disagreed with me on most other names I like - Scarlet, Audrey, Ava (to name a few) so I was just relieved we both liked it. I also like that it can be shortened to Lissy, Lissa, Flick or Flicka. There is a rather cheesy horsey movie I love called Flicka too.
June is my wonderful grandmothers name (on my mothers side) and I think its good to have a simple middle name after a 4 syllabled first name.

We are stuck on boys names although good traditional ones like Jack (DHs grandfather), Daniel (not at the same time as Jack like the whiskey :rofl:) and Matthew are in the mix. Middle name for a boy will be Kevin. Not necessarily my favourite name but I have a brother who was born at 26 weeks, the same year as DH, who only survived 6 days. Obviously I never met him but it would make my darling Mum ever so proud for me to use his name.

Wasn't trying to make you feel bad 2016! If the name is something your immediately in love with, I think it's meant to be. Your supposed to have that name.

Speaking of namesakes, Charlie is kicking up a storm now! He's been quiet all day, I think he knows I'm making Daddy chocolate chip walnut cookies! (Secretly, they are more for me and Charlie, we might let daddy have a few!)

When I say make me feel bad...I don't mean bad bad lol I was just impressed by your wonderfully considered choices. It's wonderful that Charles is picked for all those great and talented people and I love the idea you will be introducing your little boy to them when he's older.
I always found it frustrating when I was a girl and asked my mum why she picked me name...she just says "dunno, we just picked it...maybe it's from little house on the prarie or something" :dohh:

I wish I could pick a name out in advance for baby..

In my culture the first name is chosen by horoscope.. The exact time, place and date of birth is given to an astrologer and he/she then comes up with the letter of the alphabet that is most auspicious for the baby.. so then we use that letter of the alphabet eg: if he says S -- the name can be Sara, Samara, Sam ect..

The second/middle name of the baby whether boy/girl is the fathers first name.. so Dh's name is Nikhil

what we have done is have a list from A-Z 1 name for a boy & 1 for a girl in each letter of the alphabet..

Thats crazy Devi!!! I'd BURST waiting!!! But I can't wait to see what letter you get!!

I'm loving all the name chat! Devi - I totally understand where you're coming from with choosing an auspicious name (living in Asia!). We will choose our name, and then get it checked by a Feng Shui master to make sure that it's suitable - it's totally the 'done thing' out here! Middle name of Nikhil is awesome, it's so unusual!

2016 - I think you and I have really similar taste for girl's names! I really likes Scarlett and Ava as well! Since we're not having a girl, I'll throw some other of my ideas which you might like (even though I think Felicity is a beautiful name (and the name of my favourite teacher at school!)) - I also liked Amelia (and call her "Mia" for short), Isabella, Serena, Angelina.

GG - Darcie is a really cute unusual name as well - have you thought of any boy names?

ClaireNicole - I totally agree with MM, it's hard to be objective about a name if you closely associate it with someone negative...but if you like the name, I say go for it! (James Anthony is my brother's first and middle name, and he turned out ok) :)

Now that we know it's a boy, we're starting to settle on some name ideas... our top choice so far is Harrison Joel Roman Troupe (Harry for short) or Alexander Joel Roman Troupe. We're also toying with Nathan, but not sure!

We like Harrison but can't use it because Harry Porter would just be hilarious :haha: and also Louise in case she is called Porter Lou :rofl:

hahaha - 2016, that is too funny! I hadn't thought of that! :rofl:

(sorry, the following is a bit rude, but quite funny) - I have a friend who's surname is Cater and he said all of the following names have been vetoed:

"Indie"(cater)
"Master"(cater)
"Forni"(cater)
"Adjudi"(cater")

and the list goes on....!

Happy V Day Devi!!!! :bunny:

And happy 16 weeks GG. :hugs:

Congrats Devi!!! I wanna be viable! I know that we are supposed to sit back and enjoy this period of time... but I'm so OVER being pregnant! I love this baby but I want him to be done cooking and comeoutta my oven so I can have my kitchen back... If ya know what I mean. lol

OHHH.. YAY!! viable today.. totally didnt think about it until i saw the messages.. hehe..

joli - I think Alexander is a WONDERFUL name.. it is my favorite name EVER..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->